Tracktion 5 now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

operandx wrote:Ctrl a to select all notes in clip then choose transpose from the bottom controls panel. Now go and read the manual ;)
Thanks. I was selecting a midi clip on the timeline thinking I could just transpose it directly but I see you have to select the notes in that case (or use a filter).

I'll put the manual on my iPad and read up a bit more before I dive back into the demo (RTFM) so I won't be asking a ton of dumb questions.

At any rate, it "feels" really good, smooth, responsive, etc, etc.

Thanks again to all who helped the mentally challenged. :) "Life is like a bunch of chocolates..." :hihi:

Where do you download the manual?
I can't find any link.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

LawrenceF wrote:I still haven't figured out how to load VST Instruments.
This has to be the biggest inhibitor to initial TTMN*. I guess we're supposed to think that a VST instrument "filters" the MIDI notes or something. Why they couldn't have called it "plug-in" I don't know. It's been a while since I tested R****r. Doesn't it refer to any instrument and effect as "FX"?

* Time To Make Noise - my DAW intuitiveness test on how quickly I can get to a point where I'm making a sound without RTFM. Simple things should be simple.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

mcnelson wrote:FYI - from the receipt email:
Traction5 orders will include a free license of Melodyne Essential by Celemony (expected to launch in the next several weeks).
In case you're wondering where it is - looks like it's yet to be bundled. Cool offer though, props to the TSC guys, this is going to be a big draw I think.
Hi,

Is ARA integration also coming? I already have Melodyne Essential and T5 doesn't appear to integrate (I still see the "transfer" button).

Thanks,
G

spaceman wrote:Where do you download the manual?
I can't find any link.
Hm...I can't find the updated manual either. Is it not released yet?

G

Anyone know were the manual is? I'm trying to find out more about this autorender that's been mentioned but can't find it anywhere.

Aiynzahev wrote:Some really interesting new features
Agreed.

The edit clip feature is sweet, but it takes ages to load a simple edit, I'm not sure what's up with that.

Hopefully this kind of stuff will get fixed now that Jules is back on the case full time.

This is pretty awesome if it worked faster.

The edit clip literally takes me almost a full minute to edit original. I don't understand why it's taking this long either. I don't have anything but 2 plug-ins in the edit and they are doing real simple shit.

aMUSEd wrote:Anyone know were the manual is? I'm trying to find out more about this autorender that's been mentioned but can't find it anywhere.
I think you mean the edit clip?

How it works is drag that new red + box near the filters top right, and then create a new edit or reference an edit you already have, then it renders it for you. the entire edit.

Except there is some REALLY long delays with this feature. Like minutes worth for a 1 bar loop. something isn't right here.

But it's pretty nice workflow once it's fixed it's going to be pretty flipping neat.

I made a quick Edit Clip with a 1-bar wav loop, and it rendered very quickly. I'll have to experiment to see if larger edits are a problem. I'm running the 64-bit version on Win8.

G

pough wrote:Why they couldn't have called it "plug-in" I don't know. It's been a while since I tested R****r. Doesn't it refer to any instrument and effect as "FX"?
I think I asked this ten years ago... :) But once you know, it's cool. And yes, Reaper does call everything an FX, maybe instruments were an afterthought (maybe in Tracktion too).

Just trying the demo and it feels slicker than I remember. Shame it still seems to have a problem with my plug in folder (freezes PC for ages then still misses half my plugs).
Last edited by GaryG on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Disclaimer: Let me make it clear that I am trying Tracktion for the first time. I have been using Reaper and Sonar regularly for many years, so expert users please don't get pissed if my questions are stupid for you. Here I go:
- Is it possible to audition loops while project is playing, just like Acid, Reaper, Sonar? It stops the project as soon as I click on a loop.
- How do you quantize the notes of a recorded midi clip? Yes, I admit my keyboard playing is not that great but I do play, record then play around with it in the midi editor. Quantize either all the notes or few notes manually depending on the situation. In Tracktion, I did see a lot of option to quantize but that didn't work as I was expecting. For example, I selected "Quantize note start to nearest 1/16, but didn't see all the notes locked. Plus, when I tried to drag the midi note it didn't snap to the grid.

few things that I noticed:
1. Changing audio device crashes it immediately
2. I read elsewhere that they are still working on plugin scanning so no point in complaining why it reported that all Rob Papen plugins failed (Predator, Blade, etc.)
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

GaryG wrote:
pough wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:Why they couldn't have called it "plug-in" I don't know. It's been a while since I tested R****r. Doesn't it refer to any instrument and effect as "FX"?
I think I asked this ten years ago... :) But once you know, it's cool. And yes, Reaper does call everything an FX, maybe instruments were an afterthought (maybe in Tracktion too).

Just trying the demo and it feels slicker than I remember. Shame it still seems to have a problem with my plug in folder (freezes PC for ages then still misses half my plugs).
Can you edit me out of that quote above? I didn't say that, someone else did.

Thanks.

Photo_G wrote:I made a quick Edit Clip with a 1-bar wav loop, and it rendered very quickly. I'll have to experiment to see if larger edits are a problem. I'm running the 64-bit version on Win8.G
I haven't tried that function yet but I can't see many uses for me personally with audio projects. Midi projects, sure.

The renders with audio tracks should be pretty fast. If a project has a lot of large sample libraries I'd suspect the in and out cycle would be a little slower because it would (I guess) have to load all the samples back when you open it again.

It's a little different with Vegas, a similar feature, because the realtime video FX can eat up a heck of a lot of cpu. Audio inserts, not so much.

Some interesting ideas there...
Does anyone know what the demo limitations are? haven't found it on the web site as the "download demo" takes you directly to a registration page...
And another question: judging from the videos, tracktion seems to be fairly mouse centric, focusing on drag and drop. What about customizable keyboard shortcuts and context menus?

This midi drum grids do not work properly I think.

The first note you can select to trigger a drumsound triggers the second note and not the first on.
Manualy I can trigger the Kick, but if I click in a drum pattern with the first note supposed to trigger the kick it triggers the next sound.

May be I am doing it wrong:)

Cheers
classic.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”