Tracktion 5 at NAMM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote:....
I posted a reply, but then I read some of your old posts and decided it was an exercise in futility, so I've removed the reply.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

aMUSEd wrote: 4) Better project management
What would that look like?

jabe wrote:
I posted a reply, but then I read some of your old posts and decided it was an exercise in futility, so I've removed the reply.
Well i wrote a reply, but then looked at your other posts, realized that you only ever post about Tracktion in the Tracktion forum and nothing anywhere else, so now i wont bother (biased much).
Duh

You can scan individual new plugins by drag and dropping them over to the plugin window in settings. Saves scanning everything every time. I agree that the racks concept needs updating to ease things like sidechaining (which always felt like a kludge workaround to me).
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

I wish I had time to go on forums for software I don't like to repeatedly post why I don't want to use it.

Actually, no I don't.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

What thread are you reading ?
Every person in this thread was either an original user of Tracktion from v1 or is still a user now.
Nobody here dislikes Tracktion, in fact the complete opposite.

The people that have controlled it's destiny for a whole bunch of years, that is a different story, once people get burnt you can expect it to take a while for trust to be rebuilt, and Tracktion 4 was not a step in that direction.
Duh

I disagree with how you're reading this thread. And that's as much as I can be arsed talking about it any more.

The only reason I'm not using Tracktion now is that it stops the main transport when you go to audition a loop, which is a showstopper when I'm composing loop-based ambient/soundscape tracks. And I was told that was by design! LAME!

They fix that and I'll jump right back over again.
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

bungle wrote:
jabe wrote:
Well i wrote a reply, but then looked at your other posts, realized that you only ever post about Tracktion in the Tracktion forum and nothing anywhere else, so now i wont bother (biased much).
I didn't know until a few days ago that Tracktion 5 was being discussed on a forum other than the Tracktion forum.

You attitude to the past year of development on Tracktion seems to be entirely at odds with the attitude of most others who realised that it was going to take Jules and his team some time to remove the messy footprint of Mackie. Most were prepared to wait for this to be done and help with sorting it out. Most were prepared to pay what is, related to upgrades of othe DAWs, a trifling sum.

You said "No, i was referring to the 'other guys' as you put it, the list of things they did wrong as soon as they got Tracktion off Mackie is rather large, and for a lot of us original T users, well it was too much." I have no idea whatsoever what anything on this list might be, nor how many "a lot of us" might be.

But you don't want to hear this, because you are not interested in the opinions of others. Once I noticed that, I removed the contents of my previous reply.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

chico.co.uk wrote:I wish I had time to go on forums for software I don't like to repeatedly post why I don't want to use it.

Actually, no I don't.
I wish I had time to go on forums and criticise people who don't 100% agree with me all the time.
Actually, no I don't :P

Seriously though (and leaving aside this is the general Hosts Forum, and not the Tracktion Forum, in case you missed that) it can be interesting and helpful to hear a range of different opinions in any discussion, including the views of people you may not agree with or like. All it takes is enough decency to give other people a chance, and show a little respect towards them, even when you don't agree. It would be a very dull internet if nobody was allowed to have different opinions ;-)

Hi headquest, great to see ya again. ;)

I actually did miss this wasn't the Tracktion forum, to be honest, googled something like "Tracktion 5 NAMM" and ended up on this thread. So take what I said in that context, I guess. My bad, I suppose

I've no issue with folk disagreeing, you may recall...

There is another " Tracktion 5 at NAMM " thread in the TSC forum , so dont feel bad .

Yeah, I can't even blame that tbh. I googled Tracktion 5 NAMM to see if there was any news, or an announcement, cos I'm not sure when NAMM happens, if it's on yet or not. One of the first links was this thread.

I only really came/come to KVR to read the Tracktion forum, hoping for news/updates, and maybe to help out newbies if I can. I thought someone posted in that forum, and a load of folk I've not seen recently in the Tracktion forum piled in to slate it, getting to 4 pages. Most threads over there these days are shorter

That's where I was coming from with my post, I just missed this is the hosts forum. Obviously everyone's different, and what I like you might hate, and that's fine, and how it should be, and always will be. I just rolled my eyes at people going out of their way to diss a DAW they don't use, on that DAW's dedicated forum-except, of course, they hadn't. Oops. Clang, mea culpa.

I doubt anyone's genuinely bothered, or offended, but if so, sorry, I went off half cocked. Carry on, don't mind me.

bungle wrote: No, i was referring to the 'other guys' as you put it, the list of things they did wrong as soon as they got Tracktion off Mackie is rather large, and for a lot of us original T users, well it was too much.
well, that's a bit vague to be honest. Personally I am an original Tracktion user as well, I originally bought it as a breath of fresh air after using Cubase VST 5 in the early noughties. To be honest, most hosts these days are pretty user friendly unlike then, and Tracktion has kind of been left in the dust due to years of non-development. Tracktion 4 was delivered exactly as I expected, an un-Mackied T3 that runs in 64 bit. As these were my expectations for my 30 bucks, and I am unaware that anything else was expressly promised. I'm not disappointed, even though I haven't used T4 for heavy lifting as of yet.

so presumably the list of the sins of the current crew are so vast and universal as to be an onerous task to write down? maybe you could give me a "top 5" of the horrible things that they have done? I don't mind a disagreement, as long as it's specific.

headquest wrote:
chico.co.uk wrote:I wish I had time to go on forums for software I don't like to repeatedly post why I don't want to use it.

Actually, no I don't.
I wish I had time to go on forums and criticise people who don't 100% agree with me all the time.
Actually, no I don't :P

Seriously though (and leaving aside this is the general Hosts Forum, and not the Tracktion Forum, in case you missed that) it can be interesting and helpful to hear a range of different opinions in any discussion, including the views of people you may not agree with or like. All it takes is enough decency to give other people a chance, and show a little respect towards them, even when you don't agree. It would be a very dull internet if nobody was allowed to have different opinions ;-)
Just re-read this and I'm struggling ... can anyone walk me through getting from what I said to that reply?

Pretty sure I didn't even suggest people ought to share my opinion about anything, or ban anyone sharing theirs ...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”