Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Maschine

Ok, so I just saw the new "video" they released and there is a blurb about better integration with DAWs.

?

I have live and studio one, is there REALLY any more integration improvements, or is it some obscure thing that only one host (that I don't have) can do?

You got a link for that video?

gamecat666 wrote: Combined with Komplete its database is amazing. And i LOVE the way native NI plugins integrate with a full (or mini) UI in maschine
Im guessing this was what the fuss was about Kore, which makes it even more of a shame that they binned it off.
Yes absolutely, we've had this level of integration for years with Kore (and more). But also you have the sound design possibilities. At least Kore still works with Maschine, recently NI announced it wouldn't (even though it works fine in other DAWS) but they have backtracked on that due to the outcry from people who use both.

dredd i knight wrote:You got a link for that video?
it's pretty generic:

http://newsletter.native-instruments.co ... newsletter

hibidy wrote:Ok, so I just saw the new "video" they released and there is a blurb about better integration with DAWs.

?

I have live and studio one, is there REALLY any more integration improvements, or is it some obscure thing that only one host (that I don't have) can do?
Yes. There is much more freedom with automation now. no longer limited to the 8 macros per group, which was absurd.

Still can't figure out how to get Maschine to stop asking me to locate Komplete packs that i don't have installed. :(

The 'integration' of lots of things in Maschine 2 is poor, NI plugins in Maschine 2 are running at very very slow UI update speed, VST plugin integration is something of a second thought joke, try understanding the automapped parameter names, then even better try and learn new ones, tiresome useless annoying.
The list really goes on and the updates so far have actually added in more bugs than they fixed, I would avoid the update to 2 at all costs right now.
Duh

bungle wrote:The 'integration' of lots of things in Maschine 2 is poor, NI plugins in Maschine 2 are running at very very slow UI update speed, VST plugin integration is something of a second thought joke, try understanding the automapped parameter names, then even better try and learn new ones, tiresome useless annoying.
The list really goes on and the updates so far have actually added in more bugs than they fixed, I would avoid the update to 2 at all costs right now.
I don't think vst integration is a joke, but I'd agree with the rest of this sentiment. I think Ni would as well; 2 is kinda like where they were with 1.0... It's gonna take a while for them to get the features back in there that made 1,8 so kick-ass. They've as much as said this in the recent on the record. I'm jumping in now though because I want to be up to speed with it, but I'm keeping 1.8 for my old and existing projects....

Don't get me wrong , I am using v2 myself (I will live with the issues), but VST support is nothing but a joke right now, there are a lot of very well known VSTs that do not work correctly in Maschine, in fact even Kontakt doesn't even run right, you have to minimize it and maximize it after bringing up its full UI before it is working correctly.
It is very very bad.
Duh

dredd i knight wrote:
bungle wrote:The 'integration' of lots of things in Maschine 2 is poor, NI plugins in Maschine 2 are running at very very slow UI update speed, VST plugin integration is something of a second thought joke, try understanding the automapped parameter names, then even better try and learn new ones, tiresome useless annoying.
I don't think vst integration is a joke, but I'd agree with the rest of this sentiment. I think Ni would as well; 2 is kinda like where they were with 1.0... It's gonna take a while for them to get the features back in there that made 1,8 so kick-ass. They've as much as said this in the recent on the record. I'm jumping in now though because I want to be up to speed with it, but I'm keeping 1.8 for my old and existing projects....
OK. that answers a lot of questions i have (or had) about jumping in right now!

but my real concern is how much (and in what way) 'studio' really improves your workflow over the older h/w and 1.8? this question is for real maschine pros (working under deadlines).

i don't put much weight on videos to answer such questions as videos are mostly advertising and the point of advertising is to 'motivate', not 'inform'. further, books and talking to people are 'nonlinear', which saves time over ff'ing your way through any linear medium to get to key points.

thanks for any help in this consideration.
overthrow KRAPITALISM ! you have nothing to lose but your claims.

Automapped param names would be down to how well the dev has named them - some use descriptive names, others use meaningless ones (Padshop Pro for example just has numbers for a gazillion of them), some organise them in a logical manner (u-he being a great example of this), others have them all over the place (again Padshop Pro is one of the worst). Not really much Maschine (or any host) can do about that apart from allow you to create your own customised layouts which is something Kore did (does) well but I assumed, perhaps wrongly, Maschine would have inherited. So I'd be interested to know how the learn feature works in Maschine compared to Kore 2?

1 It has no bearing if the developer labels parameters well
Example
Oscilator 1 Shape
Oscilator 1 Level
Oscilator 1 PWM
Oscilator 1 Tune
These are all laid out brilliantly and very clear right ?
Maschine
Oscilator
Oscilator
Oscilator
Oscilator
Not so useful and clear now are they, Maschine only has 9 characters for parameters, these can be changed via the learn system, unfortunately the learn system does not work wit a lot of plugins.

This has been reported on the forum by other users too

Also how about having every plugin you own all listed in one big pop up list, no separation at all hahaha
lets be fair for some of the die hard plug junkies out there, this is going to ruin their life hahaha

There are various bits of silliness like this through out the app right now, it is very much a V1
Duh

bungle wrote:Maschine only has 9 characters for parameters, these can be changed via the learn system, unfortunately the learn system does not work wit a lot of plugins.
Oh I see, that's crazy, you would think they would at least have incorporated what Kore can do, Kore sees the whole param name and learn works perfectly.

dp

Rant mode = on.

Wow, what planet where NI on when they worked on midi export in 2x

Unbelievably rubbish. Shame on you NI, and shame on you for taking so bloody long to fix it. :x :x

Rant mode = off

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”