Who has push?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

This is too easy.

However, there are many things I'd like to see that I currently don't see how you can.

-copy/paste/delete of clips. Sure new/repeat are cool, but I'd like to see this. I feel a select "delete" should be an option vs only deleting a previously recorded clip.
-quantize/swing for non "drumrack" stuff. Ugggg, I don't understand why this isn't there.
-I know there is an RGB tool for the pads, but the pads don't seem to be a problem. The sides are too dim, even with the power hooked up. I might have to exchange this one, just filed a support ticket.
-I wish the swing control was more useful :lol: I was hoping it would be more like maschines swing, it's not :dog:

Other than that it's pretty intuitive.

Oh yeah, AND push remembering the "scale" you used last time.

I'm not sure what the issue is you're having with delete. Just hold down the delete button and select a clip. Isn't that what you want?

I tend not to use swing much these days, so I hadn't noticed that particular problem.

A lot of people seem to complain about the LEDs on the pads, but I guess my standards are just lower than most people. I really don't care how uniform or not they are! And yes, the other buttons could stand to be a bit brighter, but I'm fine with them the way they are. Maybe yours are worse? Or maybe my expectations are not high enough.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I'll try that in a few, but I though I couldn't get it to work.

Remember, I'm not talking about the pads (they are fine to me) I'm talking about the sides. Dimly lit.

Awww crap, that worked perfectly :dog:

I thought for sure I'd tried that. Ugggg, If I don't post that nonsense then it won't happen :lol:

Btw, unless I'm seeing something different, the "manual" is pretty basic. I've seen all the ableton viddys and mostly I'm getting on with push pretty well. But I thirst for more. I looked at the "Lynda" tuts, but I really don't think that that is going to bring me closer.

Any really good tuts/viddys anyone know of for more tips/tricks with push?

hibidy wrote:Oh yeah, AND push remembering the "scale" you used last time.
Yeah, this would be very useful, but in place of this I've been editing the track info (right click track, choose edit info track) and then add in the scale, just in case it becomes a project I don't touch for months or years.

hibidy wrote:Btw, unless I'm seeing something different, the "manual" is pretty basic. I've seen all the ableton viddys and mostly I'm getting on with push pretty well. But I thirst for more. I looked at the "Lynda" tuts, but I really don't think that that is going to bring me closer.

I have subscription for Lynda.com and the tutorials are okay. I actually watched them while waiting for the Push (so I could be ready to go the moment it arrived, but the day it arrived my video card went out --- woohoo -- but that's another story for another day).

The section in the manual is extremely basic, but it does cover things nicely and quickly. I find the best videos on Push are the ones demonstrating hacks or alterations via M4L. Push really is very simple to get going quickly in it's default state... but still a matter of getting used to it.

elxsound wrote:
hibidy wrote:Oh yeah, AND push remembering the "scale" you used last time.
Yeah, this would be very useful, but in place of this I've been editing the track info (right click track, choose edit info track) and then add in the scale, just in case it becomes a project I don't touch for months or years.
I'll have to look into this, not sure that "gels" with me currently......

elxsound wrote:
hibidy wrote:Btw, unless I'm seeing something different, the "manual" is pretty basic. I've seen all the ableton viddys and mostly I'm getting on with push pretty well. But I thirst for more. I looked at the "Lynda" tuts, but I really don't think that that is going to bring me closer.

I have subscription for Lynda.com and the tutorials are okay. I actually watched them while waiting for the Push (so I could be ready to go the moment it arrived, but the day it arrived my video card went out --- woohoo -- but that's another story for another day).

The section in the manual is extremely basic, but it does cover things nicely and quickly. I find the best videos on Push are the ones demonstrating hacks or alterations via M4L. Push really is very simple to get going quickly in it's default state... but still a matter of getting used to it.
Right. The M4L stuff does seem to be the "best" hack method. It's funny, because it's a pretty basically easy tool, but I feel it can go MUCH deeper than what I've learned over the last week.

:wink: There's a manual?

I wonder if a M4L device could be used to store and retrieve the current scale for a track?

One would hope a future update to Push would add that functionality anyway.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I think the scale thing is definitely high on the wishlist, see that popup all the time. For me it would be per-clip scale remembering and also modwheel support, thats the one thing I cant believe they left out was a way to switch the touchstrip between pitch and mod. I mean almost every other control has dual/triple/quad functionality going on except for this giant touch strip which only has one purpose as a pitchwheel(well 2 for browsing drumracks but Im not counting that :) )

Does anyone here managed to build some amazing / automagic setup using Push and would like to share experience?
I have big hopes related to this toy, but also no experience with controllers :/ What can you bind to it? Does it work well with / without Max?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

To get around the scale thing I just write de scale into the clip.

The modwheel support or any other use for the touch stirp is the most important update for me. It could be used for so many usefull things.
dedication to flying

IT'S A BADDDDDD BOY!!!!!!!

:hihi:

Man, every day I discover new things and it's like WOW!

fixed length audio........oh yeah baby........uh hun...............

quantize audio? Absolutely.

What's next......groove control? :lol: (I know, I'm dreamin')

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”