Nothing

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jedinhopy wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:The program would first use midi gate to record note pitch and then play it back with accumulator.
This sentence makes no sense.
The program should be a standalone application exe file or batch script a bat file to accumulate midi notes.
Now all midi notes should have the exact same length. Start one after one after each other. Just like classic step sequencers where all notes are close to each other. All with the same duration.
This is drivel. BTW, FL Studio has a step sequencer too.

jancivil wrote:Which does have step input. I wouldn't know that but I found tutorials in like two seconds using the google. "It helps to be a great player of course but it’s far from essential with FL Studio’s step input mode and... "

but yeah, do waste our screen space (or provide us more of your unintentional comedy routine) talking about nothing as if it's a question for the group.
It would not work on imported midi files.

this is very pro stuff. one day you'll come to the point where your notes in sync (jedinhopefully). :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

i made a brown fish!

Jedinhopy wrote:I have played the right notes in the right order.
Jedinhopy wrote:It would not work on imported midi files.
:idiot:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I always admire people who take Jedinhopy's threads for serious. I just cannot... :shrug:

To make the timing constant, you'll need to learn playing better keyboard. No program will do that.

Jedinhopy wrote:
jancivil wrote:Which does have step input. I wouldn't know that but I found tutorials in like two seconds using the google. "It helps to be a great player of course but it’s far from essential with FL Studio’s step input mode and... "

but yeah, do waste our screen space (or provide us more of your unintentional comedy routine) talking about nothing as if it's a question for the group.
It would not work on imported midi files.
But the techniques availed to you in that program do work on midi files per se. You can't be arsed to find out about it or you are just here to yank our chain. My remark addressed that you believe FL does not have teh step input. I think you now indicating to us, ad hoc (the original Q was you can't manage to have things time consistently, well the program totally can), that you're going to the trouble to obtain and import midi files and now need to make all the notes the same length absurd and musically pointless, but it's like the rest of this stuff.

Jedinhopy wrote:I only use FL STUDIO.
Except that you want to use that, -and- some other tool which compensates for your decision to use that in some manner you say it doesn't support, instead of finding a tool which does support it.

If you won't help yourself, why do you even bother?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

This is trivial, but you'd need to have a source for the rhythm. That is only simple if the rhythm is simple. (example: 8ths)

My mini vst host contains a system like this, for example. It can generate patterns of notes, force them to scales, create "variations" while holding the same general pattern and scale and likewise for rhythms.

I just generate the whole thing algorithmically from a PRNG random source, but you could just as easily take notes from a stack/sequence.

Ultimately it is easier to just apply rhythm manually in all but the most simple cases.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Tricky-Loops wrote:To make the timing constant, you'll need to learn playing better keyboard. No program will do that.
Of course it bloody could. It's basically changing some event timestamps, which is pretty trivial. I've already pointed out how it can be done manually in a spreadsheet; I could write some perl scripts to do it automatically in a fairly short amount of time. I could probably manage something to do it in real time in max/msp too, though it would take longer.
Seriously, the only reason it doesn't already exist as a simple variation on the usual quantisation options in most midi software is because its pretty f**king pointless for anyone with any sense to want to do it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

https://soundcloud.com/xhip/almost-entirely-random

Here is an example of what I described. No scales or any of the more complex features, just 100% random nonsense for rhythm and pitch.

If you were to take a list of notes rather than generating them randomly, they could be fit to a random pattern. You could also take a pre-defined rhythm and fit those very same notes to it instead. Ultra simple.

Added this feature due to the frequent need for random notes to be played in a predictable sequence. Added slightly more than necessary because fully random notes get very tiring very fast. The ability to adjust a few numbers and get wildly different results makes it interesting again, and it is also useful being able to control specifically which pattern is played when testing plugins, both synthesizers and effects.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

aciddose wrote:If you were to take a list of notes rather than generating them randomly, they could be fit to a random pattern. You could also take a pre-defined rhythm and fit those very same notes to it instead. Ultra simple.

Added this feature due to the frequent need for random notes to be played in a predictable sequence. Added slightly more than necessary because fully random notes get very tiring very fast. The ability to adjust a few numbers and get wildly different results makes it interesting again, and it is also useful being able to control specifically which pattern is played when testing plugins, both synthesizers and effects.
Isn't that what "applying groove" in Ableton does? As well as other groove tools and drum machines, for example EZDrummer...

I'm not sure, I think "applying groove" usually is a variation on quantization where you take an existing sequence (both rhythm and pitch) and fit it to another rhythm.

What I'm describing is taking a list of notes with absolutely no defined rhythm, and a list of timing offsets with absolutely no pitch and combining these.

So,

8th, 8th, 8th, 16th, 16th
+
C G E G F A E G

Repeat that until you get a full pattern. We have 5 and 8, so that would be at 40.

carrieres wrote:quantise the length of all note and move them manually with your mouse
Midi tools should do my work.

No, you should do some work yourself :nutter:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”