Tracktion 5 now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Get it while it's hot :party: The inline step sequencing supports multiple vsts on one track, so I can now use poise and drumatic on the same sequence...sweet!

The new edit clips and freeze functionality also looks to be a winner. I don't need another DAW, but for 60 bucks I am certainly getting this.....especially with the linux support...

http://www.tracktion.com/features

Ok, just purchased it and the email states that it comes with a free license of Melodyne Essential, which is impressive since it costs $99 alone! No big deal for me since I have had Melodyne editor for a while (plus the Essentials version that I got with Studio One), but this will be a big draw for many. Will be interested to try out this version of ARA...

Cool........but, registration error. Wasn't that an issue on the v4 release? Can't remember how to fix it. "T500. An authorization error has occurred. You do not seem to have any valid Tracktion Software Licenses". Huh? You mean apart from v1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in my account?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

i quite like the new features of tracktion 5 and i miss a bit the times when i used t2 for music making. so i'm thinking about upgrading but maybe i'm too stupid but i couldn't find the two vital informations for me on the tracktion homepage. is there a t5 64 bit version for windows and does it support cpus with multiple cores?
i would be grateful if someone can enlighten me on these topics. thanks in advance

zendorf wrote:Ok, just purchased it and the email states that it comes with a free license of Melodyne Essential, which is impressive since it costs $99 alone! No big deal for me since I have had Melodyne editor for a while (plus the Essentials version that I got with Studio One), but this will be a big draw for many. Will be interested to try out this version of ARA...

Can you confirm that it has ARA, then?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

@Gosh Yes and Yes!
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Sweet, best news of 2014 ......so far ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Oh no, this is terrible news. My wife is going to be mad when she sees me spending more with it than her... :hihi:

Really looking forward to trying this out, I've been trying to get out of sonar's yearly upgrade scheme for a while.

operandx wrote:@Gosh Yes and Yes!
thanks operandx, much appreciated. i think i will upgrade then and have a look if tracktion's workflow still suits me. funny, i haven't thought about tracktion for quite a while and now that i have decided to upgrade i feel quite excited to try it again.
cheers

Is the 1st note loop MIDI bug still there?

If it is I'm not buying it. If it's not I'm in.

Well on PC version I haven't had issues with notes being dropped since...several versions back. Are you on Mac Grymmjack? I suggest you try the demo.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

I tried the demo. I'm on PC. I'm oldschool Tracktion user since v2.

In my test, 1st note bug is indeed fixed. That's great!

Except, now it looks like they took away the ability to change the color scheme?

Am I missing something?

So right, the authorization isn't working for me either. $30 is worth the first note bug fix alone. I will try offline registration.

Actually authorization IS working, but to find out what was broken I had to try offline. At the top it told me to fill in my profile with a first and last name. Once I did that, updated my profile, and then internet authorization does work no problem. :)

Rewireable?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”