LMMS project @ GitHub (Prev. Sourceforge)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briandc wrote:
Great, thanks! With millions of sound combinations on synths like this one, I don't mind if they call me "lazy." :D

brian
Have you tried the "Presets" section? There are quite a few fantastic usage examples and you can just click on them and they'll preview.

-Tres

tresf wrote:
briandc wrote:
Great, thanks! With millions of sound combinations on synths like this one, I don't mind if they call me "lazy." :D

brian
Have you tried the "Presets" section? There are quite a few fantastic usage examples and you can just click on them and they'll preview.

-Tres
Yes, I even made a few demos of them on my website:
http://www.amsynth.com/TripleOscillator ... Demos.html

Some of them are very nice indeed! I hope to add some more of my own soon.. :)

brian
Tired of Windows? Linux offers hundreds of good distros. For more info:
DistroWatch
Some good synths for linux: www.linuxsynths.com

What a fantastic website that is! Thank you for sharing!

-Tres

briandc wrote: Yes, I even made a few demos of them on my website:
http://www.amsynth.com/TripleOscillator ... Demos.html
Your 'few' limit has been exceded. You must now rename your website
to better indicate the actual numbers, and depth of content.

Thanks guys.. :) It's just a hobby-thing, but I'm happy to add linux-based synths when I find them. Triple Oscillator was kind of an "unexpected" one when I saw it, since most DAWs I see don't have their own synths. The presets were nice to hear and I got excited to use it a bit right away. (except for the small gui...)

Let me know if/when something should be changed/added to the description page and I'll try to update it immediately. (I like to keep the info up-to-date when I can..)

brian
DistroWatch

I can't find where i post feature requests so i shall post them here again =D (this place was looking dead anyway XD )

This effect proposal could get complex... just know that everything you need in it is already in lmms... just not set up right and lacking a few SIMPLE features. If it sounds over complicated and unnecessary... IT'S NOT! Trust me as a sound designer... this WILL help this program a LOT

ok remember the filter and envelope section in the channel/plugin settings window?
take that and make it it's own effect. preferably with multiple voices (filters running in unison rather than in series) have it open in it's own window (like vst and other fx do)
the entire window would be about the same size as the fx channel settings window but with the spectrum analyser always off to the right

in this window you see a tabs section just like the ones in channel settings with the following {Preamp, Filter1, Filter2, Filter3, Filter4, Phaser, Delay1, Delay2 Compressor, EQ} perhaps we could make the order of everything that's not a filter re arrangeable for more diverse effects. Under the filter tabs you would see exactly the same thing as in the plugin/channel settings window, just taking these filters, env sculptors (for cutoff and resonance), and lfo's and making 4 of them run in unison (or series... which ever will give me amazing multi filter sweeps) Just like the fx chain these fx/filters would be enable/disable-able. Each effect would follow it's own envelope and each envelope would have a loop function with tempo synced loop speed.
Please get creative with this multi tool... add other things like reverb and chorus flanger (note... please add "Barry's satan maximizer" somewhere in there.... please)

Let me know if you want a concept picture/diagram ish thing.... idk if you guys know just how INCREDIBLY POWERFUL AND USEFUL an effect like this would be... trust me, this would change up the sound of ANY instrument you attach it to with multiple filter's sweeping from high to low at the same time... if you want an example of what i'm talking about.. check out Kairatune. that is an amazing synth because it has a plugin much like the one i described built into it... the synth itself is very simple and not that powerful but because of those sound sculpting effects all running in one easy to use and keep track of interface... you can make some amazing sounds with this.. just imagine hooking that effect up to the 3xosc or opulanze or any other vst synth.... holly mother of god PLEASE MAKE THIS!!!..... do me a favor... submit a feature request for me or show me how to do it myself please =)

Thanks! =D

(Additional note... add the wave shaper and dynamics processor in there too please =D )

Wow! My favourite Linux DAW get almost everything I thought it's lacking! When can we expect this version in the ubuntu repositories? Or KXStudio repos? Or Whatever - just something pre-compiled...
I almost forgot, but still (back me up here, guys) - MIDI export will be cool and it's Much Needed Function!
Also - if the imported wav files could play from any bar, not only the first - that would be great!
Hooray for the new LMMS! :clap:
BTW - the logo finally looks like what a pro-audio editing software's logo should look.
http://www.plamen-tsvetanov.org (my personal webpage)
http://www.youtube.com/user/plamentsvetanov (my youtube channel - you can watch me play the piano, or just listen to some of my songs)

phoenixofstorm wrote:Wow! My favourite Linux DAW get almost everything I thought it's lacking! When can we expect this version in the ubuntu repositories? Or KXStudio repos? Or Whatever - just something pre-compiled...
I almost forgot, but still (back me up here, guys) - MIDI export will be cool and it's Much Needed Function!
Also - if the imported wav files could play from any bar, not only the first - that would be great!
Hooray for the new LMMS! :clap:
BTW - the logo finally looks like what a pro-audio editing software's logo should look.
What distro are you using?

We need testers for Ubuntu builds, but for LTS reasons they are (unfortunately) being built against 14.04.

We do have a 12.04 build however it currently segfaults when it's closed.

We expect official Ubuntu builds ready in weeks (rather than months) and when they're available, we'll post the PPA url in our downloads section!

In terms of the features you requested, I completely agree... both are a MUST. :)

If you can't find them in the GitHub issues section, please file it so that we can prioritize it for the post 1.0.0 milestones! :)

-Tres

So I've been working on a native port of LMMS to Apple OSX Mavericks. It has some bugs, but it is mostly useable. Testers/feedback welcome! :)

(unofficial mirror until we work these quirks out)
http://qzindustries.com/files/lmms_1.0.0.dmg
  • ZynAddSubFX works but the GUI crashes, so you can't adjust presets at this time.
  • Some plugins and instruments were removed temporarily due to outdated code, since Apple is much more strict than Linux in terms of compiling.

That's quite an achievement. Is ios also on the target list?
A speedy lightweight daw on an ipad/phone should be welcome
out in the flatlands, on commuter trains. Write a song going to work,
master it on the way home. Need more time?
Just move farther away from work :wink:

glokraw wrote:That's quite an achievement. Is ios also on the target list?
A speedy lightweight daw on an ipad/phone should be welcome
out in the flatlands, on commuter trains. Write a song going to work,
master it on the way home. Need more time?
Just move farther away from work :wink:
Not currently for many reasons, but the main reason being the interface is is mouse-centric and would need an entire new GUI written, most of which is hard-coded positioning and sizes today.

This might change over the years, but the project code is quite large, so overhauling the GUI would require resources that we don't have. :)

-Tres

How's undo? A year ago or so I tried LMMS and lack of undo put me off.

urlwolf wrote:How's undo?
It's coming along.
urlwolf wrote:A year ago or so I tried LMMS and lack of undo put me off.
Agreed. It's our #1 biggest complaint we receive. We turned auto-save back on for now, but it doesn't cut it.

Here's some evidence that its under development. It didn't make it in time for 1.0.0, so we're hoping for the next release.

In addition, we have two new native synthesizers, Watsyn and Monstro:

(pardon the knob artifacts, those were caused by a misconfiguration on my end, not code)

Hi again tresf,
I'd love to test out these two additional synths! At the moment, the LMMS update is being held back when I do package updates. Would it be recommended to not force the updates or is it ok to bypass and get the new version?

brian
DistroWatch

At this time the recommended way to try these synths is to build from source until a release candidate is ready.

We have some pretty good instructions for building this located there. Note you want to do a "clone -b master" with git.

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki/Acces ... repository

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki/Compiling-lmms

This should get you those synths in about 20 minutes, plus the standard download and compile time.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”