1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is your host/DAW of choice and why. If you use more than one host, choose the one you use the most please. If your DAW of choice is not in the list, please post it's name in the thread. I can't ad other options since it will erase all the poll votes (a kvr forum bug...).

Thanks! :)
Last edited by SampleScience on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

energyXT!

Tracktion .....

Ardour
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Everything has to be "my" way, no matter how illogical some developers may find it. Therefore, REAPER is the choice for me, due to its myriad customization options. (And project tabs!! What a great way to organize/save MIDI clips without them necessarily being part of the current iteration of a song!)

Still, the user interface could use some work (there must be some way to cut down on the menu hell) and I think the default theme is a cluttered mess, but overall, there's nothing that comes close to it for me.

Zynewave Podium is a close contender due to its beautiful simplicity - I wish I could combine it with REAPER somehow.

Studio One is also a close contender; Podium only edges it out slightly in my opinion. Love the ARIA integration... Word is that Tracktion is going to get this as well.

Also, one that isn't mentioned: MultiTrack Studio. Another nice, simple, easy, beautiful interface, but no overall song structure (timeline) view (can't move audio or midi clips around in relation to other ones).

Still, REAPER wins for me, despite some of its cluttered interface faults. It's the one that I can make work almost exactly the way I want it to work, and gets better every couple of months.

Bitwig!

Ha, I was first.

Poll needs to allow respondents to select more than one choice. Some of us are fickle.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

EnergyXT

Cubase Elements 6, but most of the time i just noodle with some VSTi in VSTHost, which hopefully i can replace soon with IL Minihost-Modular, because VSTHost is buggy as hell... every time i use the pitch of mod wheel of the built in virtual midi keyboard, i get volume spikes and crackles of +40 dB or so, and after that, i have to restart VSTHost, because it won't put out a sound at all anymore... or i get graphical corruptions of the virtual cables. Or it crashes when scanning for newly installed VST's. Or...

A shot of Cubase 7.5 with an Ableton Live 9.1 back :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Studio One, because most convenient workspace\mixer ever. Ableton because m4l. And Bidule for any other tasks. But the only one I can not choose.

DrJoeSeriani wrote:Also, one that isn't mentioned: MultiTrack Studio. Another nice, simple, easy, beautiful interface, but no overall song structure (timeline) view (can't move audio or midi clips around in relation to other ones).
I remember that one. I tried it years ago, I thought it was a good multitrack sequencer, the effects were good and the overall sound quality very good. I liked the interface too. It seems to be still alive which surprise me since the competition is really tough!!

fedexnman wrote:Tracktion .....
I thought it was dead, sorry!

Cubase. She's ma bottom bitch. Though FL, she looooove to par-tay.

Sonar. When I was looking for a sequencer, I was quire green, I knew about Cubase, but it required a dongle, which put me off, there was Samplitude, but it was kinda pricey, Pro Tools were another league and Fruity Loops didn't look like a serious program yet, it seemed there wasn't much to choose from. Besides I had some experiences with Cakewalk Professional, so it seemed familiar. So I learned it and I stick to it. I acquired Mu.Lab recently, but can't get into it and I'm not trying hard, learning new DAWs ain't my hobby.

n-Track Studio 7 isn't in the list, either. But when I tested it, I felt sick just by looking at the GUI, so I couldn't use it much... :(

http://ntrack.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”