Who has push?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

dredd i knight wrote:
hibidy wrote:Man, push is pretty deep. Between the viddys, playing and exploring stuff like this...I'll be lost (today was unfortunately a slight stomach flu, so not very musical)
:hug: Get well soon...
I know what you mean, it's a pretty deep pool.... i feel a little overwhelmed with all the info available, and am taking my time to get used to used to stuff as i use it, rather than try to absorb everything it can do at once...
thanks! I just need a good nights sleep (and my cat is likely not to give it to me, totally wild tonight! :lol: )

Oh yeah, @maschine: Yeah, I actually never really got really comfy with it. My love of push so far is that it CLEARLY integrates with live and I use live about 70% of the time. So unless I run into a serious issue (which I haven't so far and have played with it A LOT) it will be cool. I don't need and don't expect "perfection" and am tempered a bit, but it's amazing how well you can get on with stuff with it.

One issue I can't figure out is why trilian (or same patches in omnisphere) are always vibrato on :?

werp wrote:I can see this thread costing me 600 bucks the way it's going
:(
Keep tuned. If you have live, it's amazing how well it integrates. I watched a SHITLOAD of viddys on it, so kinda had an idea how to use it straight away. Again, my biggest "positive" comment......is it supposed to be this easy to use? ;)

hibidy wrote:
Keep tuned. If you have live, it's amazing how well it integrates. I watched a SHITLOAD of viddys on it, so kinda had an idea how to use it straight away. Again, my biggest "positive" comment......is it supposed to be this easy to use? ;)
I have ableton suite..and a whole bunch of others. X3 producer, FL signature, Studio 1/2 etc.
Plus Maschine.
Pretty damned tough figuring any of 'em out with a permanent size 12 headache in a size 9 head.
I should spend more time on Groove3
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Almost midnight, spent the evening researching controllers. Now I'm leaning towards a Livid Instruments Code V2 (rotary encoders) and Base (pads/buttons/faders) combination. Open source and good to go with any software that utilises 'midi learn'.

hibidy wrote: One issue I can't figure out is why trilian (or same patches in omnisphere) are always vibrato on :?
Im gonna go with aftertouch as the answer to that. The aftertouch in push is ALWAYS on, it has no pressure/time wait period so from the moment you hit a pad it starts sending some sort of aftertouch. I dont have the devices on me but there are some m4l devices out there that block AT or limit it until it hits a certain threshold and then passes it through (as it should be)

At least the pxt scripts have an AT threshold setting, so if your using pxt-general in another daw for playing you wont encounter this. I assume pxt-live also has a setting for this. Of course the simplest way is if you hear it bothering you throw one of those m4l devices on the track

Also here's a push chord reference while I try to track down the m4l devices

So here is a listing of all the m4l's with a push reference:
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/index.php?tag=push

Some useful ones:
Putility - Adds a modwheel knob and a knob to scale aftertouch. So now you can use one of the knobs as a modwheel and filter out the aftertouch
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1854/putility

Afertouch mapper - so you can map any knob to AT
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... uch-device

Keyboard controller - Another one that adds missing stuff, modwheel, at control, but also patch/bank selection, foot, velocity
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... rd-control

werp wrote:Almost midnight, spent the evening researching controllers. Now I'm leaning towards a Livid Instruments Code V2 (rotary encoders) and Base (pads/buttons/faders) combination. Open source and good to go with any software that utilises 'midi learn'.
Well since they are generic midi controllers they will offer the same midi learn functionality that Push would offer in other hosts.

Check this also: http://www.nativekontrol.com/PXT-General.html it helps making Push more usefull with third party soft.
dedication to flying

I really need to get PXT-General since I have Studio One that I also like using
if you're in the US, zZounds will let you pay it off in four payments of $150, and send it to you after the first payment clears (ie when you order it, shipping/tax added to first payment). Then they charge your card 30, 60, and 90 days after that. Any order $250 and above can have this treatment.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me, and no credit check, interest, or anything if that's a concern. They just split it into four payments and done.
Meh.

@ezelkow1: Thanks! Will look into now.......

BRILLIANT!!!!!! Thanks again!

rod_zero wrote:
werp wrote:Almost midnight, spent the evening researching controllers. Now I'm leaning towards a Livid Instruments Code V2 (rotary encoders) and Base (pads/buttons/faders) combination. Open source and good to go with any software that utilises 'midi learn'.
Well since they are generic midi controllers they will offer the same midi learn functionality that Push would offer in other hosts.

Check this also: http://www.nativekontrol.com/PXT-General.html it helps making Push more usefull with third party soft.
Thanks for the nativekontrol link. Adds it to my shopping list :-)

KrisM wrote:I really need to get PXT-General since I have Studio One that I also like using
if you're in the US, zZounds will let you pay it off in four payments of $150, and send it to you after the first payment clears (ie when you order it, shipping/tax added to first payment). Then they charge your card 30, 60, and 90 days after that. Any order $250 and above can have this treatment.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me, and no credit check, interest, or anything if that's a concern. They just split it into four payments and done.
Australia here, my gadget supplier is 1/2 an hour away thank glod. :-)

Derp. I'm still getting used to the new layout >.>
Meh.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”