Image-Line | Minihost Modular (Beta)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[quote="Jake Jackson"]I must admit that I do not understand why one would want to use this modular unit in a host./quote]

To add flexibility, potentially. (Except this isn't quite there.) My example is this:

FL Studio is supremely flexible with FX routing, but most importantly for me, every individual FX on every channel has an automatable wet/dry control wrapped around it. That was a feature I took advantage of, and also took for granted.

There are a lot of useful FX plugins out there that don't have internal wet/dry controls.

Now that I'm using Maschine, each "sound" (channel) can route two aux outputs to other channels to use them as sends. An effect can be brought in by automating an aux out or the send channel's output level -- but if I want to reduce the dry signal at the same time, I have to synchronize two parameters. This is really awkward to sequence and pretty much impossible to do live, with any accuracy. So if I could load an FX plugin into a small host that provided a wet/dry wrapper around it, it'd make my life better.

foosnark wrote: every individual FX on every channel has an automatable wet/dry control wrapped around it. That was a feature I took advantage of, and also took for granted.

There are a lot of useful FX plugins out there that don't have internal wet/dry controls.
Dont forget though, that mix knob does not account for plugin latency.
That is literally the only problem I have left with FL.
And gol confirmed that it will not be "fixed". :(

Buuut with this thing and Patcher, there is a (cpu destorying) workaround. :)
ImageImageImageImage

memyselfandus wrote:sounds like tracks in Reaper?
And Reaper has the same easy-to-use graphical user interface to set up the plugin routing?

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to send MIDI clock to this thing. Any insight?

frankz00 wrote:I'm having a hard time figuring out how to send MIDI clock to this thing. Any insight?
http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... odular.htm

MiniHost Modular automatically synchronises to incoming MIDI Clock signals. This can easily be tested by activating the Metronome and listening for the click to follow the incoming MIDI Clock's tempo.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Wait, that has Effector in the image, where is Effector available as a VST, I can't find it, only native in FL
Duh

bungle wrote:Wait, that has Effector in the image, where is Effector available as a VST, I can't find it, only native in FL
Copy the Effector folder to your VST folder.
effector.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Okay I've found what specifically seems to be my problem. I can't get Thesys to run inside Minihost. If I open it in Reaper, Thesys syncs to the Reaper clock without me having to press play. This allows me to play Thesys and program the pattern. In Minihost, the clock works, even the metronome, but Thesys is not getting the clock for some reason no matter what I do.

Any ideas?

frankz00 wrote:Okay I've found what specifically seems to be my problem. I can't get Thesys to run inside Minihost. If I open it in Reaper, Thesys syncs to the Reaper clock without me having to press play. This allows me to play Thesys and program the pattern. In Minihost, the clock works, even the metronome, but Thesys is not getting the clock for some reason no matter what I do.

Any ideas?
This must be a bug. I cannot get any step sequences or arpeggiators that require host sync to work in Minihost standalone.

firepile wrote:
frankz00 wrote:In Minihost, the clock works, even the metronome, but Thesys is not getting the clock for some reason no matter what I do.

Any ideas?
This must be a bug. I cannot get any step sequences or arpeggiators that require host sync to work in Minihost standalone.
Okay, so I'm not (completely) crazy then... I posted at in the Image-Line thread too. I'll check that to confirm too...

We are pleased to announce the Minihost Modular Beta 2 is now available for Windows and OS X.

http://www.image-line.com/documents/new ... lar-beta-2

This beta includes many bugfixes and enhancements based on the testing and feedback so far.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:We are pleased to announce the Minihost Modular Beta 2 is now available for Windows and OS X.

This beta includes many bugfixes and enhancements based on the testing and feedback so far.

Regards Scott
Great. Look forward to try it in OS X. But why don't you post the download links here? What's the point of having a thread to resend people to another thread?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Image-Line wrote:We are pleased to announce the Minihost Modular Beta 2 is now available for Windows and OS X.

Regards Scott
Great. Look forward to try it in OS X. But why don't you post the download links here? What's the point of having a thread to resend people to another thread?
We want people to try it and report bugs. If they don't want to bother to have an Image-Line account and use our forums to do so, then that defeats the purpose of running a beta.

Small hoop to jump if you are interested ;) If not then the release version will be out soon enough.

Regards Scott

Thank You for the update. Look forward to giving it a try.

BTW I logged into the IL site to post this reply but it said I can not post on that topic?

Peace
Joe

Wow, this looks awesome. Looking forward to the final version. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”