1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Until now it was Logic. Switched finally to Logic X and yesterday started my first serious session with it, after fiddling around with it while watching some tutorials.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED after just a couple of hours:

1.) It crashed several times :(
2.) Why did they removed the colors black and white?
3.) The MIDI draw editor isn't very responsive
4.) And I wasn't able to copy an instrument to another channel.
5.) Moving the EXS24 with a piano preset to another channel removed the piano

That's for the 7th version after over half a year... It's anyway a little annoying to lear all the new stuff, coming from Logic 8. But at this point, if I have to learn a lot of new stuff (which is actually cool), I'd rather switch to Reaper.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Live despite M4L
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

I'm getting disappointed in S1.
I installed some driver, and now S1 says this is not the same computer and won't boot.
I filled a request in their (horrid) support system, but I know it takes about a week to get an answer that is usually clueless. So I'm out of luck. I guess I'll have to sell the license :)

Seems there should be a way around that. Did you ask over at "that other" place?

urlwolf wrote:I'm getting disappointed in S1.
I installed some driver, and now S1 says this is not the same computer and won't boot.
I filled a request in their (horrid) support system, but I know it takes about a week to get an answer that is usually clueless. So I'm out of luck. I guess I'll have to sell the license :)
The registrations are tied to hardware so some hardware changes (like network cards) might cause that, if that's what you mean, that it's coming up as not being activated and won't start?

If so, it seems like a really extreme step to sell it when you can just go into your user account and delete as many activations as you like and just activate it again in a few seconds... but I hope you get a good price for it.

Reaper's winning the poll again. Happy days. :band2:

Cuabse have no reason to start to learn any other DAW except Machine which is semi daw and turning out to be very versatile and useful for live jamming and sheer feking fun :)

MFXxx wrote:Cuabse have no reason to start to learn any other DAW except Machine which is semi daw and turning out to be very versatile and useful for live jamming and sheer feking fun :)
I do the same. Maschine is excellent with Cubase.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Because someone I know asked about maschine and cubase recently, can you say what it is that is "excellent" about the two together? Frankly, it's not really too cool with studio one (well, the old MK1 controller I have and maschine 2.1 )

hibidy wrote:Because someone I know asked about maschine and cubase recently, can you say what it is that is "excellent" about the two together? Frankly, it's not really too cool with studio one (well, the old MK1 controller I have and maschine 2.1 )
I have the old MK1 controller I have and maschine 2.1 too.

One of the reasons I moved from Live after having used it since 2004 was because of plugins like Maschine and the Virus.

With Maschine in Cubase the timing is spot on. I also like the ease with which you can add Maschine and quickly add outputs for separate channels from the VST Instruments rack. And, if you choose to separate midi for each sound and add new midi tracks for that purpose, Cubase automatically adds midi tracks with the next midi channel. Hopefully that makes sense. It's just pretty easy to work with Maschine in Cubase.

Resource usage is relatively low too. I was using Phalanx in Cubase quite a bit instead of Maschine and couldn't figure out what was killing my CPU. Well, I found out. Now I'm back to Maschine. I really like Phalanx but if I had to pick one at this point I'd go with Maschine in a heartbeat. I'm sure Phalanx will mature and they will get CPU usage down, but Maschine is already there and since I own Komplete Ultimate it really ties in incredibly well.

I don't use the Maschine controller that much. Don't get me wrong, it is useful but I tend to use it just a bit for a project to drop in a few notes with the pads or for automating a parameter, and then I'm done.

Let's not forget drag and drop midi and audio from Maschine to Cubase.

Finally I love being able to work on "drums" outside of the DAW. Open Maschine, create a kit and patterns, then open it in a Cubase project. But of course that's not Cubase specific. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Sounds good. Do you have to run in midi controller mode to get the MK1 to work? In live, its fussy (whish is why I use push)

hibidy wrote:Sounds good. Do you have to run in midi controller mode to get the MK1 to work? In live, its fussy (whish is why I use push)
The MK1 controller just integrates normally with Maschine 2 software when you start it as a VST in Cubase.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I remember that now. For the rest of us poor slobs, we have to run it in midi control mode and you might as well just use your key controller since the coolness of maschine no longer works right.

During my current beta tests i ahve to use multiple hosts for testing including Live 9, Reaper 4.7, Studio One 2.6 and Cubase 7.5 where except Cubase i got full versions now.

Those 4 represent the TOP 4 of the list and currently would be also my personal TOP 4.

I start liking Studio One more and more now, also as it could host both VST 2 and VST 3 plugins (like e.g. Cubase). In the future maybe Live 9 Suite and Studio One 2.6 will be my most used hosts.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I mostly use Reaper, but also dabble in Renoise and FL Studio. I like different things about each of those DAW, but feel the least limited in Reaper (but that freedom can sometimes be daunting and confusing).

I also purchased a license of Bitwig because they support Linux (which I'm not currently using, but would like to return to at some point in time), and i wanted to support them in return, though I feel that it needs a bit more time to mature. I haven't really spent much time with it.

I am one or two feature requests away for making Cubase, Studio One, Reaper or Sonar my main or even my exclusive DAW. Perhaps Samplitude, FL, BitWig and Live should be included. I hope the winner is Cubase.

I feel that the next overdue version update of all these DAW’s will fulfill my dream of “My One and Only Ideal DAW”. I hope that they all will announce the release of the update very soon and in Unison so I can compare the new features and see if my FR are one of the include ones.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”