LMMS project @ GitHub (Prev. Sourceforge)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tresf wrote:Seen Zyn lately? :)

Hoping to see this in LMMS master branch soon. :)
Wow, this looks like u-he Bazille now! :D

Well, after more testing I actually got Cosmos-2 working. It seems that for some reason after the newest update, I didn't have the "VST sync" setting selected in the settings menu!
So now they load fine.

However, even though I'm able to load the VSTi's fine, when running LMMS in the terminal I get these error statements: "jack client new deprecated" and "RemotePlugin::DebugMessage: failed getting shared memory"

Are these things serious? If so, how can I resolve them?

Thanks!

brian
Tired of Windows? Linux offers hundreds of good distros. For more info:
DistroWatch
Some good synths for linux: www.linuxsynths.com

The shared memory error, I've noticed on OSX. Don't know. Probably worthy of a bug report because we have specific SHMEM stuff defined in code. If it's broken it should be disabled or if its a known issue, the message should be suppressed I would think.

The jack stuff I'm completely clueless on though. What platform are you running on?

tresf wrote:The shared memory error, I've noticed on OSX. Don't know. Probably worthy of a bug report because we have specific SHMEM stuff defined in code. If it's broken it should be disabled or if its a known issue, the message should be suppressed I would think.

The jack stuff I'm completely clueless on though. What platform are you running on?
Linux. Ubuntu Studio with KXStudio on top.

BTW, I really have to compliment you guys on your work with this DAW. It's really growing into something massive. And the fact that it loads VSTs so smoothly makes it unique! :)

brian
DistroWatch

I also noticed that the VSTs can load native patches in .fxp/.fxb format, but presets are saved in a different format. Is this the only option?

brian
DistroWatch

I'm not sure, but there is an open issue here that might be a good place to start:

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/705

tresf wrote:I'm not sure, but there is an open issue here that might be a good place to start:

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/705
No need! I have to put my foot in my mouth again.. The "save preset" was regarding the channel settings. Amazing. How can one ever understand these things!
Anyway, I see that they do indeed save as .fxp and .fxb files. Truly a wonderful DAW!
Sorry for the confusion!

Always a newbie, as they say....

I'll send an email to the person you indicated, regarding VST compatibility. I've been testing out a few, with good results. So the list will get expanded significantly, I'd say..

brian
DistroWatch

Great news Brian. This stuff is exciting to hear. Thanks for the explanation.

-Tres

I sent Mr. Stian an email (I don't use Facebook..). Hopefully I'll be able to help out with the VST list. :)

brian
DistroWatch

Thanks again. He will be very happy to hear from you.

briandc wrote:I sent Mr. Stian an email (I don't use Facebook..). Hopefully I'll be able to help out with the VST list. :)
brian
Might as well update the growing list here, also.
Just don't expect free T-shirts or mugs. :hihi:

Does KVR maintain a compat list?

There are searchable product and download sections, that facilitate finding companies,
authors, products, and shared soundsets.

It might be time to create an LMMS company forum here, as other multi-platform devs
have done. It's THEEE place to be, especially on weekends and weekdays! 8)
Cheers

OK... @glokraw: Who helps with/approves/answers questions with that?
Last edited by tresf on Thu May 22, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As I'm still waiting for a response from him, I agree it might as well be added here too. Here's a few for starters, that I have working just fine and dandy on Ubuntu Studio (w/KXStudio) using LMMS, that I didn't see on the VST database list:

- GTG JP7A
- GTG NR2010 (and I suspect probably anything else by GTG, but testing will continue..)
- Ansine2
- RMXL
- Synth1 (already listed in the database)
- Cosmos2
- Casiopea
- SQ8L
- Aqua
- The Blooo
- The Scrooo

More results to come..!

brian
DistroWatch

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”