Studio one

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like I said in that other thread, I live in the twilight zone. I could swear that I've had issues with other hosts as well.

:hihi: do do, do do, do do, do do, do da doodle do......

Biggest issue I have hibidy is I keep buying software and STILL can't make good music! (The above off key TV theme music should prove that) :hihi:

They can add all the features they want but WHEN are they going to create a DAW that makes good music? :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I have so many perfectly promising "starts" that go nowhere. But these days it's not about things not working, it's just about something else. We've had 600 threads on it (clearly I'm not the only one) and I don't really understand it. I thought it might be concentration, but I think it's closer to perfection issues.

Anyways, I'm always surprised when I do fire something up and how much I can actually get done these days with live and S1. Reaper was good and if I wanted to, I'm sure I could do well by it again but I'm sticking with these two hosts.

Oh yeah, there is one other thing....

This me doing EVERYTHING is pretty complex. I can do it, but I don't get "lost" in my music to where it flows. Guitar, bass, keys, synths, drums, which one, what sound, my my! And I'm getting old.

Maybe you could consider collaborating.

I don't see much of that here at KVR....or maybe I just don't visit those forums here.

I thought there was something like that in S1....could be mistaken.

I know Sonar offers collaboration....I also know how you feel about Sonar :hihi:

Just a thought....may be useful to you.

As for getting old....isn't that a good thing? ;)

And FWIW....as old as you get you will never be as old as me :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Im selling my license, but not going for a bitwig, im just may go back to logic x. I have days when studio one works great and then I have days when my midi notes stick or timing is off. The things that studio one can do is great but what it cant do makes my brain hurt.

I can see why some users would fall out of love with Studio One given the choices out there, why lock your self to something that's not working for ya.

The key is to use what works and only YOU know that.

There is always 2 group think's at work, the so called "Recording" group and the "EDM, Electronic" Group demanding either leave it alone or Pimp the bej@s^s out of it.

Fortunately for me(and a few others) they take their time and really, REALLY focus on cogent programming and not Frankenstein releases to satisfy the whims and demands foisted on them by the"Why can't it be like this or that DAW right NOW" crowd.

I guess I'm neutral in believing they will get to it eventually MIDI wise where I agree it does lack in at the moment.

:?:

I can record guitars/bass and programmed drums in S1 or EDM if I so desire :shrug:

It's about stability for me. I can do what I want (within reason) with S1 and it works. I cannot in sonar for example. It's simple.

hibidy wrote::?:

I can record guitars/bass and programmed drums in S1 or EDM if I so desire :shrug:

It's about stability for me. I can do what I want (within reason) with S1 and it works. I cannot in sonar for example. It's simple.
You are obviously an exception to the rule.....given the debates I've witnessed here and at the Presonus forum.

Any time someone say's it work's for them there will always be someone that will claim that it don't work for them in the same or another fashion. Then you'll have those that need convincing or whatever.

DAW foibles never end I guess... why even try, the phrase "to each his own" is right on the mark for this subject(most of the time). :?

I'm kinda old school at this. I mean, I've had them all. I went through the x64 wars, I've kinda been down that path. For me, it's about stability and accessibility. For what I so, I use:

live: 70%
S1: 30%

:shrug:

It's all up to the person. It's not locked into a certain thing. Some think bitwig will change the world......:shrug: Maybe? I dunno.

Wish the track colors were also stable...
SONAR X3e & Studio One Producer 2.6.2

hibidy wrote: For me, it's about stability and accessibility.
For me as well. Plus ease-of-use and a really fast workflow. Things that Cubase no longer provides.

One of Steinberg's biggest mistakes was the introduction of instrument tracks and set them apart from Midi tracks. What a hell of a fuss it is to set different Midi output channels in a Midi track. This is sooo much easier in Studio One - just assign a VSTi and set the output channel. It's exactly how it used to be in old Cubase versions.
hibidy wrote: Some think bitwig will change the world......
I don't. It's only a giant marketing hype, mainly caused by rumors and statements on the Bitwig website. We've had that before. Numerous KVR threads on how brilliant the SKnote plug-ins are, for example. Who's talking about SKnote now? Nobody!

Give it year or so, and Bitwig will be one DAW among others.

It's probably gonna be a DAW mainly for those EDM makers, anyway. Not so much a DAW for traditional users like you and me.

I don't need stuff like modulation or a clip launcher. Apart from that, I find it quite ugly. 8)

Let all those Dance and Techno kids rave about Bitwig. I couldn't care less.

Jlien X wrote:Wish the track colors were also stable...
Not quite sure what you mean by that. I wish the colors could be customized, they look a bit old-fashioned.

Skorpius wrote:
Jlien X wrote:Wish the track colors were also stable...
Not quite sure what you mean by that. I wish the colors could be customized, they look a bit old-fashioned.
There's a serious track/mixer color issue when using multi-timbral instruments. Check here:
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/42860.page

It's really a shame because S1 has very few bugs. :?
SONAR X3e & Studio One Producer 2.6.2

CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote::?:

You are obviously an exception to the rule.....given the debates I've witnessed here and at the Presonus forum.

Any time someone say's it work's for them there will always be someone that will claim that it don't work for them in the same or another fashion. Then you'll have those that need convincing or whatever.

DAW foibles never end I guess... why even try, the phrase "to each his own" is right on the mark for this subject(most of the time). :?
I'd be the exception to the rule as well then, and quite a few other people that I know... For me, S1 has been way more stable than Logic or Ableton (can't compare it to Cubase tbh as I've not used it). And its workflow is way ahead of the curve (for me yet again).

That's also what I love about S1. It works great for EDM (or should I say industrial) and for recording bands, etc.

I've no loyalty to a DAW. They are just tools, and a means to an end. I'll go with whichever one suits my needs. Right now, it's the best for what I do. I'll check out Bitwig. That's about it for now unless something better comes along.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”