0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

:x :x AudioMulch is missing :cry: :cry:
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

I don't think this is a serious poll. Digital Performer is missing. And it is too old for Bitwig.

Dazed Veins wrote:I don't think this is a serious poll. Digital Performer is missing. And it is too old for Bitwig.
You can just imagine the 3 votes for bitwig and 2 votes for DP then if you want. :hihi:

@dazed: Give that man a cigar!

HobbyCore wrote: You can just imagine the 3 votes for bitwig and 2 votes for DP then if you want. :hihi:
Is Bitwig really that unpopular? That's a shame really, after such a long time of development. :( Hope they don't end up in a financial fiasco.

Some people have made some beautiful stuff in bitwig, so I think a bunch of people are just using it and staying in that forum.

Hope so, it really doesn't deserve to end up as a flop. What i've seen of it in videos looked pretty nice.

chk071 wrote:
HobbyCore wrote: You can just imagine the 3 votes for bitwig and 2 votes for DP then if you want. :hihi:
Is Bitwig really that unpopular? That's a shame really, after such a long time of development. :( Hope they don't end up in a financial fiasco.
I am quite sure that they are doing well enough. You would be surprised how 'relatively few' users it takes to keep a company afloat when you're charging $399 per license. There's companies like renoise and reaper that maintain offices and multiple employees while charging very low prices for their licenses.

The main thing to keep in mind is that this poll is only a sampling of the population. Podium also has 9 votes and Pro Tools has 7. That's NO WHERE NEAR representational of the actual user base. PT's install base is many orders of magnitude larger than podium. The poll is very obviously nothing more than a sampling of "people who browse kvr and the hosts forum and like voting in polls and whose daw is listed" and it ignores people who routinely use more than one product.

If you were to compare to total userbase of something like Logic, Cubase or FLStudio to the bitwig userbase then scale the numbers accordingly... I think it's quite generous to assume that bitwig would have 3 votes. That would mean that Logic only has 16x the user base of bitwig, and I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it's significantly larger. I would in fact bet that Logic Pro X is installed on more machines in the apple stores of a single US state than all bitwig licenses sold.

Anyway, rational aside, it was posted for the humour value.

That's prolly true, but I do see kvr as relevant in the search of daws. Now gearsluts on the other hand..... :hihi:

HobbyCore wrote:I am quite sure that they are doing well enough.
Probably. No clue what their overhead looks like, they do advertise which can be costly I guess, but endeavors like that typically do have well trained professional business people involved so they'll manage.

A lot of people seem to like the product, and/or the idea of what the product will be as it develops a bit more, which is a really good general indicator that the future of it will be good.

It would indeed be very interesting to have an inside peek at the balance sheets of some of these companies though. As relates to their monthly bills (overhead and loan payments or whatever else is outgoing, salaries etc,) they might already be profitable month to month. It's really impossible to know looking from the outside.

LawrenceF wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:I am quite sure that they are doing well enough.
Probably. No clue what their overhead looks like, they do advertise which can be costly I guess, but endeavors like that typically do have well trained professional business people involved so they'll manage.

A lot of people seem to like the product, and/or the idea of what the product will be as it develops a bit more, which is a really good general indicator that the future of it will be good.

It would indeed be very interesting to have an inside peek at the balance sheets of some of these companies though. As relates to their monthly bills (overhead and loan payments or whatever else is outgoing, salaries etc,) they might already be profitable month to month. It's really impossible to know looking from the outside.
Well, it is possible from the outside if you are a nosey person with friends in the right places. :hihi:

bk wrote:
jabe wrote:
SampleScience wrote:
fedexnman wrote:Tracktion .....
I thought it was dead, sorry!
Tracktion.
More Tracktion love here as well.

Aside from that, Reaper is my reluctant choice, and what I voted for. :)
me too

HobbyCore wrote:Well, it is possible from the outside if you are a nosey person with friends in the right places. :hihi:
Very true. :hihi:

But technically speaking (semantics maybe, granted), if you have an inside source of legit info, you're not really on the outside anymore. :lol:

The users of Pro Tools are probably too professional and busy for KVR :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:The users of Pro Tools are probably too professional and busy for KVR :hihi:
They probably don't go to a website that didn't list their software or plugins for many years.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”