Bitwig price, release date announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jacqueslacouth wrote:--by all accounts from the Beta testers it may well be a fine DAW, but if you already have a very well specified DAW that does the job AND you are used to it's workflow (Iwould assume that is most of us here) AND you have a slew of VSTi that cover pretty much every base…..Then what IS this urge to buy the NKOTB as though your life has been incomplete without it all about….
I think most of us are looking for better, easier and more fun way to make music and Bitwig seem like offering that. There can be a huge difference between two DAWs "that does the job", and maybe you are used to a certain workflow but the other DAW is just faster and easier.
Looking forward for the release date.. I think Sonar is going to be a secondary DAW for me after March 26. :D

Bit more on launching clips in Arrange View. The Launcher and Timeline are both side by side, arranged the same way, and both are scrollable. So let's say you are playing your song and want to try a variation to an instrument. You can simply copy a bit back into the launcher, change it (or start from a blank clip), and launch the clip instead of what's in the Arrangement Timeline. Then to go back to the original you just hit the BTA button, which is immediately in between your clip and it's counterpart on the timeline. Of course the clip has launch quantize but the arrangement does not, for obvious reasons.
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

pdxindy wrote:
TheoM wrote:I'm certain that bitwig will stick to their release date this time, honestly my gut feel, but considering the product is a bit behind others I thing its a tad expensive. I would have thought 199 euro, 299 usd, street 249 was the right price. Just an opinion after following the info since the product was first announced. Personally I am not sure I understand why a couple in this topic think bitwig is a game changer.l I just don't see it.. It's another nice host.
If you want the session view functions in a DAW, then Live has been fairly much it.

Bitwig is immediately interesting for Live users because it offers a viable option when there have not really been any.

And then it adds a lot of interesting new capabilities that Live does not have.

For me, whether it is worth the price will entirely depend on workflow. The features of Bitwig are fine and if Bitwig really hits it as far as workflow and stability, then I will likely purchase.
And I do hope you enjoy it muchly :)

Has there been any official announcement on what the drum sampler, sampler and step sequencer will be like? The press release mention they will include these in bitwig, but I see little details elsewhere. These are the things I am interested in...
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

kev2525 wrote:Has there been any official announcement on what the drum sampler, sampler and step sequencer will be like? The press release mention they will include these in bitwig, but I see little details elsewhere. These are the things I am interested in...
+1 :tu:

I think it does look like a nice option for people that want the best of both types of sequencers... But if you have money tied up in any of the other options, I think it's a bit of a leap to fork out that much money just for testing/switching. I'm glad I didn't pay for the Logic X update though. :?:

kev2525 wrote:Has there been any official announcement on what the drum sampler, sampler and step sequencer will be like? The press release mention they will include these in bitwig, but I see little details elsewhere. These are the things I am interested in...
Well the normal sampler, called Sampler, is like Ableton's Sampler, not sure about the other two. Bitwig's Sampler looks like Ableton's Simpler when you load it up, but you can drag in multiple samples, and assigning the keyzones seems to be more or less automatic. I dragged in a few and they all went to the right places I think, and I dragged one and they all dragged to cover the gaps. It sounded right anyway. Not looked into it in much depth yet (I've only had it a few days). I'm glad there's no Simpler, just one proper sampler for everyone. Sod that sampling class system.
Old websites:

kennyda wrote: Well the normal sampler, called Sampler, is like Ableton's Sampler, not sure about the other two. Bitwig's Sampler looks like Ableton's Simpler when you load it up, but you can drag in multiple samples, and assigning the keyzones seems to be more or less automatic. I dragged in a few and they all went to the right places I think, and I dragged one and they all dragged to cover the gaps. It sounded right anyway. Not looked into it in much depth yet (I've only had it a few days). I'm glad there's no Simpler, just one proper sampler for everyone. Sod that sampling class system.
You have to buy Live Suite to get the sampler. So if bitwig has included a decent multiout sampler then that could be huge benefit to some. Most DAWS don't include a decent sampler. If the bitiwig one is halfway decent I may be tempted. Ableton includes drum racks, but I wonder how bitwigs will stack up. this is another big mystery and will tempt a lot of electronic musicians if it's better.

The step sequencer is another thing that i'd like to see. Currently the only DAW i know with a decent'ish step sequencer is Sonar. Perhaps there are others that i don't know about? I think cubase had one too.... anyways, a decent step sequencer with host integration would be a definite plus.

A lot of the things bitwig has are not exactly new. Ableton, fruity and sonar all have some sort of hybrid work scheme to work between arrange and a clip view. The interesting thing will be to see how bitwig has pulled all the best features of other DAWs together. There is no perfect DAW, but for electronic music bitwig is certainly on the right track and has my attention.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

kev2525 wrote:
kennyda wrote:The step sequencer is another thing that i'd like to see. Currently the only DAW i know with a decent'ish step sequencer is Sonar.
Are you sure Bitwig includes a step sequencer?

anyone want to buy a live 8 license then? xD

kev2525 wrote: You have to buy Live Suite to get the sampler. So if bitwig has included a decent multiout sampler then that could be huge benefit to some. Most DAWS don't include a decent sampler. If the bitiwig one is halfway decent I may be tempted. Ableton includes drum racks, but I wonder how bitwigs will stack up. this is another big mystery and will tempt a lot of electronic musicians if it's better.
The Sampler looks ok to me. I've not used it much yet, but as I say I got a multisample into it and working very easily.

I never really used Live's drum racks much, so I can't comment at the moment in depth on how similar Bitwig's is, but it certainly looks very similar on the surface. Generally Bitwig seems to give you more stuff, so I doubt the drum rack would be a big letdown.
Old websites:

About the Bitwig drum racks, from what I've seen it appears that they are quite similar, except that there are only sends per drum to the main project returns, there are no return tracks for send effects within the drum rack itself. That's kinda too bad but not the end of the world. And I also don't think there are nested drum racks.

Let's see how everyone feels on April 26th.

oh, did they already change the date? :hihi:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:About the Bitwig drum racks, from what I've seen it appears that they are quite similar, except that there are only sends per drum to the main project returns, there are no return tracks for send effects within the drum rack itself. That's kinda too bad but not the end of the world. And I also don't think there are nested drum racks.

Live's drum racks are exceptional...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”