OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

LawrenceF wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:...there's no way to fing copy and paste markers! one needs to do it manually!!!
You can both copy and paste and duplicate markers just like media clips...

...one must click, insert marker, rinse and repeat for ever bar they want the cursor to loop at.
Or just create some macros and get on with making music. Try the Shift Loop and Goto Loop Start commands to begin with.
...im a horrible typer ...
You only have to type it once. The macro toolbar is loaded with names for clips and markers and you can edit the menu...

Hope that helps.

Part of the problem is people not actually even using or learning the software they talk about. It happens with them all, all those products. Probably happens with Reaper more than most.
Nice animated gif. :wink: In FL Studio you just click on the left, hold the mouse button, go to the right and in a couple of seconds you can make your loop loops for 30 minutes. 8) :hihi:
Same thing in Acid Music (a 80$ software).

bailees7irish wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:one must click, insert marker, rinse and repeat for ever bar they want the cursor to loop at. i think my song was like 121 bars so i had to insert a marker in 121 places and worse, there's no way to fing copy and paste markers! one needs to do it manually!!! (there's a keyboard shortcut but that's still 121 inserts, then 121 names.

intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, breakdown, outro. and lets not forget having to hit the caps lock bar each time.
:scared:

I have Studio One, but I've never tried to do anything loop-based in it. After reading your post, I don't plan to ever do that. :hihi:
I wanted to do this, but now I have decided to go out instead and randomly shoot at people.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

SampleScience wrote: In FL Studio you just click on the left, hold the mouse button, go to the right and in a couple of seconds you can make your loop loops for 30 minutes. 8) :hihi:
Yes, I own FL Studio Fruity Edition. It's a really great product imo, mmv.

Anyway's ... as to dragging out media clips to loop them and Acid being $80 ... well ...

[Cherry Picking: Suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. The fallacy of selective attention.]

SampleScience wrote:Nice animated gif. :wink: In FL Studio you just click on the left, hold the mouse button, go to the right and in a couple of seconds you can make your loop loops for 30 minutes. 8) :hihi:
Yes Studio One takes the Cubase method of duplication rather than Drag(slip) editing. I miss that from my days of using Sonar. I along with others have made this request to have full Acid loop support available.

I guess it' would be easier for someone coming from Cubase to grasp that way of working then someone using Acid or Sonar but it is what it is. I'm used to it now but I still hope it does get some consideration in version 3.

It's one of those things, every host is missing something but it doesn't really matter once you get used to the workflow and dig deeper, usually I find a feature that trumps my disappointment in this case with Studio One.

People do get tired of hearing It's a new young platform at version 2 wait and allow it to mature but to me it's enough right now to do whatever I need. It can only get better if they listen to some of our requests and implement them.

hibidy wrote:
CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote:edit: That "old" feeling is starting to creep in :lol:
Is this a prelude to cat pic's? :o
I already gruden'ed one guy today, don't make me do it twice :x
Now "eyeknow" what your talking about... another Bitwig discussion maybe... in another forum... in a place far, far away. :D

I Vote Caustic...
But I do not understand how to get my vote counted?
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

mewthree wrote:Can anyone tell me what makes S1 so popular? I mean Live's fancy in it's non-linear fashion and electronic friendly structure. What does s1 go ahead with?
S1 is a very modern DAW. They get a lot of things right. I was a hardcore FL user for 10 years and its latency compensation is an absolute mess when it comes to my UAD card. Live isn't much better in this regard. S1 just seems to work. That said, I DO miss the pattern based workflow!

CTStump wrote:... takes the Cubase method of duplication rather than Drag(slip) editing..
True. Cubase has never done that either so coming from Cubase it was never an issue for me personally, mmv as usual.

That's why there are like ... 30+ ... different audio workstations that do different things and have varying directed areas of focus because different groups of people like and need and prioritize different things. It all only goes wacky if and when a person takes the view that quite literally everything is designed and manufactured to please them personally. :)

Newsflash: Bitwig isn't for everybody, but it will still be a great app.

Viva Le' Difference. :tu:

Maybe the next poll should be ... "How many times have you switched DAW's in the last 10 years?". That will probably be more telling than this poll. :hihi:

Why is Tracktion not in the list ????

pquenin wrote:Why is Tracktion not in the list ????
Because the OP didn't do his homework well ;-)

CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote:
CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote:edit: That "old" feeling is starting to creep in :lol:
Is this a prelude to cat pic's? :o
I already gruden'ed one guy today, don't make me do it twice :x
Now "eyeknow" what your talking about... another Bitwig discussion maybe... in another forum... in a place far, far away. :D
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

LawrenceF wrote:
SampleScience wrote: In FL Studio you just click on the left, hold the mouse button, go to the right and in a couple of seconds you can make your loop loops for 30 minutes. 8) :hihi:
Yes, I own FL Studio Fruity Edition. It's a really great product imo, mmv.

Anyway's ... as to dragging out media clips to loop them and Acid being $80 ... well ...

[Cherry Picking: Suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. The fallacy of selective attention.]
You can download Audacity, load a loop and loop it for eternity, you just have to click "play". And it's free. It can't get easier than that! :wink: :hihi:

Audacity's zero point editing is terrible. Expect a click or pop at the loop point. On the other hand, the free app Modplug does a wonderful job in the sample editor.

Studio One has (hands down) the best workflow I have ever experienced in a DAW.

......and not one mention of SAWStudio, or DubTurbo for that....... :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”