Who has push?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Spiritos wrote:The poor man's choice:

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/421/
Only if you own lemur for ipad. Personally I prefer touchable, works much better and easier out of the box than lemur

That being said, sat down last night with some ableton and push time that I havent done in a month or so, and push for me was still way faster. Had a pretty good track goin in like 20min only using push and the note step sequencer which I havent tried much of

Push in PXT-Live mode can activate ClphX actions with button presses. ClphX allows the chosen scale to be set and recalled on subsequent project loads.
Here's a video illustrating the basics of scale management on the Push with ClyphX...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7u5LFF4wuM
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

ceasless wrote:I wonder how many people have been push-ed over the edge because of this thread?

It's at least one, as it definitely happened to me. Make sure you contact Ableton for some commission hibidy!
haha, my only goal was to get information prior to purchase and then just share my experiences. There are a couple of things that I wish were different but by and large I don't know what I did w/o it :shrug:

Congrats Hibidy! Isn't Push the greatest! The most beautiful thing about it, is that it reminds me of a big hardware sequencer with a synth module attached to it. You are able to load your sounds, edit your sounds, play your sounds, and record your sounds right from one beautiful solid piece of hardware. I love it. It brought me right back to a time when I'd sit on a stool in front of my rack for hours and hours editing my digital hardware synths by turning a knob, pushing buttons and working with an LCD screen. For some weird reason I got so much more done when working that way. I guess it was more of an audio experience instead of a visual experience like it is staring at a computer screen to do all of your preset editing. But now instead of being limited by having to buy many hardware synth modules at an average cost of $1100.00 a piece, I can make Push have as many faces as I want through use of many different high quality VSTi all integrated with the awesome sequencing power of Ableton Live.

You just can't ask for more. My G.A.S. is over! I'm building my 3rd party VST library for it now. Once I'm done, I will never have to look at the computer monitor ever again to load or edit my presets, also I will be proud of the fact that thanks to Ableton Live 9 and Push, I have one of the most creatively powerful setups in the world. Quite possibly the Galaxy!!! Mwhuuuhaahaaahhaaa!!

I'm having so much fun with this!

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I still haven't bought the audiomodder additional functionality or even played around with the omnisphere presets, but that is coming up. Looking forward to your presets Orbit!

:tu:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Can someone give me a high level (but technical) description of the relationship between push and live. What I remember from ableton's site is that "push operations are hard coded in live." How much of this is true and how much of it is actually externalized from live's code via scripting? If one wanted to support push in other software, what efforts are necessary beyond mapping push's interface to the software?

The normal mode is hard coded functionality relying on communication between Live and Push. In user mode, it works as a generic midi controller.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:The normal mode is hard coded functionality relying on communication between Live and Push. In user mode, it works as a generic midi controller.
No, that much I get. I have one. You're at the edge of space, I'm asking for a 50,000 foot view. I think for the time being, I've got enough to review from here:

http://julienbayle.net/ableton-push/

I'll think about how I want to use push a bit more and then perhaps revisit the question after it's more refined.

tnx,
gs

can we use ClyphX and native Kontrol PXT in the same session?

dw

The one thingI really wish Push had, is tilt from side to side to be able to do pitch vibrato. After seeing all the demos of things like touch keys, the seaboard, the upcoming linnstrument and the qunexus, I really want multi-timbral ptich control...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”