Tracktion 5 now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just upgraded to T5. very pleased with this. The inline Step sequencer is very welcome.

I was wondering if the Melodyne version is locked to T5 ? Also, is Melodyne ARA based as per Sonar and S12. ? There seems to be some conflicting evidence about this.

Edit: I just looked at the About screen and it mentions ARA so I guess it uses ARA.

Still can't understand why it use Elastique Efficient rather than Pro 2.5 like Ableton Live etc.
Last edited by luxgud on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wanted to join the happy faces , but no matter what I try I can't register Tracktion 5 :dog: it's probably sometime I did . I tried to upgrade from within the program, tried Tracktion's site. both online and offline methods. The serial Sweetwater gave me just doesn't work. I'd rather be stupid on KVR then on Sweetwater's customer service. If I am the blame.

Kevin Deas wrote:I wanted to join the happy faces , but no matter what I try I can't register Tracktion 5 :dog: it's probably sometime I did . I tried to upgrade from within the program, tried Tracktion's site. both online and offline methods. The serial Sweetwater gave me just doesn't work. I'd rather be stupid on KVR then on Sweetwater's customer service. If I am the blame.
There were some problems with their registration server earlier, maybe try again now. If it still fails they responded very quickly to my support email.

Apologies to Sweetwater I did all business direct with Tracktion. I had a brain-F*rt Sweetwater was involved in no way. Sorry. Still can't register with Tracktion's site or through the program.

@Kevin, I registered without problems about 45 mins ago. I was waiting for a serial number but realised it's completely online activation via the About screen. Off course you have to set up an account at the forum. I guess you've done all this so I you'll have to wait until you can hear from Tracktion themselves :(

Where is the Linux version :?:
Last edited by pc999 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawrenceF wrote:Can you edit me out of that quote above? I didn't say that, someone else did.

Thanks.
fixed.

Argh, after using Reaper since 2006 or so, the Edit Clips feature in Tracktion 5 is looking annoyingly tempting... :x The Reaper devs never really got their equivalent feature in proper working order... :cry:

This looks like a nice update. Very slick and fast.

Since Tracktion now supports VST3 and per note automation: Are there any note-expression enabled VSTs other than the ones from Steinberg?

And I also wonder about Melodyne. I have the small version from studio one and get the same as everybody else, no ara, or at least not if I insert melodyne as plugin normally or drop it on a clip (which I thought would make more sense for it to work the ara way).

Is it possible to set the node-editor to show inline like in Tracktion 4?

Is there a help file anywhere?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: And I also wonder about Melodyne. I have the small version from studio one and get the same as everybody else, no ara, or at least not if I insert melodyne as plugin normally or drop it on a clip (which I thought would make more sense for it to work the ara way).
I see this in the about screen too. How about it TSC? Is this a feature now, and we just can't make it work...or should we be waiting for a future update?

Thanks in advance,
G

Anyone figured out how to stop it always loading the last open project on startup?

pc999 wrote:Where is the Linux version :?:
They said somewhere that the linux version will be built later. Don't know when.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

aMUSEd wrote:Anyone figured out how to stop it always loading the last open project on startup?
Close the edit (tab) and then close Tracktion.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Anyone figured out how to stop it always loading the last open project on startup?
Close the edit (tab) and then close Tracktion.
Sure I could do that - but the previous version if you closed the app it closed the project - I would rather assume if I closed the app I wanted to also close my project.

stanlea wrote:
pc999 wrote:Where is the Linux version :?:
They said somewhere that the linux version will be built later. Don't know when.
Thanks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”