So the Propellerhead's forum is down. Post in here if you normally post there.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Antidote Parsec 2 Reason 12

AstralExistence wrote:hey guys, can you tell me if my core to quad q9450 with 3 gigs of ram is good enough to run the kilo hearts khs one. im getting a new pc this january but i thought it might be a good idea to invest in a easy to program synth for reason. my polysix just inst cutting it. cpu wise its great but cmon, its so so simple sounding. so how is the cpu use from people who own it? also, i think reason re just like native plugins only use cpu when they are active could somebody tell me if thats true or not?
Tried it? I did but I didn't like the sound so much.. ymmv though. CPU usage wasn't as heavy as say, Antidote or Predator. Maybe try the Monopoly?

Yes, I wondered if 'AF' meant Adam :) Cool, what a good collab from both of you.

And honestly I didn't recognize Antimatter in there but I'm super pleased to hear that you used it and it contributed to this great track!

Thanks for the kind words :D Honestly sometimes the pressure of keeping a really high quality standard each and every product can be a bit of a burden, but hearing that those efforts are paying off w/ re: to inspiring your music really makes the extra effort worth it :)
Lunesis wrote: Thanks Jeremy! A very cool compliment coming from you, since I received a bit of a hand on the final mix from somebody who regularly contributes patches to your refills ;) it was for the most part arranged before I got your mind-blowing Antimatter refill, but I managed to slip at least one patch in there.. Nova AF I think it was. Now it is the first refill I open up when I am looking for inspiration for a new song. I haven't managed to grab Hyperdrive yet but barring Parsec, it's the next thing on my list. In my opinion, anything you guys release is an absolute must buy, and I can't really say that about anything else in Reason.

Over three hour production tutorial.

http://www.pyramind.com/training/2013/1 ... deo-recap/

AstralExistence wrote: considering kilo hearts one :)
I like kHs One quite a bit and the developer is such a nice fellow. It isn't as comprehensive as Predator or Antidote in some respects, but it has a very straightforward interface and the waveforms/filters have a noticeably different sounding character to them. The waveshaping oscillators allow for lots of oscillator movement, the vowel filter sounds great and things like the final output EQ/limiter are nice touches. There was a kHs One song competition over at the PUF a while back. One of the more generous Reason YouTube tutorial guys, Speo (TehVoiceOfReason), won the compo with this fun track that showcases One in a more modern electronic music context:
http://soundcloud.com/speomusic/one

the theres the korg monopoly also. anybody have that.

Tronam wrote:
I like kHs One quite a bit and the developer is such a nice fellow. It isn't as comprehensive as Predator or Antidote in some respects, but it has a very straightforward interface and the waveforms/filters have a noticeably different sounding character to them. The waveshaping oscillators allow for lots of oscillator movement, the vowel filter sounds great and things like the final output EQ/limiter are nice touches. There was a kHs One song competition over at the PUF a while back. One of the more generous Reason YouTube tutorial guys, Speo (TehVoiceOfReason), won the compo with this fun track that showcases One in a more modern electronic music context:
Yeah, didn't mean to bash it.. I just had a tough time getting a variety of textures out of it when I tried using it exclusively, for the song challenge. Others got some great results so it could easily be my lack of sound design skills.

Yeah, KHS is a nice synth to work with, I enjoyed using it when I had it on trial..here is a track made entirely from it (not the drums though...oh except a high hat sound)

https://soundcloud.com/zeebot/three-ton-load-khs-one

i admit, ive been temped to troll a place where little old grandmas go. like a sewing or crochet forum and asking something like, how to i do parallel processing? that wouldn't be very nice but it sure would be funny.

AstralExistence wrote:i admit, ive been temped to troll a place where little old grandmas go. like a sewing or crochet forum and asking something like, how to i do parallel processing? that wouldn't be very nice but it sure would be funny.
I wasn't aware such places existed. Where is this mythical land of which you speak?

Lunesis wrote:
Tronam wrote:
Yeah, didn't mean to bash it.. I just had a tough time getting a variety of textures out of it when I tried using it exclusively, for the song challenge. Others got some great results so it could easily be my lack of sound design skills.
KHS one is all about knowing what its good at. It's very very good for lead and bass, That's pretty much where it's strengths lie.

Lunesis wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:i admit, ive been temped to troll a place where little old grandmas go. like a sewing or crochet forum and asking something like, how to i do parallel processing? that wouldn't be very nice but it sure would be funny.
I wasn't aware such places existed. Where is this mythical land of which you speak?
https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-222330-1.html

must resist...

AstralExistence wrote:hey guys, can you tell me if my core to quad q9450 with 3 gigs of ram is good enough to run the kilo hearts khs one. im getting a new pc this january but i thought it might be a good idea to invest in a easy to program synth for reason. my polysix just inst cutting it. cpu wise its great but cmon, its so so simple sounding. so how is the cpu use from people who own it? also, i think reason re just like native plugins only use cpu when they are active could somebody tell me if thats true or not?
You're running Reason 7 with the minimum required RAM, but your CPU is only slightly slower than mine (q9650). KHs One runs fine on my machine. Have you tried the 30-day demo? Regarding devices not using CPU when not active, that's sort of true. Some devices have free running LFO that will consume some CPU cycles even if there is no MIDI data being received. Anyway, kHs One is a fantastic subtractive synth. I consider it "Subtractor 2.0": it's easy to program, familiar, sounds fantastic, has superior CV routing via the back panel, and is just a fantastic piece of kit for the current sale price. Highly recommended.

PS: I see someone got banned. Heh, silly hwgr.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Khs One is definitely no "Subtractor 2.0". Subtractor has more features and is a lot faster to program. It also has a greater range with it's wavetables and phase modulation. Khs One is good for very particular bass and lead sounds. If you want anything else it sounds pretty unmusical with its complete lack of free running oscillators, self resonant filters and tringle/sine wave waves.
Khs One should have focused more on the actual synth than adding a bunch of bland effects and a master EQ.
Having said that it does a pretty good Juno 6-ish sound.

Lunesis wrote:
TheoM wrote:Lunesis, i have complained to a mod, this guy is ganging up and trolling on you, he doesn't think it's banworthy (yet) but is keeping an eye out. That's all i can say. Your best bet for now is to simply ignore it, literally. Just press the mute button. The mod will do the job. I mean the guy has insulted your (quite good) music, is following you and others around to post nothing other than insults or bait, 80% of his posts so far are pure trolling since he joined. You and I don't always see eye to eye, but i hate it when someone is picked on and forum victimised on purpose, it's ick. You have actually done absolutely not one thing to him to warrant it, and even answered his ridiculous assumptions that you weren't making music.

@dramaticforu, stop it, you are ruining the topic, and right now you are making it very unpleasant to be here. Rather than do precisely what you are accusing others of (hanging around at forums and being talentless) why not take your own advice and go write some music, or if you are, great, but there's ZERO value in trolling at a forum, for anyone. so.. Just be nice? all you had to say when lunesis posted his links was "cheers thanks" that's it. Trolling is against the rules of KVR, and trying to get a rise out of someone is pure trolling. You're actually cyber stalking right now, and it's disgusting, so i am asking you to stop.
I know we butted heads in the past, but outspoken personalities are prone to do that. I think you're a cool guy with a lot of knowledge and passion. So I apologize for being a bit of a jerk to you last year.

Hi, apology humbly accepted, and vice versa believe me i am sorry too. You are obviously very talented and passionate about music as well. Glad we are all cool, and the PUF is the past and forgotten, will never bring it up again.

Cheers!

fceramic wrote:Khs One is definitely no "Subtractor 2.0". Subtractor has more features and is a lot faster to program. It also has a greater range with it's wavetables and phase modulation. Khs One is good for very particular bass and lead sounds. If you want anything else it sounds pretty unmusical with its complete lack of free running oscillators, self resonant filters and tringle/sine wave waves.
Khs One should have focused more on the actual synth than adding a bunch of bland effects and a master EQ.
Having said that it does a pretty good Juno 6-ish sound.
Eh, that's one opinion I suppose. My opinion is that it is Subtractor 2.0. You're quite welcome to disagree, though. :)

When it comes down to it, Subtractor sounds... well.. pretty rough in comparison to One. Subtractor aliases like a mofo (no secret), and is a 13 year old VA. You may think One sounds unmusical, but I certainly don't. It's all good.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”