1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote:just for the record Magix made good with it's users, yes it upset a lot of people but Magix did indeed listen and users didn't lose a thing. On top of that some time later they ran a special where users could upgrade the cleaning and restoration suite to the full versions for free. What they will do with the next upgrade is anyone's guess but they did make good on a bad move ;)
Only after they were beatin on their heads, and it still means there is a Pro (for the older Pros) and a lesser Pro (for the new Pros). Don't you realize that people who were shut-up with that "agreement" did not really have their situation clarified? They are using a product that don't even exist in their line-up. Need something more messy? And how will it be in the next upgrade? Some more special arrangements?

And who cares about cleaning and restoration? For that I have iZotope RX. You cannot beat that, no matter how "special" you go. And when I buy a DAW, I care about the DAW and everything related, not "cleaning and restoration".

They messed up, they disrespected longtime users, and they didn't change anything. They just did an "agreement" to shut-up the shouters. But they did not manage to shut-up me. And that doesn't change the fact their upgrade price is outrageous.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Hink wrote:just for the record Magix made good with it's users, yes it upset a lot of people but Magix did indeed listen and users didn't lose a thing. On top of that some time later they ran a special where users could upgrade the cleaning and restoration suite to the full versions for free. What they will do with the next upgrade is anyone's guess but they did make good on a bad move ;)
Only after they were beatin on their heads, and it still means there is a Pro (for the older Pros) and a lesser Pro (for the new Pros). Don't you realize that people who were shut-up with that "agreement" did not really have their situation clarified? They are using a product that don't even exist in their line-up. Need something more messy? And how will it be in the next upgrade? Some more special arrangements?

And who cares about cleaning and restoration? For that I have iZotope RX. You cannot beat that, no matter how "special" you go. And when I buy a DAW, I care about the DAW and everything related, not "cleaning and restoration".

They messed up, they disrespected longtime users, and they didn't change anything. They just did an "agreement" to shut-up the shouters. But they did not manage to shut-up me. And that doesn't change the fact their upgrade price is outrageous.
So, you spend, what $300 on RX, when Samplitude already has these features included in Cleaning and Restoration? But the upgrade price is 'outrageous'?
Seems illogical to me, but to each his/her own.

What a crazy f'd up industry this is.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

fmr wrote:

no offense but you have been carrying this chip against Magix on your shoulder for a very long time. You are speculating on what will happen next. Really, you dont like Samp, you dont like Magix and that's up to you, dont use it. As for the cleaning and restoration suite, it was a cool gesture from Magix for it's users, I happen to like it and think your comment "who cares" shows nothing but bias against Magix and suggests everyone should like what you like. So far it's been a very long time between paid update releases, at 2 1/2 years by my calculations...I think that most of the users still using Samp have forgiven Magix or they would have moved on to another host by now, but you cannot let go...I think it's time you let go and move on. Yup they messed up, that was over two years ago and they still made good with those customers...I doubt they will do the same thing twice, but why dont we wait and see before we prejudge them, you indeed may be right but they may change things with the next release that favors the old way for old customers.

BTW what they did was they changed their upgrade to a two tier system which also entailed lowering prices as well on the non suite version (they also dropped the retail price of the non suite version by hundreds of dollars). People who upgraded on the lower tier were not going to get all the Magix plugins they had before at the lower price but they could upgrade to Pro X Suite only it cost a little more, but once again they addressed that.

I myself really like the suite, I would have paid the extra money tbh but I didn't upgrade for months after the release because I only upgraded when I needed 64 bit. However there are many people who have paid a lot for 3rd party plugins who prefer those third party plugins, if you were on of these people it was a good deal, Magix said "for those who do not want all the plugins we will allow you to upgrade for less".

Yes it was a mistake how they implemented it, name a company that doesn't make mistakes...but they did indeed accept it was a mistake and make good on it no matter what you say. What they will do next is purely speculation...I'm just glad they showed they listen to their users. They also gave us a choice of a dongle or not, another fine example of listening to their customers.

You're a good guy fmr, I have no beef with you at all and I'm sure you know that but this is water well passed the bridge, you're really beating a dead horse. I do realize everything that happened and tbh imo they handled their mistake very well and I am comfortable with them as a company now. FTR even as a Magix user I have been very hard over the years on Magix (siriusbliss can attest to this) and right now I think they have changed quite a bit in the last couple of years for the better so despite your feelings toward Magix I am going to be sticking with Samp. ;)

edit: BTW the statement there is a pro for old pro users and a pro for new pro users is accurate...also new pro users who choose Pro X over Pro X suite pay 500 dollars less...let me say that again...500 dollars less. There should be a difference and it better be a big difference, but only for those who bought Samp Pro X at 499.00 instead of 999.00. They just have to 'grandfather' in those 'old pro users'...which is what they did with the upgrade a couple of years ago.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Kudos to Presonus for being in the lead.
Meh.

KrisM wrote:Kudos to Presonus for being in the lead.
In the lead for what? Fantasy football?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billcarroll wrote:
KrisM wrote:Kudos to Presonus for being in the lead.
In the lead for what? Fantasy football?
The poll results :hihi: shameless bump

I'm really enjoying Renoise right now.

LawrenceF wrote:Back on topic...

If I could vote for the single most useful feature of any workstation I've touched (mmv, for me personally) in the last couple of years it would be Reaper's SWS Snapshots.

So simple, yet so damn useful. IMO, mmv, no serious studio product should be without something like that. It's ... ... really ... great... and (imo) way more universally useful than most of the shiny stuff that pops up on the regular major update cycles in some other places.

Once you start using something like that, it's very hard to let it go.

Is anything like this available for studio one? Does the snapshots save the settings for the vsti's? If studio one could save snapshots of the mix including any synth tweek changes that would be really awesome..
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I wish.

I'm in the process of hacking up a mini-snapshot thingy for the Win version (faders, pans, toggling all fx on/off) with help from another Win coder guy who is more talented than me (not exactly a really high bar :hihi:), but it's nothing really even close to Reaper's thing-a-ma-bob-gadget.

Keep hope alive that something native might show up there at some point.

Cubase in the mid 90s, ProTools from late 90s to around 2007, REAPER ever since. REAPER is by far the best DAW I've used and suits my workflow perfectly. It is rock solid here too.
Prior to Cubase, I was using ADAT XT and Tascam DA88 and before that, analog multitrack tape in various formats (hence my Ampex avatar).

This ol' chestnut? :hihi:

Abeton Live is my choice. Been using it for years and really love it

If I was a member 6 months before, I voted for cubase. 2 months before, reaper. Now I said Studio One. I hope I won't change it anymore (:

Topic is not up to date any longer :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”