Who has push?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

deastman wrote:Yes, you can add audio, MIDI, or bus tracks with Push. You can arm the audio tracks and record into them. The one thing I haven't figured out how to do, if possible at all, is to select the audio inputs to record from. It seems to go with the same defaults as if you had added an audio track the normal way. I often find myself recording the output of one track to the input of another, so it would be nice if there was a way to do that routing from Push. Of course, I never did RTFM, so it might be possible.
Thanks much!

I think I'm going to give it a whirl. WC is having to return it which should be an easy thing to sort with ableton (since you have to register it to use it)

I've been blasted with videos and I can see myself doing many of the things on there (though certainly not as well.

So now the question is how are the ableton viddys? Do I need to subcribe to Lynda or something like that to get the beef?

Ok, other than not being any good at using it, seems to work fine.

Time for learning (well, in between some football) :D

Is it supposed to be this easy to use? I mean, I fraking jammin with this thing :ud:

Another happy Push user here. It really is amazing how much more fluid using Live can be with Push. Yes there are drawback for 3rd party content that requires workarounds and hacks to change, but considering how happy I've been without resorting to hacks this far, I don't see it a major drawback.

Thanks to reading this thread I found the audiomodder site and I reluctantly purchased. I wanted to figure it all out on my own, but I realized seeing it in action might be better (and spending $20 to not have to save everything as Live preset seems worth it).

Otherwise, going back to using 3rd party instruments/effects is not terrible using Push. It helps if you know what features you use the most, or would like to utilize the most. I've replaced the default returns with my favorite delay and reverb plugs, saved these as effect racks with macros for my most used features, and then simply added additional parameters via the configuration option. Saving this allows access to all features you've added.

***edited an extra "not" so it actually makes sense now
Last edited by elxsound on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiomodder looks interesting.

I'm alsoa recent push buyer and am loving it.
nativekontrol pxt might be of interest to you too...

Back on the audiomodder note... The collection is definitely worth the $20. I've been saving my Kore Soundpacks, featuring drums as new presets and damn is it time consuming. In the video for setting up the Kontakt presets, he uses Keyboard Maestro to create time saving macros, which I think I'll break down and get soon. It seems it won't be a perfect match fore Kore, but even automating part of the saving process would be very helpful.

Otherwise I have to add that I love being able to access what I have now from Push. It's funny, but I think I'll be using more of my content now via Push than I ever did before.

There's still some issues to workaround but I'm hoping down the road, in either future updates, or major versions upgrades that these will be fixed. Push changes things, so hopefully Ableton responds appropriately since I think most of the improvements should come on the software side.

yeah, I'm not thrilled with the side buttons/lighting wise. I guess that is "how it is" which is a hard pill to swallow. And yes, I have the PS plugged in (they were black before that :roll: )

But MAN, how much I've used it! I mean, I got all kinds of nitpicky things that I wish were better, but I'm kinda "tempered" with this stuff. It seems to be quite the workflow inhabiter.

Oh yeah, I forgot why I responded! :lol:

Guys, again, to all of the posts, and to all of the help, THANKYOU!

Seriously, you rock!

RE: colours
check out this mod that makes Push much more palatable to the eye, and also turns some of the packs into proper drum racks (ie the Kutmaster Kurt one)
http://www.subaqueousmusic.com/producti ... t-for-push

Man, push is pretty deep. Between the viddys, playing and exploring stuff like this...I'll be lost (today was unfortunately a slight stomach flu, so not very musical)

hibidy wrote:Man, push is pretty deep. Between the viddys, playing and exploring stuff like this...I'll be lost (today was unfortunately a slight stomach flu, so not very musical)
:hug: Get well soon...
I know what you mean, it's a pretty deep pool.... i feel a little overwhelmed with all the info available, and am taking my time to get used to used to stuff as i use it, rather than try to absorb everything it can do at once...

Maschine took me about 6 months to a year before i was properly comfortable on it...

I can see this thread costing me 600 bucks the way it's going
:(
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”