48%
Studio One 2 (artist)
23%
Fish
24%

Total votes: 101

RELATED
PRODUCTS

My frustration with my outdated version of Samplitute has no end. Abelton live doesn't work with my workflow. (and I only have the lite version)

I'm tired and or frustrated enough with all my older daw's not to look back. I'm on a budget. Not free but reasonably priced (under 130USD)
lean yet effective environment.

So far I've narrowed it down to.
-Reaper
-Studio One2
-Mixcraft

Nothing in the Mixcraft Pro realm shouts out that it's worth the upgrade price. The freeware plugins I already have as well as some of the payware. izotope ozone is really nice but I've always enjoyed samplitute multi-max more.

Sell me on what you are using from the above list
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Get Studio One 2. Take my word: You won't regret it.

You're either going to have to jump to producer for S1 or go w/o vst. It's "In the box" only for artist.

Better download the trials. Others can point out things for you to consider but its a pretty personal choice in the end.

Depends what kind of music you want to make...

If you mainly make guitar music, Mixcraft 6 is a great DAW -- if you have a lot of hardware synths & controllers as well as samples (and you don't need VST support), Studio One Artist might be the solution (because of the easy setup process). If you're a freak who want to experiment with electronic music and tons of VSTs and routing, REAPER should be your choice.

BTW, did you think about MuLab and FL Studio? Could be solutions, too...

I'd look at Sonar X3, basic edition ($105).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Ogopogo wrote:Better download the trials. Others can point out things for you to consider but its a pretty personal choice in the end.
This.....first and foremost.

It's the only way to tell if a DAW is the right one for you.

Happy Musiking!
dsan

4lbkitty has Studio One Pro for sale at $130
please get it before I succumb to the temptation
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5622952

Also the Producer not the Professional or Artist version of StudioOne can be had for cheap $99 or cheaper on sale .....Also Traction 5 is coming out in a couple if days and then there is Reaper ...

bluedad wrote:4lbkitty has Studio One Pro for sale at $130
please get it before I succumb to the temptation
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5622952
^^ This is a great price! Get it! This is the best out there!

I got mine (S1 Producer) for $100 on sale and I consider it a bargain. Don't go for Atrist if you want to use 3d party plugins!

Sonar X3 Studio has cost me $130 which is a great price ( I got Sonar X3 Basic for $29 using holiday coupon which I don't know if it's still there, then upgrade to Studio for $99)

If you are a Cakewalk registered user (with any product) you can have Sonar X3 Studio for $150.

Otherwise Reaper is still an excellent choice for $60.

No fl, mu labs a Real Daw for a real musician/engineer

No Cakewalk. Been there, done that, aint going back. I've had that stuff dating back to '94 for win3.1. Home Studio, Pro tracks, Sonar. Spare me the "It's come a long way baby" story

I don't want to fight between better audio input or better midi support. I have and use both. I want a daw that respects that. Not a half daw that is only good for one but not the other.

Re testing.
I've had a trial of reaper but I didn't put it through the paces I should/could have. I don't want another trial. There are a lot of reaper users here that can offer (I hope) a reasonable, rational, well thought out review of the product. Same with the other products....Case in point hibidy has provided me with information I may have not properly investigated regarding Studio One2 Thanks hibidy sincerely.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I own five (legal) high end DAWs - I still love and use Mixcraft 6.x for most things. jBridge works well with it for those times when you need to load large sample libraries (ie. Kontakt). Fast, easy to use, and a pleasant workflow. So far S1 Pro is my next favorite, but Samplitude Pro X is picking up a lot of steam on my preference scale.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

tapper mike wrote:Case in point hibidy has provided me with information I may have not properly investigated regarding Studio One2 Thanks hibidy sincerely.
You're welcome, but S1 professional can prolly be had in the marketplace pretty reasonably (as bluedad pointed out) so, don't let that deter you.

In fact, I use studio one pro every day and I find it stable, useable, fun, and a spiffy forum for if you have questions (not to mention searching isn't super bad and you can usually find it yourself.......not the same with other forums). I'd check it out, you just can't use the artist version for vsts.

@reaper demo: It never truly expires. Feel free to check it out again.

I love Reaper for its simplicity and it's efficiency.
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”