Get Wavelab LE 8 for free

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You mean nobody else has the paid Steinberg MP3 converter in their eLicenser Control Center like I do? I feel so much better supporting small, little, independent software vendors like Steinberg...

Yes, I don't see any email from steinberg anywhere, tried 3 email accounts. Not in spam either.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I installed it for kicks and it looks pretty cool. Took me 5 minutes to figure out the most important features without reading the manual. My wife who studies video editing on a Mac needed an audio editor to do a bit of audio polishing and editing. I was going to install Audacity but this is going to work out nicely for her instead.
Play it by ear

This won't make me popular (but I'm not anyway so...) if you didn't buy the mag you probably shouldn't abuse even an open site. How would you feel if you saw this cool free program in a mag you bought and then saw that all the licenses had been taken already? I'd feel terrible, just saying.

meh, this seemed like an ok thing to try until I realized it was going to install that elicenser crap on my computer. really? for a free le product?

elicenser stinks.

This actually interests me as I just built a new DAW after more than 7 years. I'm running Cubase 7.5 now and have been trying to decide what I want for mastering software. I was using Soundforge on my old system but was considering moving over to Wavelab for my new setup. This would be a great way to get a limited peek at it.

Since I don't speak German and am trying to morally wrap my head around what the situation is, is the download supposed to be only for magazine subscribers? Or is it for anyone willing to give up their email address which will no doubt be used for future marketing? It would seem like if it was for subscribers only they would have you enter a subscription number to get to the download.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

arkmabat wrote:This won't make me popular (but I'm not anyway so...) if you didn't buy the mag you probably shouldn't abuse even an open site. How would you feel if you saw this cool free program in a mag you bought and then saw that all the licenses had been taken already? I'd feel terrible, just saying.
Well, i guess they use some kind of key generator for those? Then there should be like, almost infinite. Tbh, i have no idea how they could have run out of serials for z3ta, seems weird.

You have a point though, not nice to see them run out of serials due to abuse.

chk071 wrote: You have a point though, not nice to see them run out of serials due to abuse.
This seems to be quite a common thing with Cakewalk - there's plenty of cases on their forums. I personally have it happen even twice with the stuff bought from the Cakewalk store. Instead of getting your serial number the store account will show Out of serial numbers. After contacting their support they have provided me with a proper and working serials for registration. It seems to be a pretty causal thing form them.
No signature here!

True, i also had that already with their free Sonitus FX suite. :lol:

That "free thing" is still not okay though.

You pay for both the magazine AND a license. Steinberg never gives anything away for free if it's a host. A plugin is a different thing - but Wavelab and Cubase are their main workhorses.

So if a Mag costs 15EUR, the mag itself is only about 5EUR, the rest goes to Steinberg for the license.

Then again, obviously this particular distributor gives a flying F. As I mentioned, for quite a while now as well. Just because you can get that license "for free", doesn't mean it's okay to do so while others pay for that.

I adressed this to the CEO of BEAT years ago (with the launch of the BeatDrive and Z3ta+) - in the end I was the idiot because I "paid" for the magazine. Yet on the beatdrive, you can only access the "advanced content" if you have a subscription.

Slap in the face.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Is this thing worth buying a dongle for?

Steinberg let me have it, but I didn't realize it was ILok. I asked them if they had a soft e-licenser for it, but they haven't replied.

a) Its not iLok protected
b) It doesn't need a dongle

When I tried to install it, it wanted a dongle, I thought.

I wish they would get back to me.

It requires to install the eLicenser software. Moving the license to a dongle is optional, you don't necessarily need it.

Compyfox wrote: So if a Mag costs 15EUR, the mag itself is only about 5EUR, the rest goes to Steinberg for the license.
The issue cost 5,90€, the regular price. It's a question whether Steinberg gets a share of that at all, or if it's free advertising. I mean they surely will get a lot of clients upgrading to higher versions with this. And Beat will get a lot of people buying this issue because of Wavelab LE.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”