im so sick and tired of daw crashes. ie the most stable daw?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dogma?

spaceman wrote:
hibidy wrote:You left off the smiley :D
There are too many smileys in the world.
I wish everyone could be a bit more sad and depressed.
:(
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:?:

:?: :?:

:?: :?: :?:

I bet you can't get some of theeze super brains to admit their machines are not fly, in most cases if not all it is the software in their own narrow minds(Rockinlily inspired).

How could it ever have anything to do with their Maserati systems with racing stripes painted on their cases(I love Straw man arguments).

Whether you provide the proof, in a thousand ways, it will always come back as it's the software( for some), at least that's the impression I get on most Company forums.

KVR is perhaps the closest thing to neutral but it also is a place where nothing unsubstantiated will get by which for me makes good reading(most of the time).

CTStump wrote:I bet you can't get some of theeze super brains to admit their machines are not fly, in most cases if not all it is the software in their own narrow minds(Rockinlily inspired).
Whether you provide the proof, in a thousand ways, it will always come back as it's the software( for some), at least that's the impression I get on most Company forums.
Very true :tu:
It is the nature of computers, software development, technology and the accompanying bullshit that goes with them I'm afraid.

And for the record, I can be just as culpable for applying my own dogma out of laziness myself, rather than always making the effort to be truly open minded.
The trick is to be aware of it I think :D

I'm not quite sure if my question mark is big enough but I don't know what people are talking about anymore. I thought the topic was about crashes, so I posted a tip for "Blue Screen View", and now they're talking about dogmas of laziness?

Sorry, but what have 'blue screens' got to do with the price of eggs ?

The OP stated he was fed up with Sonar crashing. No mention of blue screens.

Dogma:
"An authoritative principle, belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially one considered to be absolutely true."

Laziness:
"Averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion; indolent."

:ud:

REAPER is known for its stability above all.

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm not quite sure if my question mark is big enough but I don't know what people are talking about anymore.
No, you're seeing correctly :hihi: It's a cluster-f..k. Again, nothing personal, but it's about as cohesive as a train in a swamp.

Poofox wrote:REAPER is known for its stability above all.
It's known for more than that :hihi:

The OP has already stated that it's basically with sonar.

I have been using Reason for years and I have had no more than 5 crashes in a large space of time .
When I use to use FL Studio, I had about 50 crashes and I only used it for 6 months.

Reason is by the best, for both production and operating in my opinion.

Download Yourself Some Sounds - http://www.dfunkdafiedbeats.com/sample- ... loops.html

Without reading the whole topic, reason 7 + RE's is the most stable combination in the world at this time. I have enough experience with it to know. If reason is an option, try the demo, you might be pleasantly surprised.

In the entire world? :hihi: You've tested the latest version of every daw in the world?

That must be a really expensive undertaking.

How does Scope measure up in your tests? http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 42&lang=us

Many have said that third party VST’s can crash a DAW. If I recall there was a program that will test VST’s for issues. Why didn’t I get it when I saw it? I believe it was the price but it has been a while and if anyone knows of it please post the link.

I had a few crashes bridging stuff, so stopped trying to bridge plugins, otherwise, REAPER has NEVER crashed, in years.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”