Sonar X3! Wow!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks deastman,
"That really isn't a testament to the quality of the products, however, as much as the way they sound in this particular context."

This is exactly what I wanted to show. I like all three and I'm glad they sound different :-)

Yesterday I finished watching a tutorial by Eli Krantzberg "Sonar X3 Explained" and it was a good tutorial (although it was missing the Matrix!). It was similar to his tutorials about Logic, but added a nice section about Melodyne (which the studio version has it!). It made me think of purchasing a microphone and start to sing! although, editing a Tarzan voice is not an easy task!

EnGee wrote:Tomorrow has come :-)
comp 1 : Studio Drummer - Garage Kit (Full) with the default mixer

comp 2: Session Drummer - SonicReality - BluesKit program

comp 3: BFD Eco - Artist - CL - Republic Enemy preset
FWIW My taste is #2 as well.

EnGee wrote:Monome seems a very nice device. I saw some videos about it. It is like music from outer space! Cool!

Thanks Mattox. The Matrix plays now an essential role in my workflow and the setup is similar to yours. I don't gig though.

I'm exploring now the various plugins. I really like Session Drummer. The default kits are really nice. I'm trying the step sequencer now which seems wonderful. I like also the Sonitus fx. They are old but sounds really good. I don't know yet how good are the Nomad plugs.

Oh, and the bug with Z3ta2 (cpu spikes when moving the cursor above the performance area, Env) disappeared while using it in Sonar! I really liked also ............

So, in the end the prince could finally find the princess and they lived happily ever after :-D
Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

I'm still enjoying it especially after purchasing the excellent tutorial by SWA from Cakewalk website (although I don't know why the voice of the tutor has a tail in the end! Compression of reverb? I don't know, anyway, still great with 11 hours information :-O)

Now, after all this time, I still find it the best Sonar and I have never had any problem with it. Very stable (except when I use Pentagon! anyway, I don't have a real need for it).

There are many gyms inside that I like. The PSYN II synth is a nice synth with many possibilities in designing the sound (4 osc + many options in modulations) I haven't tried everything with it, but it is good for dirty and harsh sounds judging from the presets. Z3ta+1 still amazing. I'm rediscovering Rapture as well, I think I will spend some time with it because I really like the sound (I just wished it has nice modulation like Z3ta1 or Z3ta2!

Sonar Studio and Live intro have pushed Studio one to the third place in my usage of the DAWs. Actually, I am mostly between Sonar and Live now. I want to invest my time and money on those two DAWs because they do it for me in Midi and composing. I think they complement each other perfectly. Love them the two (one is my dear wife and the other is my beautiful mistress!) Can't get rid from this duality it seems!

I just got X3 myself (not Studio) and I'm very pleased. It's replaced Acid for me now. Sonar recognized plugins that Acid would only recognize once every 10th scan (blech). Works well with my Qunexus too.

Enjoy your Sonar! :)
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Thanks woolyloach, enjoy yours as well :-)

QuNexus looks cool with good quality. It is very capable with these special pressure touches. I liked the QuNeo videos as well, but non of these products are available here :( The price in the US is really good though.

I need one of these new controllers. I'm filled with GAS now! I'm going to check the shops on Monday :hyper:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”