1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Orbit-50 wrote:Master Tracks Pro 5 and Opcode Studio Vision running on a Macintosh SE fully loaded with 4MB RAM and with the 20MB Hard Drive and an 8 MHz CPU.

.-.

My MacPlus ran at 8MHz (and no, I couldn't afford either a RAM upgrade nor a hard drive at the time :hihi:) and I thought the SE ran at a blazing 16MHz. :?

Or was the difference between the two elsewhere?

Either way, they were much more expensive than folks nowadays could ever imagine... :hihi:

Live 9 as my main host and Reaper 4 as my second one where i use Live much more than Reaper.
Live simply works for me. I have tested most other available host and in some of them (e.g. FL Studio 11) i had problems even doing simple tasks.

One example in Live is the way you could choose a MIDI controller, route MIDI and route audio inside the mixer view. This is very simple while in other hosts it is tedious.

The way how you set MIDI controllers and route audio in Reaper is Ok too.

Also in Live you don't have to first search long time for the patch browser when you use fxp/fxb files (like in e.g. the OBXD synth). Again in Reaper this is OK too.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Waiting for Bitwig.
Stuck with Orion.
Reaper is a mess.
Live Lite wont even scan a vst folder
Tobybear MiniHost is useful sometimes.

Kriminal wrote: Tobybear MiniHost is useful sometimes.
Using this since several years to manage fxp/fxb files with the built-in presets manager.

Sometimes also using this for testing purposes.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I am surprised by the number of Studio One users so far since it is said to have the worst CPU performance. Or is this only on Mac?

wheres the bitwig option? Or babaya logic ?
:borg:

Every 6 months I kid myself that it's something else than Logic.
But so far, it's still Logic by a country mile.

But I respect Reaper and I really like Renoise.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Studio One rocks it! From noise cancellation to multitrack integration it give me so many creative ways to work effectively. The Melodyne and other tools that come packed in with it are powerful. There is no end to what I can accomplish with S1. :love: Now all I have to do is buy that Presonus 32.4.2 board that I am drooling over.

^Total posts: 1

Seems legit

Is Presonus that desperate?

Studio one pro best for me as I can do programming and mixing and masterring and cd burning and do not almost require external plugins :)

^
Ogopogo wrote:^Total posts: 1

Seems legit

Apparently so
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote:^

Seems legit

Apparently so
Their marketing department probably has to work with reduced budgets as well these days.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:
dakkra wrote:^

Seems legit

Apparently so
Their marketing department probably has to work with reduced budgets as well these days.
Considering it has the least amount of bloat it would be more accessible to workflow in the way some people like to work.

I'm not a shill for Presonus but I do use the application on a regular basis.

These polls should be taken with a grain of salt IMO they do not do anything in the way of choices out there, it's really what works for each person that matters. :wink:

Ayorinde wrote:Cubase.
Was using a Yamaha hardware MIDI sequencer in '92. Saw Cubase in use in a Torvill & Dean documentary, saved up the £450 (1992 price!) for Score 2 and have been with it since - now using 7.5.1.
I was using Cubase on an Atari around that time. But I switched to a C-Lab Notator because it seemed to have better quantize grooves feel wise. Then I bought an Atari Falcon and Logic Falcon which was a bit of a dead end because Emagic stopped developing it. I often wish I had stuck with Cubase because their version for the Falcon worked pretty well. As it turned out I switched to Logic on a Mac Quadra 650 33 MHz in 1994.

Then I made the mistake of switching to PC early 2002 and soon after Apple bought Emagic. Not long after that I switched to Samplitude which is where I am today. Although I'm testing the Cubase 7.5 trial and it's pretty good although I'm pretty familiar with Samplitude now after 9 years or so but I feel a bit nostalgic about Cubase.
Last edited by Kraznet on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Studio One for me also. It just works for me and what I like to do, plus the built in effects are superb to my ears anyway.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”