Talk to me about IL "Edison" nope, won't work here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Are you sure that the STANDALONE version does non-destructive editing and the "non-destructed-edited" audio files can be imported into the DAW? I thought only the VST plugin does that and you had to put it on the track...
According to this:

I'm not in windows so can't confirm, but I think you can change the wave after recording it, then drag it to a new audio track, and then go back and undo what you just did in edison itself.

What is the specific question you have? Every software has its way of working and multiply that by how it will work in a specific host. Rarely are there show stoppers that we can't get around when we know these limitations.

Exactly, what are your needs?

It has multiple undos which iirc you can set for memory usage.

And even if it didn't.

Come on chaps. Destructive/Non Destructive. We all know about that. When did that ever phase anyone.

There is undo. Careful what you save. Try it out. No idea about demos though, I would be surprised if there isn't one.

I often have guitar or bass parts that I want to do edits to in session view. Copy, paste, insert silence. There is a noise "gate" in this, and much more than I'll ever use. I'm also excited about the clickless (I'm assuming they mean xfade) aspect.

First I have to admit that I just use the FL native version of Edison, so I can't comment on the VST stability... but in general, I use Edison nearly all day long (for smaller or bigger edits) for about 3 years now, and it often surprises me, how fast and easy it is to use! :)

here in this video, it's illustrated perfectly (at around 3:00), what is one of the big strengths and advantages of Edison: load it as an insert effect, record the stuff you want to record, edit it and throw it back into your DAW in for further madness :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... xA4U#t=180

Lot's of great info guys, thanks!

Edison had some bugs every now and then, but atm it seems to work perfectly! :)
As an FL Studio user, I use Edison almost all the time, It's very neat! :D

Lolz, two crashes already with the demo. Nope, I think not.

hibidy wrote:Lolz, two crashes already with the demo. Nope, I think not.
They recently fixed a "deadly" bug maybe the demo isn't updated yet...

Try this: load a wave and click on the location/zoom bar down below.

It's live that crashed. That's the number one reason I'd want it.

Tried Live 8 and Edison. Can't find odd behavior

Are you 32 bit or 64 bit?

Live 32bit, edison 32bit, OS 64bit.

That might be it. I'm trying to use it in live 64. This may just be a no-go.

hibidy wrote:That might be it. I'm trying to use it in live 64. This may just be a no-go.

Look man, use 64 for the 64 version.

You know

codec_spurt wrote:
hibidy wrote:That might be it. I'm trying to use it in live 64. This may just be a no-go.

Look man, use 64 for the 64 version.

You know
For plugins, that is fine.

Looks to me like the standalone is maybe not in the demo? (all there is is mini host)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”