Get Wavelab LE 8 for free

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:welcome to the world of tomorrow.

wheres my rocket pack? :x

vurt wrote:
robojam wrote:

That woman has a lot to answer for with things I was promised as a kid that I never got...

chk071 wrote:Of course you're entitled to be pissed off though, if you bought the mag solely for Wavelab LE, and now "free serials" are handed out. This is entirely Beat's fault though, they are very sloppy about that sort of stuff, maybe on purpose, who knows. Or they just have people sitting there who don't know how the web works (i suspect that).
Again, I'm only buying BEAT sporadically, if there is one mag-ware on it that really interests me. Then again, the repercussions with the "BeatDrive" and with this particular instance (Wavelab LE) clearly show me "wasted money".

So I rather hang out on KVR and GS, wait for official announcements by the developers, then pick up the licenses if I feel like it - legit. So a third party would not earn any money from such shady moves.

I am a user of both Cubase and Wavelab full, so I couldn't care less on the surface. But inside I'm boiling because such behavior is clearly pissing me off.

I'm already hesitating on magware due to KVR, rekkerd, BPB and GS. Maybe others should do so as well.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:
robojam wrote:

That woman has a lot to answer for with things I was promised as a kid that I never got...
yeah wtf's our 3-day week??

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I will just say this.

Wavelabia is the biggest poncing pooing steaming pile of shiteing crap you will ever come across. I'd rather come across my granny's knickers. But I'm probably not allowed to say that.

Along with a few other bits of software - FXpansion Tremor being one, I have actually spent 8 hours a day, five days a week trying to get this little monster going. NO luck.

However. I must say. The guys at Steinberg have been great. Really. I really appreciate all that they have tried to do. Good chaps. When I did get it going, briefly I realised that they have retrograded the GUI by 8 years and slowed the whole program down by an order of magnitude as great.

They have in short, f**ked it all up.

There is no way I am paying for this 'Phillippe' - is that his name? for his merde.

This is a massive nervous breakdown. And no f**king way am I buying Cubase on the strength of this.

These German/French men are off their bleeding rockers. They want locking up.

Congratulations, you got a program that can not be cracked. But then again, who would want to? You have lost your marbles and you won't be getting any more of my cash, like I gave you in the 80's, the 90's and the 00's.

Sort yourself out. Get yourself into rehab Charlie. Stop snorting the cool aid. sic. It has been a good ride. But you know this is not going to last much longer. Don't you?

codec_spurt wrote:I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I will just say this.

Wavelabia is the biggest poncing pooing steaming pile of shiteing crap you will ever come across.
That's nice and stuff, but in which way will this thread benefit from your opinion?

chk071 wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I will just say this.

Wavelabia is the biggest poncing pooing steaming pile of shiteing crap you will ever come across.
That's nice and stuff, but in which way will this thread benefit from your opinion?
Don't single me out chump.

Go ask that question from the two or three that posted before me.

When they get back to you, after taking you seriously, then I will respond in kind.

Btw, what is your angle?

Did we not take our anti aggression pills tonight?

chk071 wrote:Did we not take our anti aggression pills tonight?
Sorry, you don't get out of it that easy with me.

You had some big questions.
I countered.

Now surely you can do better than that.

My questions were simple.

I'm sorry for calling you a chump, but at least it wasn't Passive-aggressive. As you were.

How will this thread benefit from my opinion?

Well, how do YOU think it will benefit.

Add something to the argument man. Get a sense of humour.
Don't f**king insult people by calling them aggressive.
Do you know what aggressive is?

Come on.

Well, entering a thread with a post like "Hey, i didn't read this thread, but this software is a steaming pile of shit" is usually considered as trolling. Maybe you could at least put up some arguments why you think it is, apart from that you weren't able to install it, and you didn't like the GUI. Don't get the rude tone actually, what is the reason for that? I think you can pretty well make your point clear without that kind of fecal approach.

Now kids, don't make me separate you both!

I downloaded WL LE even though I think it was a terrible port to Mac and I also think the GUI is outdated despite the fact that it was indeed updated (well the icons at least among some other things).

I had been a Wavelab user on PC and I absolutely loved the program. It made life easy, which was the sole justification for purchasing it at the price I paid.

Now... the Mac version was a disaster. Dialogue boxes for some things responded to an "enter" key and and others responded to "space" key. Crashes, bugs, etc... you name it, it happened. No continuity and I had the opposite experience with Steinberg compared to codec_spurt. I thought their support was atrocious. It's funny... that also helped squash any ideas of moving over to Cubase, since there's no way I'd be willing to put up with that again.

Anyways to tie it all in back to the thread...

I hope anyone on a PC doesn't pass this up. On a Mac, well it's a good way to see if it's worth investing in. I wouldn't but (but I'm not you).

elxsound wrote:Now kids, don't make me separate you both!

I downloaded WL LE even though I think it was a terrible port to Mac and I also think the GUI is outdated despite the fact that it was indeed updated (well the icons at least among some other things).

I had been a Wavelab user on PC and I absolutely loved the program. It made life easy, which was the sole justification for purchasing it at the price I paid.

Now... the Mac version was a disaster. Dialogue boxes for some things responded to an "enter" key and and others responded to "space" key. Crashes, bugs, etc... you name it, it happened. No continuity and I had the opposite experience with Steinberg compared to codec_spurt. I thought their support was atrocious. It's funny... that also helped squash any ideas of moving over to Cubase, since there's no way I'd be willing to put up with that again.

Anyways to tie it all in back to the thread...

I hope anyone on a PC doesn't pass this up. On a Mac, well it's a good way to see if it's worth investing in. I wouldn't but (but I'm not you).

Oh Daddy elxsound, I don't know what I would do without you to keep me on the path of reason.

I am sorry for all the very nasty things I said to that other chap.

You are quite right really.

Btw, I got a kick ass mofo version of Wavelab version 1 or something.

Still I'm very sorry for being a very naughtly little boy. It won't happen again. Just give me a hard swift spank to my pert little left buttock, and we are all good.

:-)

Actually, WL also has a severe bug in the engine, which renders certain VST3 plugins completely invalid to use. This is the so called "audio forward bug", where the plugin works in "real time" but on render, the stream is unaltered.

Slate Digital and Klanghelm suffer from this (among a handful more developers). Those third party devs recently finally ruled out that it's their fault (they sticked to the darn VST3 specs. And I'm in constant contact with them, as I use their tools in VST3 form!). The dev of WL is aware of that, but so far there is no fix for this. And as with the ASIO issues in C7, it's disregarded to be an actual issue.

For me as audio engineer, that means that I have to install both VST2 and VST3 versions of a plugin. VST3 for Cubase, VST2 for Wavelab. And with having both C7 and WL7 installed in 32bit and 64bit (in order to transfer to x64 eventually), this is a ton more stuff on the HDD as I'd ever need. That is a big issue for me - once more, the creators of the VST3 SDK don't stick to their own specs.

Else, i can somewhat confirm that WL7 slows you down in terms of editing. The new GUI is hard to read/control. The system to have a "subroutine" in a "subroutine" is also nonsense (before that, it was the same GUI). Half of my tools need special treatment before I can use them in WL (IKMultimedia plugins for example need WL7 to be "run as admin", else they render in DEMO MODE). I also miss certain editing capabilities for BluRay audio - instead the focus is on PodCasts and CD render.

At least, DDP image creation is possible, there is no popup window anymore telling me in the audio CD montage "sorry bro, can only use ONE SRC and bitrate" prior to rendering, the "monitor section" will be enhanced in the near future as well, we got 10 inserts instead of 8 (actually, IIRC with WL6 already), bundled EBU R-128 tools that cost a fortune if bought separately (though the meter is off if you set it up "custom", and WL nukes itself if you try to "batch process" tracks with longer silence passages).

It's the little things with WL7 (full) - but these are sometimes just as drastic as the issues with C7.

Still, I'm using WL7 - since it's among the top tear of CD authoring tools. Though for HD audio montages, I mostly use Cubase these days.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I took a go at this for Mac (macbook C2D 2.4/10.7.5... yes, I need a new computer).

Anyway, my WL LE license is now the third asset on my vintage Eliosound elicenser, along with aireq and Virsyn Reflect (neither of which I use much anymore, even though I have over 400 last-decade dollars in the pair).

Man, when BIAS went belly-up, I thought about doing the half-price Peak to Wavelab cross-grade (for $250, was it?)... glad I didn't!

Although, I may risk $50 at some point to go to Elements.

Thanks to Beat and Steinberg, though.

The basic functionality seems to be there and stable as far as I can tell so far, but all bets are off with plug-ins: crashes, GUI problems, etc.

It's not so bad that I'll be uninstalling it immediately, especially for free.

On the other hand, it'll be no go-to for me.

Oh, and Steinberg, the last millennium called and wants their interface back.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”