Get Wavelab LE 8 for free

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[Link removed: KVR has been informed that serial numbers are intended to be reserved for BEAT readers and are not supposed to be shared like this]

Then go to this page, and create or login to your Steinberg account:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/landing_pag ... =Enter+DAC

When inside your Steinberg account you enter the serial you got in the E-mail, WaveLab is then added to your Steinberg account, and you can download the Win/Mac installer from the account, and also you will get the licence code needed for the Steinberg dongle or eLicencer.

Seemed to work. Might try it out later and see if I like it.

Anybody looking to get WaveLab Elements 8, will get 50% off that by upgrading from WaveLab LE 8 ;)

Thanks for the heads up, Numanoid, very nice of you, :)

No prob :)

Just after I posted, I realized I had forgot to search the forum first, and it was already noted a couple of weeks ago :oops:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... b#p5621563

But that might have got lost because of the thread title, so this one rectifies that 8)

Do you think Steinberg will wonder how many people bought the Beat mag? :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:Anybody looking to get WaveLab Elements 8, will get 50% off that by upgrading from WaveLab LE 8 ;)
What do you gain in the upgrade?

If it's the same than from LE 7 to Elements 7, it's mainly more transport functions, the Sonnox vinyl restauration suite, which is quite nice, enhanced marker functions. Quite a lot of other small things i don't remember right now. I think the number of effects you can use simultaneously is restricted too. But for pure audio editing functions, LE 8 will probably have most of what you need.

chk071 wrote:Do you think Steinberg will wonder how many people bought the Beat mag? :hihi:
I think it will be like the z3ta+ licences Beat had a couple of years ago, that came with the mag, but was also open on the net, and the licences ran out at one point, so I expect the same will happen here, but maybe not so much interest for this as z3ta+ though.

Ok they sent me some email in German but can't see a serial - no idea what it's saying

aMUSEd wrote:Ok they sent me some email in German but can't see a serial - no idea what it's saying
Mine looks like this:
Vielen Dank für Ihre Software-Registrierung beim Beat Serial-Center!

Im Folgenden finden Sie die gewünschten Details:

=== Steinberg Wavelab LE 8 ===
"XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

Yep, mine looked the same. Then you register it with that serial in your Steinberg account, then you get an email from Steinberg with the eLicenser activation code.

I think the few German words I know helped, but it seemed pretty straightforward on both the website and in email.

I subscribe to Beat so I already got it with the mag, but haven't used WaveLab much though so far :oops:

What is the benefits of using this cut down version versus for example Audacity which is free?

Mainly the maker function. And a better GUI, more intuitive handling, transport functions work better. I don't know if you can even jump with the cursor to stuff like waveform start/end, start of selection/end of selection and so in Audacity. Oh, and i never found a way to display the volume peak in Audacity, while it's very easy in Wavelab.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”