im so sick and tired of daw crashes. ie the most stable daw?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_3NVTo1N4

They actually had a more detailed video in the past getting into optimizing the computer itself more. Nonetheless after a third of the way through they cover some good ideas for any daw as well as your computer environment.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but that video was kinda strange to me. I run 48k and a 128buffer asio and have about 7ms delay total and have stability up the ying. That optimization looked like a step backwards to me.

hibidy wrote:I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but that video was kinda strange to me. I run 48k and a 128buffer asio and have about 7ms delay total and have stability up the ying. That optimization looked like a step backwards to me.
The video is pretty outdated as Mixcraft 6 is much better - also ANY modern machine should be able to run the WaveRT driver which is noticeable better in performance. Of course, most of us here have ASIO devices, so why even worry about it?

I dunno about worry, was just watching the viddy and commented. I'm pretty happy with what I'm using.

good news for astralexistence: they are working on (and supporting solutions) what you call the asio bug.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 81&t=53066 (a lot of other topics on that subject also there)
It seems related to specific display drivers and people are posting that they had successfully solved the issue by rolling back the display driver to an older version.
Don't give up hope. You allready own the most stable DAW in my opinion. :-)

ntom wrote:
hibidy wrote:I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but that video was kinda strange to me. I run 48k and a 128buffer asio and have about 7ms delay total and have stability up the ying. That optimization looked like a step backwards to me.
The video is pretty outdated as Mixcraft 6 is much better - also ANY modern machine should be able to run the WaveRT driver which is noticeable better in performance. Of course, most of us here have ASIO devices, so why even worry about it?
Just curious what audio devices have WaveRT and how is it comparable to ASIO ?

Multitrack Studio has never crashed on me. Not once. About 7 years of usage.

it's not a DAW problem. buy decent hardware. i use cubase,fl studio and studio1 and it crash maybe once in a half year if at all. thats because i use good pc hardware and of course optimation of the OS.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Im getting an alesis mmt8 and arturia beatstep. Just use the pc for recording audio.

AstralExistence wrote:hi guys. i own cubase7 artist, sonar x3 basic, reaper, mulab, and fl studio producer. what i want is a multi-track sequencer, and i want it not to crash! im so sick of crashes i cant even begin to tell you. i switched from cubase artist7 to sonarx3, and now i have two multi-track sequencers that i paid my hard earned money for along with the very user unfriendly reaper. reaper is such a broken half completed mess. the developer just keeps adding more code with out working on what really matters, the interface.

so what i want to know is, what do people find is the most rock solid daw. at this point, i don't give a crap about hot pretty it is, i used to a lot. now i just don't care. what i want is something thats stable, and has a great reputation as being stable. and also affordable. can you please help me.
Given what you've said about Reaper, it seems like you care how pretty it is.

If you want stable/affordable, Reaper is the obvious choice.

Sounds to me as if he has a problem with Reaper's interface. Which is a valid point imo.

fedexnman wrote:
ntom wrote:
Just curious what audio devices have WaveRT and how is it comparable to ASIO ?

ASIO is for external soundcards. WaveRT is a microsoft driver that apparently most daws don't support.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

Abelton doesn't like RT
https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/uns ... n-drivers/

Cakewalk and Motu do.
http://www.motu.com/newsitems/windows-w ... w-shipping

I love WaveRT it's fast and it's stable with extremely low latency. I don't have the latest fastest Intel processor. I'm running an AMD dual quad core.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Reason is rock-solid IME.

Curious, are the Reaper peeps talking about Windows or OSX?

Reaper on Windows XP was very reliable for me, but I find it less stable than Logic, AudioMulch, and Tracktion5 on OSX.

Kriminal wrote:Im getting an alesis mmt8
Hope you like the message "BUMMER DUDE OUT OF MEMORY". One track with MIDI modulation should get you there.

SODDI wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Im getting an alesis mmt8
Hope you like the message "BUMMER DUDE OUT OF MEMORY". One track with MIDI modulation should get you there.

its just for seq notes, all mods with be done manually. Most of the stuff will be short seqs (up to 16 bars) recorded into pc, then arranged. I wont be sequencing a 32 track song :wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”