Talk to me about IL "Edison" nope, won't work here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, that is the problem. If I make "edison" the edit default, then all I get is mini host. What I'm not sure of is if this is a problem with the demo only having VST's or not.

I got what you saying

There is no way to make "edit" bring up edison that I can see. It just brings up mini host :shrug:

The vst works though. I'll have a play with that, it's just an extra step.

Thanks for everyones help btw.

Ugggggggggggg, too many crashes. I've given up.

Thanks for everyones help.

Edison is the single best editing tool I've ever encountered. It's a shame you never got the chance to experience it's greatness. Ah well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. ;)
[Insert Signature Here]

Hibidy.

For the hard of understanding. One last time.

What OS are you using?

What DAW are you trying to host Edison in?

Give x64 versions if you are using them now.

It seems to me like you have a specific setup and Edison is not working with that.
Let us know what that setup is, and we may be able to help you.

Just a thought.

Oh no, I'm done :hihi: But again, thanks to everyone for their help. I'm not used to crashing.

Regardless of which version of edison I used it crashed live regularly when trying to drag/drop edited audio from edison to live. This was the number one reason I wanted it. I sent in the crash reports and I'm finished.

I don't know what the first part means, but I'm win7x64 live 9.1.1x64 with either the standalone (didn't work well using "edit) or the plugin and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that using this with live was the only thing I really cared about (S1 has decent enough audio editing)

hibidy wrote:Oh no, I'm done :hihi: But again, thanks to everyone for their help. I'm not used to crashing.

Regardless of which version of edison I used it crashed live regularly when trying to drag/drop edited audio from edison to live. This was the number one reason I wanted it. I sent in the crash reports and I'm finished.

I don't know what the first part means, but I'm win7x64 live 9.1.1x64 with either the standalone (didn't work well using "edit) or the plugin and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that using this with live was the only thing I really cared about (S1 has decent enough audio editing)

I have heard that it can be quite crash prone.

It's murder getting help from them (Image-Line) but they are a big company and big companies don't give support.

Shame, it's a great bit of kit. It only crashes about 50 percent of things I load it in.

Edison is a great tool, one of the best out there, no doubt...

BUT why on earth I can't see the two channels (R/L) at one time???
Why..... Why...??? :x

codec_spurt wrote:
hibidy wrote:Oh no, I'm done :hihi: But again, thanks to everyone for their help. I'm not used to crashing.

I have heard that it can be quite crash prone.

It's murder getting help from them (Image-Line) but they are a big company and big companies don't give support.

Shame, it's a great bit of kit. It only crashes about 50 percent of things I load it in.
50% of the time, man. I've no more than 25 total crashes of live since buying it in november 2012 :D ( that includes the 9 betas) and I can trace 4 of those to edison, and about 8 to recabinet 3.5.

It's on all the time :) I run it constantly. Oh, it has it's issues (don't they all? ) but the key is it runs. two crashes a month and all the hours I log, I'd say that's pretty good. I don't need anything mucking up my next big hit :hihi:

codec_spurt wrote:It's murder getting help from them (Image-Line) but they are a big company and big companies don't give support.
You must be joking? Just post your issues in Tech Support and if they replicate we will fix them. This has always been the case.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=200

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

I don't know the other company that you can more easily get precise help from devs....

Image-Line wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:It's murder getting help from them (Image-Line) but they are a big company and big companies don't give support.
You must be joking? Just post your issues in Tech Support and if they replicate we will fix them. This has always been the case.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=200

Regards Scott
I have had problems in the past ;) But anyways, it there a reason that you can't set it up using "edit" in live? I click on the "edison" and it takes me to mini host :?

The problem is that we use a shortcut link to make individual standalone "executables" for each plugin, all linking to the same MiniHost Modular executable. This allows us to update the MiniHost and have each plugin use the new version immediately, without having to reinstall each plugin.

Apparently, when you choose a shortcut in the open dialog window, Windows turns the shortcut into the executable file that it points to but without the parameter that tells MiniHost to load a specific plugin.

I'm not sure what can be done to fix this. For now, I don't want to change the shortcut method. I'll check it out, but I can't promise a solution.

As for the crashes, please report these on our Techsupport, as Scott suggested.

Thanks

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”