Is Ableton Live 9.1.1 the most unstable version ever?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

It is a good indication of how hard it is to create a modern DAW from scratch… Even if you know what you're doing. When I went back to my V9 Live intro and tested a few things after demoing Bitwig, I was like wow. This program works really well… Ha! I would like to see Bitwig get up and running as it does offer potentially, things I wish Live and Logic did in the same DAW… which would be the reason I purchase the program.

:harp:

BTW, at you guys not sending crash reports:

You're not doing yourselves a favor. I know it's not the easiest thing to do here, but I send what few ones I get straight away. They most certainly don't have a way of tracking if people just keep saying "I'm always crashing"

At least you can with live. Back in the dark ages when sonar used to crash all the time there wasn't even crash reports generated :x

absolutely no crashes with LIVE9 here (v.8 on the other hand . . . :=(
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

You know, this whole Bitwig thing has prompted me to take another look at my Live workflow and I just discovered something which, for me, is really cool. I've always had a problem with the "session view" … "arrange view" thing as I'm sure a lot of people have. And I haven't messed around with the multi window thingy thinking it was more for a 2 monitor setup… but wow, I just realized I can float the session window in front of arrange and create a bunch of variations of areas in the composition and drag them to the track in arrange on the fly. Uh, I gotta say, I knew you could do that (tabbing between the interfaces) anyway but somehow being able to see the 2 at the same time changes the whole concept for me… Pretty crazy. And actually that's pretty much what Bitwig is trying (currently) to do. Big Hmmmm...

I'm now considering upgrading my Live "instead" of Logic. If everyone else is already doing this, my apologies Ha!

:)

3rd party plugs and certain Max4Live devices are the main causes of instability. Sample tank was the absolute worst of them all! Best advice I can give is to use the built in plugs as often as possible and convert others to audio clips ASAP.

I have found a workaround for Sampletank though, Jbridge!

I don't have a problem with M4L here. But then again I don't build things or edit pre made stuff.

why do we need to see empty clip slots in a mixer ? once we have finished with session view and are in arrange there is absolutely no need to see clip slots.

all those slots could and should be filled with inserts etc.

the whole mixing environment in Live needs a major update.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: But you can close the Browser on the left, close the device/clip view at the bottom and increase the size of the meters so all you would see is the mixer and the clips above it.

Hitting Tab on the keyboard switches between the Arranger view and the mixer clip view if youre in single window mode

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”