48%
Studio One 2 (artist)
23%
Fish
24%

Total votes: 101

RELATED
PRODUCTS

tapper mike wrote:I looked at the midi monitor. No response. Even though the little midi indicator lights up when I play via my midi device.

Not routing.

My usb to midi cable works just fine for all my other daws and hosts. (no I don't have any of them open separately when testing in S1)
When I demoed S1 2 years ago - I had that kind of problem with a M_Audio midi to usb device.

It even screwed up midi device so bad that I had to reboot computer to use in another daw after trying in S1. But always worked in other daws after boot.

But the built in midi in RME interface worked in S1 and other daws.

So I paused S1 purchase until last fall and a campaign. But run a EMU Xmidi 2x2 now - and had no problems.

If M-Audio anything - try see if driver updates are available.

Presonus overdid something regarding midi, it seems.

turtle beach 1x1 it's as generic as they come.

I've thown in the towel with S1, I'm sure it's a fine product for others.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

tapper mike wrote:turtle beach 1x1 it's as generic as they come.

I've thown in the towel with S1, I'm sure it's a fine product for others.
I understand, I did too for some years.
But in my view Presonus have been in forefront with many things, VST3 support, Melodyne ARA and they bought Notion notation software last fall which we expect in S1 v3.0 hopefully this year.

None of these things are in Reaper - nothing much is happening at Cockos.

If you can take it - feed back to Presonus support what you experienced.
Maybe they have a suggestion for you while continue testing other stuff.

I've thown in the towel with S1,
Sounds like a good idea. I think once you reach your practical "frustration limit" with setting up something it's sometimes better to just move on, at least temporarily, especially if you've followed the steps for setting all that up exactly as laid out in the manual and it still doesn't work.

I've seen that happen once before with one specific midi hardware device that just (apparently) wouldn't work at all with S1 for some odd reason.

Mixcraft is a fine product imo. I say go for it. :tu:

P.S. With no cat jokes involved, being serious, maybe you should just wait for Bitwig Studio?

Thanks, I had a feeling that Studio One would be the winner. As well thanks for your contribution to this thread.

Mixcraft isn't the perfect daw by a longshot. It's missing some features that I think should be standard in daws by now, Specifically tempo mapping. I pulled in a song in .wav format with not one but several tempo changes. It was impossible to like up so adding other things like drum loops or even adding live midi tracks like audio line in performances or midi line in for things like adding a bassline was... well problemmatic to say the least.

Nonetheless I've purchased Mixcraft Pro via Sweetwater and the boxed set should be arriving on Monday. Yes Melodyne and 64bit and many other features in Studio One make it a wonderful product.

Re M-Audio external usb card. Me too with other products. I don't run my M-audio external soundcard on this computer, I have it on a laptop that mostly collects dust Re Emu Xmidi. I had a 1x1 and it gave me nothing but problems. My Starr Labs Babyz has a usb out which works fine with everything it also has conventional midi in/out whch also works fine with everything. My main midi controller is an older starr labs Z6 which is significantly older (y2k) and simply has conventional midi in/out on it (as well as expression and sustain pedals.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

tapper mike wrote:Mixcraft isn't the perfect daw by a longshot. It's missing some features ...
They all are. I wouldn't give it a second thought if you like using it.

Honestly ... if nobody ever used workstations with subjectively missing features nobody would ever use anything but Cubase, Logic, PT and DP and would never use any 1.0 version of anything.

Music production is only a "contest" in one place, on the retail shelf. :hihi: He (or she) who sells the most wins.

Kraznet wrote:
totally agree on installing sws for reaper even just for the snapshots(similar to samps).
Can you elaborate on how snapshots work in Reaper?
Thanks
Kraznet
Hey kraznet,
It works the same way as samps mixer snapshots plus each track can have its own set of snapshots. On the upside it can store a track's automation, pretty simple, click on a track and its snapshots appear on the snapshot window. The 2 downsides compared to samp are that it doesn't do item snapshots and saving the tracks sends is a bit buggy.
Afaik

Is Mixcraft 64 bit? I can't find any mention of this on their site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Studio One Version 2 Producer or Pro - try the demo first and wait for producer to go on sale. The best I've found in 14 years. Give the new Tracktion 5 a spin when it comes out any day... very cool. :D
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

lingyai wrote:Is Mixcraft 64 bit? I can't find any mention of this on their site.
No, not in version 6. Version 7, due out at the end of 2014 or so will have a 64 bit version.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”