Tracktion 5 at NAMM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fedexnman wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
TheoM wrote:Tracktion invented the one page does all paradigm
yeah and a lot of other things we take for granted in DAWs now. Looking forwards to this, I really hope they have massively speeded up the AU plugin scan and compatibility and added free routing so you can record audio from plugins. Those are my main needs.
Thats one thing that Im really hoping for , Record audio straight to the track from VST so be it a a softsynth , drum sampler , or even effects . I really like the way Reaper does this .
doesn't every daw work like this , by enabling the vst track routing output to audio track monitoring and arming an audio track ?
I don't think tracktion was the first to do that ..
Anyway , iirc tracktion 1.0 came out about the same time ableton was released ..thinkit was 2002 or something ..not sure ...ableton didn't have midi back then ..( introduced in 4.0)
Curious about tracktion .5 ,
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:
fedexnman wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
TheoM wrote:Tracktion invented the one page does all paradigm
yeah and a lot of other things we take for granted in DAWs now. Looking forwards to this, I really hope they have massively speeded up the AU plugin scan and compatibility and added free routing so you can record audio from plugins. Those are my main needs.
Thats one thing that Im really hoping for , Record audio straight to the track from VST so be it a a softsynth , drum sampler , or even effects . I really like the way Reaper does this .
doesn't every daw work like this , by enabling the vst track routing output to audio track monitoring and arming an audio track ?
I don't think tracktion was the first to do that ..
I think you misunderstood the post; Tracktion was the first to do lots of things, but NOT that particular feature - it still can't but we are hoping it will (since it has a semi modular aspect it should extend to audio as well as midi).

Actually also (amazingly) not every DAW does that even today there are some major DAWS (Sonar and Orion for example) that do not.

It's always been debatable who did freeze first, Logic 6 or Tracktion.. Many arguments either side.. who cares though LOL.

One thing for sure is that tracktion definitely created the mixerless one page environment.. EOS.. fact..

Jules deserves an excellence award or recognition at least for that.

This is going to be interesting ...

I guess what I would really like to see is some of the Tracktion 3 features removed in favour of the original paradigm. Wouldn't it be great to get the wiggly arrow inputs back? But alongside that of course some great up to date features such as pitch correction for audio built in, decent full screen midi editing, etc.

TheoM wrote:It's always been debatable who did freeze first, Logic 6 or Tracktion.. Many arguments either side.. who cares though LOL.
Indeed. :) Like it actually matters. :hihi:

What matters is not who's first but who does it well. See Ford and then see BWM. Does anyone really think anyone actually cares who who had the first seat belt? :hihi:

Anywho, the Russians were the first humans in space. They 'aint doing very much out there now. :lol:

well, we came to space, saw that there's nothing there (literally), and came back. what else do you expect us to do :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:well, we came to space, saw that there's nothing there (literally), and came back. what else do you expect us to do :-)
Lol. :) i've heard people say the exact same thing about Pro Tools. :hihi:

With the huge monitors most people have today, putting everything on one screen should not be so difficult, including a mixing console. I like Mixcraft's mixer for instance.
I remember the previous version of Tracktion, but somehow I wasn't happy with it. It was not really intuitive to me...

ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I bought T4 last spring, but sorry to say it was so buggy that I soon abandoned it. Felt like Jules was using paying customers as guinea pigs for his cross platform library only - no serious attempt to make it top daw.

But there are many things I like about Tracktion. So since updates are lifetime I might look at T5 when it's been out for a while.

mcnelson wrote: NMG
hmmm- spelled as Trackion 5 at the ending screens make it really professional touch....

:wheee: :wheee:

OMG.... so excited....
Lost in Music...

lfm wrote: So since updates are lifetime I might look at T5 when it's been out for a while.
Not sure what you mean here...are you thinking that since you upgraded to T4, you won't have to purchase the T5 upgrade? If so, I don't think that's the case.

mfkne wrote::wheee: :wheee:

OMG.... so excited....
The best thing I got from my T4 upgrade was your "Freezer" theme, and the fact that it works on T3 as well. :hihi:

TheoM wrote:It's always been debatable who did freeze first, Logic 6 or Tracktion.. Many arguments either side.. who cares though LOL.

One thing for sure is that tracktion definitely created the mixerless one page environment.. EOS.. fact..

Jules deserves an excellence award or recognition at least for that.
That and a lot more, inline midi editing, re sizable vector based interface, mode less operation - and yes Tracktion did do freeze first, it was released in 2002, the year before Logic 6.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”