Tracktion 5 at NAMM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am interested about this, after the under the hood updates it will be nice to see what new features they added.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/nam ... hed-591179

Not much info... do you think that one will work ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

that's rather exciting news IMO especially to those who truly love tracktion and i don't think the company would promise groundbreaking stuff if it wasn't so.

I bet all the main things missing from other daws will be added and then some. and for $59? Incredible value.

ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

TheoM wrote:that's rather exciting news IMO especially to those who truly love tracktion and i don't think the company would promise groundbreaking stuff if it wasn't so.

I bet all the main things missing from other daws will be added and then some. and for $59? Incredible value.

Good to see you back at KVR , I found myself using Tracktion again , Im not a huge feature set guy and found things like dragable armed inputs and the simple gui has got me hooked again . I had tried several other host after the T3 troubles amd never really got on , the closest thing was StudioOne , which Im finding is still not Tracktion , I hope they continue with the affordable prices and upgrades as well . Anyways welcome back TheoM , this place wasnt the same without you here :phones:

wow thanks that's very kind. I am glad you like tracktion, Logic will always be king for me but Jules and co deserve to do very very well and I am thrilled it is no longer abandoned.

Great news! I am really excited about the v5 update and the new features. Although I am using Reaper now, I will probably go back to Tracktion as it was always my most creative host back in the days. 8)
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

Tracktion invented the one page does all paradigm, so if they nail it features wise (improving the midi a bit wouldn't hurt), stability and cpu usage wise, then it will be a very strong contender. Quite a few people starting music for the first time in their lives bought tracktion as that is what I recommended to them for sheer ease of use. and they were really bummed when mackie killed it off.. some of them don't even know it's officially back yet.. Will be good to see it as a major player again. Competition is healthy for all devs.

TheoM wrote:Tracktion invented the one page does all paradigm
yeah and a lot of other things we take for granted in DAWs now. Looking forwards to this, I really hope they have massively speeded up the AU plugin scan and compatibility and added free routing so you can record audio from plugins. Those are my main needs.

aMUSEd wrote:
TheoM wrote:Tracktion invented the one page does all paradigm
yeah and a lot of other things we take for granted in DAWs now. Looking forwards to this, I really hope they have massively speeded up the AU plugin scan and compatibility and added free routing so you can record audio from plugins. Those are my main needs.
Thats one thing that Im really hoping for , Record audio straight to the track from VST so be it a a softsynth , drum sampler , or even effects . I really like the way Reaper does this .

I really look forward to what's up next with them. I, too, got friends hooked to recording with tracktion. Who were un-hooked by Mackie...

My first DAW was Logic and I'm really happy with Logic X for my own music now.

I also use Cubase every now and then for collaboration with Windows friends, but if tracktion 5 were to radically improve performance and stability on OS X, that would probably replace Cubase in that regard. Those friends need basic MIDI and audio recording in the most convenient and reliable environment possible. I think that tracktion could offer that.

Now about the groundbreaking part... what would really help me and my friends:
- collaboration features (online edit and versioning, etc.)
- Beat creation support (easier / more AI supported than mere step sequencing or live drumming)
- intelligent background rendering /freezing to free resources and to be able to easily transfer projects to other hosts (just always create full-length MIDI and audio files on export)
- Low Latency button like in Logic
- Chord assistance like in Cubase
- Greatly improved time stretch / pitch shift

Now, to get me fully hooked, sorry to say, but I really need the good old Mixer concept. Just make it optional, but I would really need that. The arrows in the channel strip to the right of the track never really worked for me. It's really small stuff which works best in a mixer like the Logic one (inserting, moving, removing plug-ins, metering, switching automation modes).

Now, none of the above so far can really be considered groundbreaking, can it? So what could it be?

Probably some FSU / creative / lucky coincidence effects? No integrated instruments / FX, unless partnered with some mighty genius like Soniccharge, I would think. A fully vector-based GUI? The solution to the 'how to make use of the GPU' question?

Maybe they partnered with Harrison to merge the mixing engine with a working DAW (sorry, I have to think of the starving trolls here)?

What could possibly be ground breaking right now?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

As a passive observer I'm interested to see what changes they've done, if it will be a major change visually or otherwise or more just adding functional things from the FR list.

No matter how you look at it, $59 for a DAW that works can't ever be a bad thing, so there's no real down side there in any case.

Unfortunately Tracktion of old is long gone, and the proof of that is statements like "groundbreaking feature set" and the rest that will appear at the release of 5, back when it was Jules only, rubbish like that was ignored and the app just got updates on a regular basis.

With a bit of luck it will have some nice stuff from Jules hidden behind the rest of the companies hype brigade.
Duh

Such is the world of (marketing around) DAWs.

Ground breaking, game changing, intuitive (as if that's ever a universal determination), etc. etc, etc.

C'mon boys ! Real hipsters use console DAWs :

https://github.com/bolangi/nama
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”