So the Propellerhead's forum is down. Post in here if you normally post there.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Antidote Parsec 2 Reason 12

dramaticforumrat wrote:
TheoM wrote:
Tronam wrote:Image
The C670. I'm sure it'll be useless. 8)
Not useless at all, just not a great fairchild EMU (imo).
You've got a fairchild at home?

Or you basing it off another emulation?
I will say this only once, as I reported you to a mod when you came and attacked kvr. I will never address you, answer you, or give you any of my time after this message. That was it. Cheers.

TheoM wrote:
dramaticforumrat wrote:
TheoM wrote:
The C670. I'm sure it'll be useless. 8)
Not useless at all, just not a great fairchild EMU (imo).
You've got a fairchild at home?

Or you basing it off another emulation?
I will say this only once, as I reported you to a mod when you came and attacked kvr. I will never address you, answer you, or give you any of my time after this message. That was it. Cheers.

Maybe it doesn't need a gain knob or separate sides?

Tronam wrote:I think Theo mainly wishes that it offered more granular control like many of the other current Fairchild emulations, which is totally understandable. It would appear that when McDSP first modeled this years back, he made a conscious decision to make it as easy to use as possible. I haven't had a chance to hear it yet though, so I can't really comment on how good his "sweet spot" algorithms actually are in this device.
I'm not saying the behaviour is "wrong", and I have used enough real ones but the last time was 13 years ago, and one forgets, but it does come back to me as I test the different emus. Its a nice comp, and I used to own the ultimate comp 6030 plugin but with the Fairchild I do prefer the more control and the authentic emu of that control. If one wants the basic compression characteristics in three knobs, sure this does a fine job, afaik there is no transformer modelling or anything like that though.

But how does it sound :)

dramaticforumrat wrote:But how does it sound :)
We'll find out soon enough. :) I believe he was aiming for release before the end of the month. Since I have no personal experience with the hardware it's emulating, it'll really just come down to whether it sounds good or not to me. It may not be the end all be all Fairchild emulation on the market, but McDSP has a solid reputation for good sounding plugins, so I'm sure this will be a very useful flavor of compressor to have in the rack. Considering the quick succession of these latest two beta devices, I suspect the rest of the 6030 bundle are in development as well.

Don't forget, with mcdsp, if it starts off at say $50 intro, if you are patient you will likely get it for $5 a few months after. :lol:

MachineClaw wrote:Reason 7 Power! book has been release.

http://www.amazon.com/Reason-7-Power-Co ... on+7+power

Anyone use the Reason Power books? are they worth the investment in money and time??
have bought them in the past. my opinion is that the books focus on impressing the buyer in the store/online 'pre buy' but when it really comes down to it, there rather shitty and really don't teach you anything at all. or rather, they teach you nothing that you can't learn on youtube or online much better and much easier. they cater to the uninformed.

powertools for reason on the other hand is f**king epic but *cough peff* there haven't been any new versions for a long time. that said, book buying is so 1990s unless you need highly complex knowledge that you cant really teach/learn in a video like programming or informational security etc etc even a book like powertools cant really compete whatsoever to the amount of video tutorial information found online. anybody that buys tutorial books today is just wasting there money.

If you're not already familiar with this bundle of compressors and haven't seen Colin McDowell being... well... himself, then here's an introduction. :hihi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9KPCooShTQ

FRG sounds fantastic, though I feel what Softube's FET does is very similar in a much prettier GUI.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Can't say I'd be super upset about that!

But I really do think PUF will be back eventually (obviously not before January).
TheoM wrote:Mark my words, this time next year, PUF won't be back, and RER will be the new reason forums :wink:

That's nothing more than a personal gut feeling.!

Anyone use the Reason Power books? are they worth the investment in money and time??
I have the Power Tools for Reason book by Kurt Kurasaki (Peff), and it was an awesome book, if a little too technical at times. But if you followed along with the examples, the book is very good. I know G.W. Childs has taken up the Power book banner. Though I haven't read the book, so can't give a proper review.

Might I also humbly suggest a book I just released on December 1st: "Reason101 Visual Guide to the Reason Rack." It has coverage of all 43 Core Reason devices, 8 Rack Extensions, and 101 practical and creative tutorials. All covered in a highly visual way. Here's the link, with some free sample material:

http://www.reason101.net/products/reaso ... ason-rack/

Happy Reasoning!

Reason101 wrote:

I have the Power Tools for Reason book by Kurt Kurasaki (Peff), and it was an awesome book, if a little too technical at times. But if you followed along with the examples, the book is very good. I know G.W. Childs has taken up the Power book banner. Though I haven't read the book, so can't give a proper review.

Might I also humbly suggest a book I just released on December 1st: "Reason101 Visual Guide to the Reason Rack." It has coverage of all 43 Core Reason devices, 8 Rack Extensions, and 101 practical and creative tutorials. All covered in a highly visual way. Here's the link, with some free sample material:

http://www.reason101.net/products/reaso ... ason-rack/

Happy Reasoning!
+1

If you're going to get a Reason book, it should be Rob's. He's been running the Reason101 site for years, and he's definitely one of the authorities. He's not some company who's making a halfassed cash grab, he's one guy who loves Reason and always puts his heart and soul into his work.

Lunesis wrote:
+1

If you're going to get a Reason book, it should be Rob's. He's been running the Reason101 site for years, and he's definitely one of the authorities. He's not some company who's making a halfassed cash grab, he's one guy who loves Reason and always puts his heart and soul into his work.
Lunesis,
Thanks so much for your kind words. I really appreciate that!

Prop's holiday sale is on in the Prop Shop. Lots of refills and RE's on sale - some that weren't on sale for the Black Friday thang last month. Just picked up Kilohearts One synth! Tempted to get FX Expansion's TRES, but... must... resist.. :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Thanks for the Reason book reviews and comments.

Reason 7 Power I can get Kindle version for like $7.00. might be good to have as a reference even if it's not that great a book to have.

I have Groove3.com subscription so I'm goin through those Reason vids.

I'll check out the 101 stuff. good to know.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”