1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes I use Studio One, Cubase, Reaper and Sonar in that order. Studio One beats Cubase by only a small amount. I use Cubase when I have to for midi and a few other reasons. If Studio One especially but true for the other three DAW’s if they adopt a couple of my “do-able” feature requests it will become my DAW to use all the time. So they sooner they adopt my FR the happier I will be. I hate using multiple DAW’s. :o :dog:

I am curious:
What is the paid user base for each DAW?
How about the total of people that use DAW's.

Kalamata Kid wrote:I am curious:
What is the paid user base for each DAW?
How about the total of people that use DAW's.
You need to start another poll... if it were Crack's included then Ableton Live would be way out in front. :?

Proud bunch those Live Crack's are.... :ud:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
MaF wrote:No need to get cocky.
"Cocky" - Oh for heaven's sake what is your problem ?
There's really no need for you to be a pompous, posturing poltroon.

You really should get something to put on that sensitive skin. That thing at the end of the earth being flat sentence, you know the LOL smiley, means it was said in jest.
Lighten up, please :D

However, if you are going to repeat dubious hearsay as if it were fact, you should expect to be challenged.
Do you have any evidence or provenance to support that there is a specific CPU issue with that particular DAW / host per se ?

My experience has been, that compared to Sonar and Samplitude on the same hardware, S1 has been very good CPU wise. I do have some VST plugins however that are very CPU intensive, so I have found alternatives. ToneBoosters effects being a good example of very CPU friendly, but high quality VST effects that I have adopted to get the best performance out of my hardware.

Whilst there are some very wise and capable people here at KVR, it seems to be a symptom of this forum that rumour, misinformation and dubious dogma (it's that word again, you know who :wink: Best to look it up) are repeated in such a convincing manner by a minority of people.
Once again; * it depends *. For example; I have heard it said a lot,on more than one occasion, that Sonar X2 is a crash fest. My experience is that Sonar X2 only crashed on me once on me due to a dodgy VST EQ plugin and for me has been reasonably stable. I just don't use Sonar, because workflow wise it is just hard work and not enjoyable. In my opinion.

There was a notable recent thread regarding "CPU spikes" in Cubase 7, it turned out the issue was caused by a third party driver not Cubase

You are correct, the free version of S1 does not support 3rd party VST plugins.
Forgive me, but I thought you seemed to be concerned about the CPU usage of Studio 1, as opposed to your VST plugin collection running in Studio 1. There is a difference.

However, if you wish to try your VST plugins in S1, the free version can have a 30 day trial license (Professional version) applied to it, after which time it reverts back to the free version:

http://www.presonus.com/products/Studio ... ree-go-pro (http://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/explore/start-free-go-pro)

I couldn't really care less if you want to use Studio One or not.

For the record, I have absolutely no affiliation or loyalty to Presonus. I use their DAW at the moment because it fits with my workflow, cost me a reasonable amount compared to the value it offers me and has been reasonably stable until the 2.6.2 patch. It is certainly not perfect.
If Magix offered me a tempting enough deal on Pro X, I could be persuaded to return to using Samplitude.

Hugs in your general direction, Rockin' Lily :)

Lee702 wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the GUI.
Neither do I. It's clean and lean with just a hint of caffeine. There are other things to moan about that are more important :hihi:

It really does seem that there's been a flood of S1 votes since this poll started. I wouldn't have thought it is THAT popular - it was a promising DAW...until Presonus lost their main product guy and developer and have fallen off their regular cadence of updates and no longer participate in the community much. Version 2 was a great milestone 2 years ago, but they wasted the momentum IMO.

Reaper is another surprise for me, but I guess it shouldn't be given how much it is talked about on KVR. Similarly, strange that Logic has so few votes - it used to be the most common DAW in all of the Future / Computer Music studio sessions, but it seems like Ableton has really taken a big part of that market. Interesting how things shift.

5Lives wrote:It really does seem that there's been a flood of S1 votes since this poll started. I wouldn't have thought it is THAT popular - it was a promising DAW...until Presonus lost their main product guy and developer and have fallen off their regular cadence of updates and no longer participate in the community much. Version 2 was a great milestone 2 years ago, but they wasted the momentum IMO.

Reaper is another surprise for me, but I guess it shouldn't be given how much it is talked about on KVR. Similarly, strange that Logic has so few votes - it used to be the most common DAW in all of the Future / Computer Music studio sessions, but it seems like Ableton has really taken a big part of that market. Interesting how things shift.

Matthias Juwan is still cranking out for the software team(not to mention all of the core Dev's also) so their main product guy and developer is really still with them.

Although Wolfgang Kundruss moved on to a consultational role doesn't mean anything as far as the Product is concerned, I mean after all most of the work was already done.

Honestly the rumor mill rules and continues to rear it's ugly head in these discussions which to a point is irrelevant to the argument.

Anything else you want to gossip about? :band2:

5Lives wrote:It really does seem that there's been a flood of S1 votes since this poll started. I wouldn't have thought it is THAT popular - it was a promising DAW...until Presonus lost their main product guy and developer and have fallen off their regular cadence of updates and no longer participate in the community much. Version 2 was a great milestone 2 years ago, but they wasted the momentum IMO.

You have a point about S1, but I would also argue that people that use S1 USE IT more than talk about it. It's a pretty stable product and it's not hard to use. Over at the forums there is more chatter about funny things and feature requests than complaint. But trust me, there are ton of users.

Fact: Presonus lost Jonathan who was the product manager for S1.
Fact: Wolfgang Kundruss is no longer working on the product day-to-day (when is software ever "done" - it is a constantly evolving entity. There's always work to do and top development talent is not so easily replaced.)

Which of those are gossip / rumors?

S1 is stable, has a great workflow concept...but has basically been the same since I bought version 2. 2.5 was a decent update, but that was a while ago. Just look at Cubase's updates and how frequent they are and how much functionality they bring. Granted, not 100% bug free, but neither is S1. Not the best investment IMO.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5Lives wrote:Fact: Presonus lost Jonathan who was the product manager for S1.
Fact: Wolfgang Kundruss is no longer working on the product day-to-day (when is software ever "done" - it is a constantly evolving entity. There's always work to do and top development talent is not so easily replaced.)

Which of those are gossip / rumors?

S1 is stable, has a great workflow concept...but has basically been the same since I bought version 2. 2.5 was a decent update, but that was a while ago. Just look at Cubase's updates and how frequent they are and how much functionality they bring. Granted, not 100% bug free, but neither is S1. Not the best investment IMO.
Here are the "Facts" Mathias Juwan's Kristal engine is the basis of Studio one, he along with the team are currently the "Programmers" if you look at the developer site the history bears this out

Link:http://presonussoftware.com/en_US/index.php?id=company

Sad to see Jonathan go but he was not on the Hamburg team which IS Studio One.

I guess just throwing things out hoping they will stick is a common method these days on the Interwebs.
Last edited by CTStump on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One is #1 on this Poll ? Should of had a go fish option . I didn't vote .

fedexnman wrote:Studio One is #1 on this Poll ? Should of had a go fish option . I didn't vote .
I don't think it will stay that way...the call will get out to vote and the fanbois will come out of the woodwork to quash this result eventually.

stick around, it aint over till it's over(another yogi berra-ism) :wink:

I did find it pretty funny that Batman and friends came over to vote at KvR ...

fedexnman wrote:I did find it pretty funny that Batman and friends came over to vote at KvR ...
I'm still waiting for the FL studio wonk's to weigh in. :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”