more professional oriented than KVR forum? Or they just
have more professional level musicians enrolled that are
willing to participate in a poll?

Kalamata Kid wrote:Is Gearslutz “Music -Computer” forum
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/
more professional oriented than KVR forum? Or they just
have more professional level musicians enrolled that are
willing to participate in a poll?
I think that would be hard to say with any certainty, but as a visitor of both forums over the years my general impression is that yes, Gearslutz does tend to be more professionally oriented. It's also enormous.

Come on now people, arguing over the legitimacy of polls on the Interwebs. :roll:

A sampling any where that is local is just that. I suppose a real way of knowing would be a chart showing how sales are affected from all the listed DAW's or a Pie Chart showing Market share as opposed to all DAW's listed or maybe something more comprehensive and boring then that.

Take or leave it, it's one poll on one website amongst a million or so others.

Makes me think of the phrase "Get a life" to myself and all youz guyz and or galz. :dog:

CTStump wrote:Come on now people, arguing over the legitimacy of polls on the Interwebs. :roll:

A sampling any where that is local is just that. I suppose a real way of knowing would be a chart showing how sales are affected from all the listed DAW's or a Pie Chart showing Market share as opposed to all DAW's listed or maybe something more comprehensive and boring then that.

Makes me think of the phrase "Get a life" to myself and all youz guyz and or galz. :dog:
Totally agree with the sentiment. There's nothing to prove here, but I wouldn't say that sites like KvR or Gearslutz are merely "one amongst millions". They're significant web communities that do a much better job of reflecting the pulse of this industry's content creators than riaa.com

samplitude has hit an all time high :hyper:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Tronam wrote:
CTStump wrote:Come on now people, arguing over the legitimacy of polls on the Interwebs. :roll:

Totally agree with the sentiment. There's nothing to prove here, but I wouldn't say that sites like KvR or Gearslutz are merely "one amongst millions". They're significant web communities that do a much better job of reflecting the pulse of this industry's content creators than riaa.com
Psych!

CTStump wrote:Come on now people, arguing over the legitimacy of polls on the Interwebs. :roll: (...) Makes me think of the phrase "Get a life" to myself and all youz guyz and or galz. :dog:
... and that's why you just posted your 100th reply in this thread :P

farlukar wrote:
CTStump wrote:Come on now people, arguing over the legitimacy of polls on the Interwebs. :roll: (...) Makes me think of the phrase "Get a life" to myself and all youz guyz and or galz. :dog:
... and that's why you just posted your 100th reply in this thread :P
Notice the bold, larger text in my original quote that you quoted from me, that was directed at me Too... :shrug:

D'oh! Reading be difficult.

Its kind of Ironic . Studio One had got crapped on here really bad when version one came out , but its funny Cubase Jr has been bought and sold in the KVR marketplace for dirt cheap and not to mention the Presonus Sales that go on all the time , its really pretty funny , I wonder how many people that dogged it out in that thread a few years back are now the ones using it and voting here but keeping a tight lip about it ? I'll be interested to see what Bitwig 2 will do .

n/m
Last edited by scintillator on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

I wonder, with all the complaining recently (yep it's that cycle again) about posts that shouldn't be made, threads that shouldn't be started, and polls that shouldn't be done, maybe kvr should just be read only :shrug:

hibidy wrote:...maybe kvr should just be read only :shrug:
Personally, I've been going random access. :wink:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

n/m
Last edited by scintillator on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

hibidy wrote:I wonder, with all the complaining recently(yep it's that cycle again) about posts that shouldn't be made, threads that shouldn't be started, and polls that shouldn't be done, maybe kvr should just be read only :shrug:
Nothing unusual here, I mean that's what this forum is about isn't it(at least in my feeble and demented mind), I'd like to see more cat pic's though(also). :wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”