Is Ableton Live 9.1.1 the most unstable version ever?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Is it me, or is Live 9.1.1 the most unstable version ever? I am on a PC (Quadcore CPU 4 GB RAM) Windows 7 32 bits and Live 9.1.1 Suite. It (earlier versions) used to crash at least one time a day. But lately it constantly crashes. It's driving me mad. I've sent 5 crash reports to them (Ableton), today. As you'll probably know, it will just shut down without a message most of the time. Sometimes I'll get a message: serious error occured etc. I really don't have a clue what could cause it to crash so often.

Thanks for reading, opinions, ideas...

Cheers,
Alex

I also run Live 32bit on Windows 7 64bit and it's rockstable. Can't convince it to crash. Might be a problem with a vst plugin that kills it?

TheKid wrote:I also run Live 32bit on Windows 7 64bit and it's rockstable. Can't convince it to crash. Might be a problem with a vst plugin that kills it?

Agreed

9.1 is the only version I've ever tried that hasn't crashed. Even once.

No worse than usual ... I get the odd crash but not asany as the earlier releases. v8 was pretty unstable initially but got fixed.

My Live 32-bit is stable on both computers (Win 7 x64 and Win 8 x64).
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Stable here
dedication to flying

Good to read all your positive experiences. I see there is hope and there must be something wrong with my setup...

Today, for example, I was playing with the free version of Sampletank. I really do like some of the samples of ST (not the GUI). It appears that Ableton Live doesn't like ST as much as I do. Can someone confirm this?

X64 win 7 9.1.1 never had a crash in over 100 hours use.
Almost no crash reports on the forum either, I would hazard a guess it's something else causing the problem
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

stable here too...

mac OS 10.7.5, 32-bit, not a single crash since the last update
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

No

x64 and can't get it to stay running. Still trying to determine cause of crashes but am sure it is something with my system cause too many others having success.

Am confident it is a VST but not sure which yet. It seems it may be Kontakt....sure hope not cause it's my most used vst.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I don't use IKMM products (and most likely never will).
Sampletank? Brrrrrrrr. No thanks. Try bouncing the Sampletank track to audio and drop the IK stuff from your project. Maybe that helps.

Kontakt is running in different libraries here like Kirk Hunter, NI Studio Drummer, ShreddageX and more. Never crashed before.

Oh, and keep your plugins updated.

9.1.1 has turned out to be the most stable version ever. I have yet to have one crash. However, I'm using no 3rd party VSTi's, only Live's instruments and sundry external synths.

beauchamp

No its rock solid
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”