Studio one

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LawrenceF wrote:In fairness to the net gods, it's not even the Internet that causes the train wrecks. It's just that it allows so many large groups of people who would always have very different strong opinions about anything, to come together and endlessly debate them in almost real time. :hihi:

If you grabbed 10 people from every major city in America, put them in a room with a list of 10 simple questions related to almost anything in general, and said "discuss", you'd probably get about the same percentage of train wrecks, :lol:

Especially if they couldn't actually see each other while they were discussing it. :)

But yeah, it's been unusually calm around here recently. Steinberg will announce something new and change all that. :hihi:
Oh please god, not anymore cubase or logic threads! :lol: I'd like to see more random vague ableton/studio one threads because even if I think I know what I'm doing with them, I always learn something, somewhere from these threads.

Robmobius wrote:What features is it lacking?
A MIDI Clock that actually works for starters!

Andywanders wrote:
Works for me.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

ezelkow1 wrote:I never understand the call for 'major' version updates to any product. Give me constant minor revisions that also keep adding features, that way its free to me :) (why people want to just throw money at a company is beyond me)

Presonus has already shown they have no issue providing fairly significant updates in point releases
This^^^^
tapper mike wrote:The bitwig thing was a for instance if situation.
This is an over abused topic that will hopefully be addressed with it's release(not) :D

Studio One is about the only platform( besides FL) that wont charge for bug fixes and .5 releases and that is my opinion and most likely others familiar with it as it stands today.

Careful now, they are charging separate for some things. Just sayin'

Robmobius wrote:
Andywanders wrote:
Works for me.
I'm happy for you, but I can assure you it is definitely broken. It's been reported to Presonus, and on the Presonus forum a few times so they definitely know about it, but it seems like they're just not interested in fixing it.

Don't believe me? Try slaving a hardware sequencer to Studio One's transport. The hardware won't start when Studio One starts (though sometimes it does). It starts when Studio One stops. Studio One doesn't send correct Song Position to the hardware. etc... etc... It's just a f**king mess.

If you don't have a hardware sequencer, check out the MIDI Monitor to see the mess of broken clock data Studio One chucks out.

IT'S BROKEN!

tapper mike wrote:The bitwig thing was a for instance if situation...
Yes, but my point was none of those situations actually apply to bitwig, though you stated that a couple of them did.

Welcome. There is also a Tracktion forum here at KVR: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22
dsan@mail.com wrote:
requena74 wrote:im sorry this is my first time in here and i dont know if im in the right topic my question is about tracktion 4 i did everything to set up my pc but i cant record directly from my x32 behringer what can i do
Hi requena74 and welcome to the forum. :tu:

You may want to consider searching the "Hosts and Applications" forum (this one) for a topic about Tracktion and post inside one of those threads.

Posting inside a thread of a differnet topic probably will not net you a response.

If you cannot find a topic that relates to your question you may want to consider starting a new thread then.

HTH :wink:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Regards, Mike

hibidy wrote:Careful now, they are charging separate for some things. Just sayin'
Okay,so charging for extra amp presets and added extras to enhance the feature set that is existing are either bug fixes or are vital to all User's? :shrug:

Not to mention the full extensions added during this release cycle that were given free of charge(if you own a license),

Honestly those don't count, besides if you take my statement in that context even FL is guilty with their Payed(misspelling intentional) addons....

Just sayin'. :wink:

(to coin your phrase)
Last edited by CTStump on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

MIDI panic button.
SONAR X3e & Studio One Producer 2.6.2

CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote:Careful now, they are charging separate for some things. Just sayin'
Okay,so charging for extra amp presets and added extras to enhance the feature set that is existing are either bug fixes or are vital to all User's? :shrug:

Not to mention the full extensions added during this release cycle that were given free of charge(if you own a license),

Honestly those don't count, besides if you take my statement in that context even FL is guilty with their Payed addons....

Just sayin'. :wink:

(to coin your phrase)
I think we both have a point :)

hibidy wrote: Oh please god, not anymore cubase or logic threads!
Too late :lol:

dsan@mail.com wrote:
I will agree some other DAWS are better in the midi department. I think Sonar is easier to work with midi.

For me, Sonar is much more capable than S1 especially in midi/composing workflow. But of course the learning curve is higher than S1 (but really not that much!).

The Essential things for me in Sonar are the Matrix, Step Sequencer and Midi effects especially the Arpeggio.
Say you have three lines of bass and you want to choose which one (fast), in Sonar you can record them in takes then drag them to the Matrix, play them with other 3 lines of drums, then choose. The same workflow of course can be done with Ableton Live (but easier! I can just record them direct to the session view clips).

The Step sequencer is really great. It is a powerful tool especially for Drums. Studio One made me buy Geist (and an Arpeggio tool!) because it is not that easy to compose drum tracks in S1, while Sonar makes it easy with the Step Sequencer and Matrix combination workflow. Anyway, I should thank S1 for this because Geist is a wondrful Drums/Rhythm maker and sampler! ;-)

I must say that since I bought Sonar, I haven't used S1! I'm spending the time between Sonar Studio and Live Intro (finally clicked with me about Live!). I still like S1 and consider it an excellent DAW for the price and I won't sell it. But I didn't wait for Version 3 to see what they will do with it. Life is too short to waste it waiting!

EnGee wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:
I will agree some other DAWS are better in the midi department. I think Sonar is easier to work with midi.

For me, Sonar is much more capable than S1 especially in midi/composing workflow. But of course the learning curve is higher than S1 (but really not that much!).

The Essential things for me in Sonar are the Matrix, Step Sequencer and Midi effects especially the Arpeggio.
Say you have three lines of bass and you want to choose which one (fast), in Sonar you can record them in takes then drag them to the Matrix, play them with other 3 lines of drums, then choose. The same workflow of course can be done with Ableton Live (but easier! I can just record them direct to the session view clips).

The Step sequencer is really great. It is a powerful tool especially for Drums. Studio One made me buy Geist (and an Arpeggio tool!) because it is not that easy to compose drum tracks in S1, while Sonar makes it easy with the Step Sequencer and Matrix combination workflow. Anyway, I should thank S1 for this because Geist is a wondrful Drums/Rhythm maker and sampler! ;-)

I must say that since I bought Sonar, I haven't used S1! I'm spending the time between Sonar Studio and Live Intro (finally clicked with me about Live!). I still like S1 and consider it an excellent DAW for the price and I won't sell it. But I didn't wait for Version 3 to see what they will do with it. Life is too short to waste it waiting!
These are my exact thoughts on S1. It really needs to add these fairly basic midi tools. They are a godsend for electronic styles. Perhaps S1 will never head in that direction and will continue on the "recording live" direction, but it would be nice if it did include these things. The matrix view is also something that really interests me in sonar. I know a lot of people don't really care for such things, but S1 is so good in so many ways and it would be the ideal DAW if they made it more EDM friendly. Currently it's an amazing DAW, but it just lacks the final polish to make it my no.1 choice.

I've also been checking out the new Nektar controllers and their integration with bitwig. That is something that is also potentially a gamechanger. Most other controllers work with a wrapper, but the new nektar stuff doesn't and yet has better integration. The presonus forums were grumbling about S1 not getting the same level of integration from a controller and I can agree.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Andywanders wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
Andywanders wrote:
Works for me.
I'm happy for you, but I can assure you it is definitely broken. It's been reported to Presonus, and on the Presonus forum a few times so they definitely know about it, but it seems like they're just not interested in fixing it.

Don't believe me? Try slaving a hardware sequencer to Studio One's transport. The hardware won't start when Studio One starts (though sometimes it does). It starts when Studio One stops. Studio One doesn't send correct Song Position to the hardware. etc... etc... It's just a f**king mess.

If you don't have a hardware sequencer, check out the MIDI Monitor to see the mess of broken clock data Studio One chucks out.

IT'S BROKEN!
Well, my Nord and Access Virus TI run perfectly in time, and that's all I care about...

I'm happy that you are happy for me btw. :hug:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”