1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I often wonder, in what framing of logic (no pun intended) should any reasonable adult ever choose a D.A.W. based on 'popularity' as opposed to choosing something they like to use and/or can be productive with no matter what anyone thinks about it.

Other than maybe pointing a person towards demoing a product that he or she had maybe never actually even heard of before, because it appears maybe a lot of people in a certain place may like using it, so it might be something new to check out to see if it fits, these polls have about as much practical value as tits on a bull. :lol:

Especially on the audio side where some the most arguably powerful editing and mixing products are never even listed.

Depends really. Sure, if you know exactly what you want: you know how you want to work, what functionalities are needed for that, then there's almost no reason (no pun intended here as well!!;)) to get the most popular DAW. But I can totally understand why someone who doesn't have all that knowledge, because they're just getting started, would look at the most popular DAWs. It might just be better, in that case, to follow opinions of others.

Why is there no DAW called Titpig ? :hihi: :oops:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: i imagine that by x.5 things could be getting more interesting. maybe by that point, they will lighten up the whole g.u.i, standardise the plugin gui's along the line of the newer efforts. we might even get to see the fruits of the buyout of redmatica
So, finally we would get a Logic Pro X worthing of it's name?

OK, even if I think you have put a lot of wishful thinking in your statement, I will penitentiate of my statement the day Apple do this. Make sure to remind me :hihi:

BTW: Glad you talked about Redmatica. Andrea went to work for Apple in Germany, but what about the products? Another good package that got buried...
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: i imagine that by x.5 things could be getting more interesting. maybe by that point, they will lighten up the whole g.u.i, standardise the plugin gui's along the line of the newer efforts. we might even get to see the fruits of the buyout of redmatica
So, finally we would get a Logic Pro X worthing of it's name?

OK, even if I think you have put a lot of wishful thinking in your statement, I will penitentiate of my statement the day Apple do this. Make sure to remind me :hihi:

BTW: Glad you talked about Redmatica. Andrea went to work for Apple in Germany, but what about the products? Another good package that got buried...
it is not really wishful thinking to imagine that they will bring other plugin g.u.i's in line with the latest revisions.

it is also not hard to imagine that andrea will be helping them with some kind of sampling enhancement, either for exs mkiii, or for something designed from the ground up

BDeep wrote:Depends really. Sure, if you know exactly what you want: you know how you want to work, what functionalities are needed for that, then there's almost no reason (no pun intended here as well!!;)) to get the most popular DAW. But I can totally understand why someone who doesn't have all that knowledge, because they're just getting started, would look at the most popular DAWs. It might just be better, in that case, to follow opinions of others.
Yep, that's what I was getting at. That thing seems to be the only thing of any potential practical value at all with these kinds of polls and even then you still have to take the numbers with a grain of salt, not assume they're representative of anything more than whatever forum or magazine the poll happens to be on.

I mean, if you polled all the full time recording studios and music production rooms on the planet I seriously doubt if S1 and Reaper would be in the lead. :hihi:

So it's not only "popular", but "popular with who"... which random group of people.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: it is not really wishful thinking to imagine that they will bring other plugin g.u.i's in line with the latest revisions.

it is also not hard to imagine that andrea will be helping them with some kind of sampling enhancement, either for exs mkiii, or for something designed from the ground up
Inded. So, what keep them from doing it? Both things should have been there from minute one. Adding features in a .x version is not in Apple genetic code (in opposition to what happened when it was Emagic).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: it is not really wishful thinking to imagine that they will bring other plugin g.u.i's in line with the latest revisions.

Inded. So, what keep them from doing it? Both things should have been there from minute one. Adding features in a .x version is not in Apple genetic code (in opposition to what happened when it was Emagic).
damned if they do, damned if they don't. it is normally the popular view amongst users that bug fixes get prioritised over features. while i agree that 'x' was a little half-done, i can't fault them for getting in there and doing what needs to be done to get things solid

i don't think that updating g.u.i's is a feature, so there's that. as for the sampler project, who knows ??

i have not yet been compelled to upgrade to 'x', in fact i was pretty disappointed with what it turned out to be. part of me still fears that they will just go and fu*k it all up sooner or later, but i have been really surprised at how they have been on top of the fixes since it's release

i'm not ready to write them off yet, though i can fully understand why you have :shrug:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reaper is 2 away! :party:

HobbyCore wrote:
thunderkyss wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
chk071 wrote:Hope so, it really doesn't deserve to end up as a flop. What i've seen of it in videos looked pretty nice.
+1.
Personally I think right now it is way overpriced. It's very early in its development and there is still a lot of functionality missing, I think they would have got more interest if they had started out with a lower introductory price at least.
This is especially true when you can get Ableton Live 9 suite for $425 'used'. Comparatively, bitwig is a total rip off in terms of features and content.

Total rip-off because it retails for $26 less than Ableton Suite used?

That's pretty tough.

I understand it's difficult to justify paying so much for Bitwig... but a "total rip-off"?
Consider what you get in Ableton Suite.
No... he's talking about buying Live 9 Suite used vs Bitwig Studio new.

Consider that Live 9 Suite is going for $799 Bitwig Studio is going for $390. Ableton Live Standard is going for $499

Bitwig Studio is $100 less than Ableton Standard.

It's down to one!!!!!! Go reaper go! :hihi:

thunderkyss wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:
thunderkyss wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Personally I think right now it is way overpriced. It's very early in its development and there is still a lot of functionality missing, I think they would have got more interest if they had started out with a lower introductory price at least.
This is especially true when you can get Ableton Live 9 suite for $425 'used'. Comparatively, bitwig is a total rip off in terms of features and content.

Total rip-off because it retails for $26 less than Ableton Suite used?

That's pretty tough.

I understand it's difficult to justify paying so much for Bitwig... but a "total rip-off"?
Consider what you get in Ableton Suite.
No... he's talking about buying Live 9 Suite used vs Bitwig Studio new.

Consider that Live 9 Suite is going for $799 Bitwig Studio is going for $390. Ableton Live Standard is going for $499

It is $449 straight from Ableton.

https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/

Or $499 with an MPD18 bundled

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... tware.html

The more important issue I see here is Ableton made a capable entry level version for 99 dollars too, instead of having to buy the whole cow as with Bitwig's product.

But you don't get the "whole cow" with those lesser versions.

Besides, nobody pays full price for live. They either have "lite" to help, or like me I got 8 "suite" and a free update to 9.

Plus, you can get it in the market place WAY under what it costs. Abe's are very cool with license transfer :)

thunderkyss wrote: No... he's talking about buying Live 9 Suite used vs Bitwig Studio new.

I've seen Bitwig used for $300

I've seen ableton for less than that.

YES! Reaper has tied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”