Bitwig price, release date announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guenon wrote:Ok, thanks! Good to know it's at the top of the list.
It's also kind of nice to note that that indicates they plan on adding adding significant stuff before 2.0, so maybe there are some other goodies that we will get before 2.

hopefully the initial release is good enough to create a good amount of sells, in order to hire new developers etc..

I dunno if they even need them really. Yeah it seems it has taken a long time to get out but if you if they have been working on this for four years then they really have been going a great pace, just look at what ableton has accomplished in 4 years.

yea, considering the linux adaption as well..

we`ll see how it turns out etc..working in Berlin for Ableton is pretty nice i heard..good place to work, company wise..

I think Bitwig could grow pretty fast..but have no idea how many people are involved in actual development or how big the development team is over at Ableton..

I hope Bitwig doesn't grow fast...

pdxindy wrote:I hope Bitwig doesn't grow fast...
Fatwig?
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Bytewig :wink:

werp wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I hope Bitwig doesn't grow fast...
Fatwig?
Exactly... ;-)

The truth is BW is missing many features that I cant live without:

Visual EQ (I use my ears, but I am used to get some visual feedback)
MultiOut VST
Grouping tracks
thats what I remember just now, and I am sure the list goes on..

But like one said in here sure it has alot of exclusive features but it is also missing some vital features like the ones above. Which I use daily.

The best thing that will come out of this, is COMPETITION. Ableton has almost been alone in this type of DAWS - the competition will bring some good things I am sure of.

I will try the demo when it comes out, but will wait for BW 2.0, as of right now I Love everything in Live and it suits my workflow, and since I have updated to 9.1 and 9.1.1 its getting rock solid...

audiohouse wrote:The truth is BW is missing many features that I cant live without:

MultiOut VST
Grouping tracks
What? EQ-5 looks like a visual eq.

loungepanda wrote:
audiohouse wrote:The truth is BW is missing many features that I cant live without:

MultiOut VST
Grouping tracks
BW EQ's dont have any visual feedback! Please see the interview with Claes on NAMM 2013.

This may be a minor complaint as it isnt entirely a deal breaker as you can use 3rd party plugins like Fabfilter EQ and many other EQ plugins...

audiohouse wrote:BW EQ's dont have any visual feedback! Please see the interview with Claes on NAMM 2013.

This may be a minor complaint as it isnt entirely a deal breaker as you can use 3rd party plugins like Fabfilter EQ and many other EQ plugins...
Disappointing. Seems weird that they wouldn't include such a basic 'feature'. But then again, it IS only version 1.0, soo..

I'm sure they will implement 'soon'.

loungepanda wrote:

MultiOut VST
Grouping tracks
He's talking about showing a realtime spectrum. Personally that doesn't bother me at all, I like having as little visual feedback as possible so you don't get caught up using your eyes over your ears. In fact I was just thinking about making an eq with just knobs when the modular system comes out.

No MultiOut VST ??? :? :?

this is very bad ( for mixing separate channels from drum machines, samplers and the likes )

Does it support sending audio to VST instruments ( vocoders and synth that can use audio input as a modulation source for thei synthesis chain, etc. '

Does it support sending MIDI to VST effects ( for midi triggeres gates and the likes ? )

It seesm a very good DAW but some routing features are really essential for creative production. Routinf flexibility is crucial.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”