Reaper Gets An Awesome Sequencer (Finally!)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V 4.55 gave the JS baby sequencer some love, but then poster jnif made a game changer out of it.

Seriously it is a game changer as far as drums go in Reaper.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=130590

This pretty much covers all my basic requirements for a quick n dirty drum grid.

He's been updating it on a daily basis, so it's not even "done" yet. Such an improvement over the original one.

this is quite amazing - and really makes Reaper so much more interesting. You can attach a sequence to a midi item (any number to any number) have them all play at different rates and have different lengths (be utterly different or completely the same) and then move them around in real time on the timeline, playing all the while. Much fun.

I need to play with this!

I havent even tried the one they added with 4.55 yet...

Man that's one ugly step sequencer though

I must admit that while I appreciate people developing add-ons for REAPER, I don't like this step sequencer.

If I need a step sequencer, I use plugins.

I wouldn't make my beat in this sequencer, I prefer to have every drum element on a different track...

But someone others made an Arpeggiator plugin for REAPER (I thought its name was "Super-Arpeggiator" or something like that) which was really great...

I have expected much more to be honest. Glad that some people find a use for it. I prefer the piano roll with drums maps written in the notes.

given some people find this underwhelming, and I don't really know much about what is on the market, I was wondering what other step sequencers allowed for multiple instances with different lengths and rates? Guru used to have ratios between instances, but not a continuous rate setting. And also one of the sugar bytes people had a fantastic step sequencer a few years back that had simple ratios. Any others?

Well thesys is on sale right now for $29 and that would be pretty much the most capable ss on the market no?

TheoM wrote:Well thesys is on sale right now for $29 and that would be pretty much the most capable ss on the market no?
$129 here?

but I am wating for the Loomer Epoch - that should be perfect

Where is Thesys 29 dollars? I've tried it before though, and it seemed hopelessly complicated. For quickly programming drum patterns I haven't come across anything yet that I particularly like, until jnif's mod of sequencer_baby. If anyone has suggestions though I'd love to try them out.

Yep, this one is f***in great for drums or super fast midi editing. I slapped it before my BONG and it's like working with my good old Redrum.

Dang this one is the ish. Really great drum sequencer. I love that you can save your patterns with all velocity and timing parameters. And the to paint notes like this is a real timesaver.
Tricky-Loops wrote:...
I wouldn't make my beat in this sequencer, I prefer to have every drum element on a different track...
No problem. Either use a synth/sampler that has multiple outputs and route them to their own channels. Or if you need them "real midi" you could record your midi events on your tracks after you layed them down in your sequencer.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

i own thesys, but i'm enjoying this new reaper sequencer more, it's just so quick to to get patterns going, being able to record it's output is great

One man's torture, another man's fun... :lol:

Re the $29 at musicians friend.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”