1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

But I get the feeling you wouldn't. And I don't just post cat pics all over, btw. AND in that hopefully soon to be locked bitchwig thread, I backed off considerably. For all the good it did.

if it was read only certain folk would have to stand on the street and whine at passing strangers...
:hihi:

Firstly I got ToyLoops, then I tried ShitWig, that's why I'm StudioOne user right now... :hihi:

scintillator wrote:Anyway, the suggestion for a sticky was a serious one and I hope it gets done sooner or later. Could be useful.
Yes. People might look at it in the near future and think “I should get this particular bit of software, it's popular in this interweb poll after all!”

hibidy wrote:But I get the feeling you wouldn't. And I don't just post cat pics all over, btw. AND in that hopefully soon to be locked bitchwig thread, I backed off considerably. For all the good it did.
Okay I'll bite, it really doesn't matter what I think, some may agree with it, some may not but it doesn't mean a thing in the scheme of things.

Yes I'm guilty of bitching here about polls but I have not said they should drop them all together. If anything all polls do is cause arguments when the results are questioned.

Once again that's my opinion which like A holes we all got one, besides with read only,
who would decide what content is posted? I know, that's me be bitching again. :?

By the way I didn't mean just your cat pics, there are a lot of others that I have enjoyed here.

scintillator wrote: There are not that many host apps and it would be nice to have an authoritative source on how popular they actually are. This should have happened years ago. I blame a general spirit of carelessness on the part of kvr members and inability to edit polls for that.
This is an authoritative source? I note Studio One in the lead. I kind of doubt that's going to travel very well.

Anyway, why is the popularity important to anybody? A sticky? Really? Maybe do a search and find out how many of these threads have been in the past.
I think people will get on with a host through their own ways, or a lot of us picked one for particular reasons and got comfy.

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/popular.html

CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote:But I get the feeling you wouldn't. And I don't just post cat pics all over, btw. AND in that hopefully soon to be locked bitchwig thread, I backed off considerably. For all the good it did.
Okay I'll bite, it really doesn't matter what I think, some may agree with it, some may not but it doesn't mean a thing in the scheme of things.

Yes I'm guilty of bitching here about polls but I have not said they should drop them all together. If anything all polls do is cause arguments when the results are questioned.

Once again that's my opinion which like A holes we all got one, besides with read only,
who would decide what content is posted? I know, that's me be bitching again. :?

By the way I didn't mean just your cat pics, there are a lot of others that I have enjoyed here.
I just hadn't taken my meds yet. It's really no problem. Sometimes I just look around and see things a certain way and snap. Hopefully it won't be too hard of a foul.

hibidy wrote:I just hadn't taken my meds yet. It's really no problem. Sometimes I just look around and see things a certain way and snap. Hopefully it won't be too hard of a foul.
No foul here my friend. :wink:

I start jury duty tomorrow, if I'm picked(which I hope I'm not) then my opinion is gonna matter there...

My iPad is the problem. If I get rid of this damn thing I would probably spend less time reading and replying to this stuff. A little warm weather outside probably wouldn't hurt either. :hihi:

I'd only really regularly read 3 forums and one of them I haven't posted to in quite a few days. If I can drop another I'll be 2/3 of the way there.

Baby steps. :hihi:

When I was younger I spent much less time reading the net and more time doing what young people do. Old f__ks have much more spare time for pointless banter and have very often already done almost everything else they wanted to do, travel, skydive, hire a hooker in Vegas, whatever. :lol:

Although, a threesome with two hot Asian chicks is still on my bucket list. :hihi:

The sites are lonely w/o your postings.

You look good, hibidy ^^^^^^^^^^

I knew you speak English English
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgPH0tYXJrA
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote: Tobybear MiniHost is useful sometimes.
Using this since several years to manage fxp/fxb files with the built-in presets manager.

Sometimes also using this for testing purposes.

Ingo
If you like Tobybear you'd love Cantible.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I've been happily using studio one for a couple of years now (since 1.5?). There's a lot to be said for it...it's generally simple to use, but well thought out, it has some pretty slick features (ara and the mastering page come to mind), and the sale prices are a pretty sweet incentive. The forum's probably been pretty quiet because i'd imagine most are just busy using the software, and haven't been running into too much trouble in the process. At least i have been :)
That said, i did not vote, as I'm sort of on the fence at the moment. I'd been a DP user long ago, and the only reason i stopped using it was that my mac got swiped, and i couldn't afford another. A recent corrupted S1 project (my only such experience...killed on save apparently) seemed to be a good opportunity to give the pc demo version of DP a good workout. So far, so good. It's nice to be reacquainted with an old friend. Nostalgia kills!

However that goes (the jury's still out pending completion of the current project), even if DP becomes my primary, Studio One is way too useful to get rid of, and would still be my first general recommendation, assuming more esoteric features aren't required.

Oh, and we need more poll cats!
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Are we there yet?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

....and the whinefest continues ever onwards.... :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”