Bitwig price, release date announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SODDI wrote:Let's see how everyone feels on April 26th.
haha!

You have to buy Live suite to get sampler, but "simpler" comes with standard live. Sampler is simpler with extra features, one of which is lfos. Bitwig's sampler comes with 3 lfos and does multisamples. Simpler does multisamples too though.

Edit. Oh you said "multiout" I dunno about that. In what way do you mean multiout, like loading different libraries like kontakt?

There is also the drum machine in bitwig just like lives drum racks. It's basically the same setup.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For anybody curious about bitwig studio, you can go to the bitwig all in one thread, sort by poster, and go through all of Thomas Helzle's posts. 99% percent of the actual info in that thread is from him. He answered pretty much every question that we could come up with and provided screen shots as well. So you can avoid the cats and just get the good stuff. There are shots of the sampler sampler loading screen and the step mod.

As for a step sequencer it does have this "step mod" device which is like a stepped lfo that you can route to any parameter of any device you want. It's got a fader each for each step and a configurable amount of steps.

That may not be what you were thinking of; if not I dunno what you want because I would always just use the midi editor for imputing patterns.

firepile wrote:
kev2525 wrote:
kennyda wrote:The step sequencer is another thing that i'd like to see. Currently the only DAW i know with a decent'ish step sequencer is Sonar.
Are you sure Bitwig includes a step sequencer?
From the press release yesterday...

Over 50 included devices, including conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ,
Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs and step sequencers for modulating any other device).
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

^yeah, that sounds like step mod that they are talking about. Here's a shot that thomas posted in the other thread:

You put a device into it's nested effects box at the bottom right there, and then you can control any parameter of the nested device.

maybe bitwig should team up with bluecat audio :D

So, let me get this straight... There will be no support for multiple outputs of VST plugins in Bitwig 1.0? Meaning, one can't output multiple stereo output signals into the Bitwig mixer from one Kontakt instance, for example? At least reading posts from a while ago seems to confirm this. Is this still the case, or has the feature been added recently?

If it indeed isn't supported at the moment, does anyone (of the testers around here?) know the status of multiout VST routing in the upcoming 1.x updates? Is it, like, definitely planned and upcoming, or is it a "maybe at some point" thing?

This alone will be enough to put the whole Bitwig thing on hold for me, dang :? ... Can't justify getting it if this is the case, as my main incentive for jumping to Bitwig would be "a Live-like environment but with more robust editing and workflow", but alas, the projects that I find painful in Live (because of lacking editing features) are exactly the ones with heavy use of multiout instruments. I've been using Studio One for about a year in those cases, but sometimes I miss the creative potential of Live's routing/racks/etc.

Kind of defeats the purpose, for me, if multiout stuff can't be used at all.

From the other bitwig thread:
dom@bitwig wrote:
Redukt wrote:Hi Dom, nice hearing from you again.

Good news about MIDI routing making progress - what about multiple audio outs of VSTs, anything planned for 1.0?
Nope, not for the initial release... but to me this is one of the most important things that are missing in the 1.0, so I doubt we will not implement it before 2.0.

Cheers,
Dom

Ok, thanks! Good to know it's at the top of the list.

I would like to know if there is something like this "step sequencer" inside Bitwig?

FL Studio Step-sequencer.

Not a tester here as you may know, but I'm 99% sure there isn't. Although if you are talking about the just the sequencing aspect I never understood why the midi editor isn't sufficient. If you are talking about having your sample loading slots and your vol/pan right there next to the sequence I agree that would be cool if they could figure it out somehow, but I don't see how it fits thier paradigm really. I really don't like FL for a lot of stuff but coming up with drum bits is about as easy as I ever experienced, since you don't have to switch between windows, so picking your samples, mixing, and making your sequence aren't separate things.

lfm wrote:This DAW will change everything - :D
Great! I have trouble changing my socks.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

ok, here we go, repeating the whole *All In* thread from page 60 :hihi:

follow Ogopogos advice guys and check Thomas his posts in the big Bitwig thread..

This just in!

there will never be an is-all end of all other daw's DAW!

:D

werp wrote:
lfm wrote:This DAW will change everything - :D
Great! I have trouble changing my socks.
Werp - you still trying to put that right sock on your left foot? :dog:

How many times we have to show you?

:hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”