OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

You want the truth? :o

If it really mattered I suppose you could subject some representative sample to a polygraph test and ask them such questions as:

1. Do you use your host because you are some older type who has already invested lots of time and money in it? Would you really use it if you had to start all over and had the choices that are available today?

2. Do you use your host because your idols or musicians doing the type of music you love do so?

3. Do you use your host because you are a starving musician or someone who for whatever reasons tends to be "careful with money"?

4. Do you use your host because you're one of the talented folks who seem to believe that it's more important to spend time perfecting the art of making music than looking for software bugs?

I guess asking them if there are any conflicts of interest surrounding their choice should probably be in there somewhere but certainly not at the top... :hihi:

rp314 wrote:You want the truth? :o
WE CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH... :scared:

edit: That "old" feeling is starting to creep in :lol:

hibidy wrote:edit: That "old" feeling is starting to creep in :lol:
Is this a prelude to cat pic's? :o

CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote:edit: That "old" feeling is starting to creep in :lol:
Is this a prelude to cat pic's? :o
I sure hope so , Bitwig setting a release date was a major buzz kill for me along with the forum changing colors and having the temp forum .....and other things too , I miss the funny cat pics ..... We need a cat dressed up like Batman .

Double post oops :oops:
Last edited by Armadillosound on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good god, there are so many of them.

I tried a number of different DAWs in the past. In mid 2006 I discovered Ableton and lived happily with it ever after. Don't see a need to have another or second tool yet.
There are some situations when I wish to have more routing, control or automation options, but it's the same for every plugin or controller. The only way to be 100% satisfied is to create your own ;)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I'm set on Cubase 5, which does everything I need.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

No cats.
This calls for an Armadillo pic :D Image

Armadillosound wrote:No cats.
Looks like it's going ....SUP?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I do remember one poll wherein everyone was accused of being someone's shill...that was funny. :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Can anyone tell me what makes S1 so popular? I mean Live's fancy in it's non-linear fashion and electronic friendly structure. What does s1 go ahead with?

trimph1 wrote:
Armadillosound wrote:No cats.
Looks like it's going ....SUP?
:hihi:

He started with FL Studio and later switched to Cubase and he's just started his own label :D

fedexnman wrote:Bitwig setting a release date was a major buzz kill for me
Which remembers me that Pro Tools and Buzz are now tied with three votes both. Only at Kvr. :lol:

DJ Warmonger wrote:There are some situations when I wish to have more routing, control or automation options, but it's the same for every plugin or controller.
I imagine many people feel this way regardless of what DAW they are using. MIDI routing and automation still feels like using esoteric backend admin features or outright hacking in some cases rather than using tools actually meant to be used by ordinary users.

I think we've crossed a threshold in recent years where most people can probably get the quality of sound they are looking for fairly easily regardless of what DAW they are using. Many things have contributed to this, major improvements in audio interfaces (lower latency, better converters, etc), faster computers with more RAM, and a sudden boon in inexpensive yet great sounding plugins.

So where a large part of user dissatisfaction was probably focused on sound quality in years past, it is my sense that a significant chunk of that has shifted to dissatisfaction with workflow. MIDI routing and automation are definitely items at the top of that list.

After folks can get the quality and performance they are looking for, and after they can connect and control the various parts effectively, composition tools seems next on the list.

My two cents.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”