Tracktion 5 at NAMM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Not sure about Melodyne ARA - looks to me that was just being used as a plugin the standard way (just as the NI stuff was used) - I don't think that means it's integrated or even included.
You can tell it's ARA by the absence of a "Transfer" button on the Melodyne UI... and that he didn't actually "play" the clip into it in realtime, which is necessary without ARA.

Interesting - how can they afford to bundle it for such a low price?

I would imagine you have to already own it.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Yeah must be.

aMUSEd wrote:Interesting - how can they afford to bundle it for such a low price?
Well, just because they used Melodyne Essentials in the video doesn't actually mean it comes bundled free with Tracktion. :hihi:

They used Battery in the video also. :)

ARA is just a plugin extension, it doesn't necessitate bundling plugs that can use the extension.

"an intuitive workflow with a groundbreaking feature set at a remarkable price."

MusicRadar obviously messed more than the release date up then, nothing groundbreaking here (I wish it was just Jules running this company so all the bulls**t hype was non existent like in it's original form)

Cue fanboy no1 to tell me Music Radar where guessing
Cue fanboy no2 to tell me i hate Tracktion
Continue infinitum
Duh

No clue about "groundbreaking" but i've never seen a workstation drop an entire song into another song's track and render it like that and revert and cycle and so on. I've seen Reaper "try" that, kind of start working on a project in project feature.

But again, i haven't seen them all so, maybe.

At any rate, not sure why people get so often wound up over marketing speak. Once you learn what a thing is, it is what it is, which is all that really matters to anyone making a decision about it.

P.S. I am certainly not a Tracktion fanboy. :)

Reaper can save to pip (Entire song into one item)
Reaper can have that pip open in a seperate tab (Revert and cycle ?)
Not entirely sure what you missed while "trying" it

I see nothing in this video that isn't already in Tracktion for a long time or just taken from other apps.
I am not saying that is a bad thing, but it sure isn't 'groundbreaking'
Looks like a cheap way into ARA based Melodyne if it works as well as S1 though

Why do people get wound up by marketing speak, well in this case it is history, Tracktion in it's original Jules headed guise was a bastion of "This is what it does, i am not telling you it does anything else" then it became with Mackie "We are going to tell you what you want, and then never fix anything" now it has become "OMG OMG OMG we can change volume of things"
Which do you think is most desirable ?
Duh

Not sure why KVR is so full of random and often pointless negativity. Maybe there will be something arguably groundbreaking there. You'd kinda have to see the entire new feature list in full detail to make that determination wouldn't you?

Seems a little early. Why not wait until they publish the full feature list and descriptions of what the new features do or don't do and then you can return and bash the marketeers. :)

Did the PIP thing every get completed in Reaper? I remember it getting a lot of attention then getting shelved - I can't see it in my OS-X version. Maybe it's in the Win version?

Bells and whistles sell cars too . It is what it is . Features sell hosts too as well stability and ease of use . Reaper has a whole lot of features and is rock solid . It is some what easy to use , same goes as S1 . Tracktion hits a home run in the ease of use column , and seems like it wants to get up to speed in the feature and stability area . In the end they all have a product to sell .

aMUSEd wrote:Did the PIP thing every get completed in Reaper? I remember it getting a lot of attention then getting shelved - I can't see it in my OS-X version. Maybe it's in the Win version?
Don't quote me on this but I dont think Reaper dies ARA or PiP yet , I know there is a T5 thread at the Reaper forum where users have stated this ....

aMUSEd wrote:Did the PIP thing every get completed in Reaper? I remember it getting a lot of attention then getting shelved - I can't see it in my OS-X version. Maybe it's in the Win version?
You could enable it in the ini file (or something) but it is left undeveloped since they were more busy with customisation options, I believe.

There was a five sentence blurb on Music Radar. They posted one picture on their facebook page. They released a video that contained no commentary whatsoever, just showed someone manipulating different features of the program. There was a video from someone who was doing freelance graphic design work for them who just basically said she was excited about it.

Hardly a Hype Machine.

They haven't even posted anything about it on their own website.

Tracktion 4 was updated at least 17 times in the last year. It was buggy (not "unuseable") when it was released. now it's a lot more stable than T3 ever was.

Tracktion lags behind other hosts in a lot of areas and features, but it does have a unique workflow, and it's a lot cheaper than anything else. If t5 has ARA it would be among two other sequencers that do? (AFAIK S1 and Sonar x3)

notice the above post is opinion free

ShawnG wrote: They haven't even posted anything about it on their own website.
Yep. And until we hear something official, there's gonna be a couple of T5 threads full of conjecture and pointless arguing :(
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”