Bitwig price, release date announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i am disappointed to see it coming. bitwig thread with cats was one of my favourite at kvr. now it appears that it comes to an end...

actually pricing looks fair. if they will come up with a sort of intro or cross grade from any daw campaign they may actually make it. best of luck bitwig and such a shame it's not vaporware anymore...

Upgrade to Live Suite is $239... Hello???!!! :x
$400 for a "built from the ground up system" (like S1) is perfect.
But I heard somewhere that for dogs owners is going to be much less :hihi:
Last edited by Biscotto on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Double post
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

I don't think you can compare Bitwig studio the suite edition of live, if has more similarities with the Standard edition which costs about the same (less if you upgrade from the many free offers with hardware or the many sales!)

Max still sets live suite apart, and the (AAS) derived instruments - the sample, pack and racks content is now also very good, many included 3rd party packs like Orchestral instrument collection....but I guess we will have to wait and see what the Bitwig goodie bag contains...

Personally I'm interested to try Bitwig, but as a suite 9 and push user I'm quite happy and would miss the Max integration too much to switch.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So much for an all in one bitwig thread? :hihi:

Kind of a dick move on the pricing. There's a 30 EUR discount from boxed to download, but it's $400 either way for USD :neutral:

Jerks :)

Guess I'll have to see how it looks before I pass too much judgement. With Live 9 Suite and Push I'm pretty much married to Ableton until/unless PXT-General or someone integrates Push into Bitwig well. But they don't support AU on Mac (and only might consider it), and they eschew ReWire in favor of JACK. Really don't want still more stuff installed on my computer, and my favorite plugin for percussives, DrumSpillage, is AU-only.

Still, at least it's finally being released :)
Last edited by KrisM on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meh.

bronxsound wrote: if they will come up with a sort of intro or cross grade from any daw campaign they may actually make it.
I keep hearing the idea of cross-grades from other daws to Bitwig thrown around, and not that I'm against it, but who does that?

Pro Audio cross-grades seem to only work with products within one company or between 2 companies that have an agreement.

Is there a daw in recent history that let you cross-grade from a competing daw? :?:

The Mantra wrote:Is there a daw in recent history that let you cross-grade from a competing daw? :?:
Digital Performer has crossgrades for $100 off iirc.
Meh.

at one point studio one also had a crossgrade offer running from any other major daw. Cubase also had one from protools

How do you prove you have the software your cross grading from?

KrisM wrote:
The Mantra wrote:Is there a daw in recent history that let you cross-grade from a competing daw? :?:
Digital Performer has crossgrades for $100 off iirc.

Presonus Studio One 1 & 2 has a crossgrade as well .

The Mantra wrote:
bronxsound wrote: if they will come up with a sort of intro or cross grade from any daw campaign they may actually make it.
I keep hearing the idea of cross-grades from other daws to Bitwig thrown around, and not that I'm against it, but who does that?

Pro Audio cross-grades seem to only work with products within one company or between 2 companies that have an agreement.

Is there a daw in recent history that let you cross-grade from a competing daw? :?:
Cakewalk Sonar had a cross-grade from competing DAWs a few years ago, that's how I wound up with it. I think it was $50 or so, I could be wrong. I think you just had to email your receipt to prove you owned it.

It's a fair sales tactic, to try and win customers from other companies with an incentive.

I would have been interested in Bitwig if it was about half the price, but when I do finally give up on Sonar I don't plan on shelling out a ton of cash to do so.

robojam wrote:Wake me up when something actually happens. :zzz:
+1

I do find it odd that they're showing pretty much nothing so close to an apparent release date.

I wouldn't touch this for at least a year after launch unless reports are spectacularly good in the first few months.

aMUSEd wrote:Does it have automation curves yet?
Didn't one of the screenshots show per-note automation curves? I would imagine that if this were the case, then I would hope track-related automation would be a given.

But then again, I love the cat-house picture on page 1 of this thread.

The price point automatically excludes me. When I perform music live, there's something with strings in my hands or keys under my fingers. I totally dig what people do with Live, but it's not for me. $400 equals a new guitar or amp simulator/multiFX, Leslie simulator, etc.

Best wishes Bitwig, you provided a great deal of entertainment here on these forums for the hopefuls, the speculators and cat-pix posters alike. I should throw some money your way just for the seasons of debate that were at times fun to read. I think the picture of that cat in the cat-house should go on any boxed version you might sell. Priceless.

price is set right.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”