im so sick and tired of daw crashes. ie the most stable daw?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote:
siriusbliss wrote:Samplitude ProX in Win8.
(new i7 8-core). Soniccore Scope Pro DSP card.
40+ tracks.
Stress test project includes Multiple instances of Kontakt. Two instances of Omnisphere. Superior2 - all multi-tracking.
Numerous Magix Veriverbs and Ammunition mastering plug-in.
Multiple Soniccore Scope DSP synths / Modular IV (running in parallel)
Running steadily and rock-solid since August!

This is my first newly built system in over 5 years.
My last (custom-built) system lasted another 5+ years.

I recommend ONLY custom-built / optimized systems. Nothing 'off-the-shelf'

My studio time is literally worth money, so this approach has worked best for me over the years.

G
What are you using for I/O with the Scope? And what drive/software version are you using? I'm curious because I have a Scope installed that is just gaining dust inside the computer. I have a dual boot system with Windows XP and Windows 7 64. The drivers were crashing like hell, So I stoped using it. My Scope was from Creamware, if that makes a difference.
ASIO and ADAT
Just got an A16 for more I/O
Considering SPDIF interfacing between my Scope Xite-1 (on laptop), and my old Scope cards (sitting in my desktop).
I've had some of these boards for 15 years and they're still going strong.

To get old Creamware PCI (now Soniccore) cards to run again, I would probably just upgrade to latest Scope 5.1 and load new drivers. Running great in Win7 here.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

I thought the new scope drivers where just the addition of 64bit support, no fixes or enhancement to 32 bit.
That's what I was told by soniccore support when I enquired about upgrading a couple of years ago
Amazon: why not use an alternative

For me, it's always dependent on the version of FL. There's certain builds that are absolutely rock solid. Then, there's stuff like this last build.
I also think a lot has to do with Windows.
It was REALLy bad until last Tuesday's Windows Update. Seems to have calmed considerably.
Terrified about how FL 12 will be since it's an all new build....

LawrenceF wrote: :tu: Computers kinda are living things. No two systems (once in the hands of actual users) are identical. That's pretty obvious. If they were, all software would always behave the exact same way for everyone on every system and that's clearly not the case. :hihi:
:tu: Yup.

i managed several labs of computers. They were all identical in hardware and software. They were all configured exactly the same way (they all used the same image, a few labs even had security software that reset them at every boot). There was no consistency to the time it took each machine to boot, get to the desktop, or start apps, and there was no consistency on what crashed, didn't crash, how they crashed, or when/which updates were notified by Windows Update.

Total voodoo.

i expect artificial intelligence to happen accidentally (in some super-networked environment, like a much faster internet), rather than in a lab by intent.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

You're probably not wrong about that. It actually makes perfect sense for it to manifest itself naturally, especially if you believe that is how things are created (hope this isn't going all HPC) Why not machines/intelligence?

The best example I can come up with is live. I use live x64 with very heavy plugins with virtually NO PROBLEMS. However there are MANY MANY who continue to have stability issues. I don't think that they are all "crackheads" or stupid. I think some shit just doesn't work.

Studio One is a mystery too. On my i7 860 (which is PLENTY powerful enough) I got funky spikes and cpu jitter that others didn't get. WTF causes that? And the devs worked with me on it, they kinda knew, but didn't know. But why isn't it consistent with everyone????? The new computer is so powerful with 4770 it just doesn't even matter :hihi:

hibidy wrote:You're probably not wrong about that. It actually makes perfect sense for it to manifest itself naturally, especially if you believe that is how things are created (hope this isn't going all HPC) Why not machines/intelligence?
Yeah, that's one reason i have this thought. Self awareness seems to be somewhat an artifact of the interacting systems of the brain, not the core feature (i include anything that's self aware, whether that's human, or cat ;-) ).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”