1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was full time in music for decades, slid sideways for some years to afford a family, getting back into playing recently, had to rework my home studio since nothing in the old version of it was supported by a recent OS.

I picked Studio One because I wanted to make music, not mess with my DAW in the limited time I have for music. In general it's been pretty good -- stable, reasonably intuitive and quick to work with, decent facilities for lots of common tasks.

But sometimes I run into simple things I can't believe aren't possible, like routing an instrument track to multiple VSTIs without cloning the track, repeating a section of some backing tracks without cloning those bars, etc. May need to check out Reaper for a more open-ended approach, but it's hard to tell if it's too much of a mess; some folks seem to think so. I really should get off my duff and just try it. I used to use Cubase too, could upgrade, but I never actually liked it much.

Fundamentally, I think I still miss Studio Vision (:-).

only 1 vote for PT...so only 1 'pro' here so far then...

Kriminal wrote:only 1 vote for PT...so only 1 'pro' here so far then...
Only one vote for Reason, too...so only one rational person here.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Only 32 votes for Reaper so far. Go figure. :P

Disclaimer: Only joking.

How is it possible that Digital Performer was left ou of the poll? Seriously? When even the most "esoteric" options are there?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:How is it possible that Digital Performer was left ou of the poll? Seriously? When even the most "esoteric" options are there?
Even though there's now a Windows version, I think such an omission is not that glaring given the relatively small percentage that use Macs around here. In that sense, the state of things has truly changed over the last quarter century.

Ogopogo wrote:^Total posts: 1

Seems legit

Is Presonus that desperate?
Studio one. :party:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I wouldn't guess Studio One was so popular. What's it's mojo? Price? Is it non-linear like Live?

Maybe it's well prepared for electronic music production or R&B/HP?

Studio One free may be throwing the results a bit.

MuLab and EnergyXT. Had to vote for MuLab though because eXT is not listed..
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

rp314 wrote:
fmr wrote:How is it possible that Digital Performer was left ou of the poll? Seriously? When even the most "esoteric" options are there?
Even though there's now a Windows version, I think such an omission is not that glaring given the relatively small percentage that use Macs around here. In that sense, the state of things has truly changed over the last quarter century.
So, the question is "Your host/DAW of choice" or "Your host/DAW of choice in Windows"?
Digital Performer is probably the oldest DAW still around, if we count Performer as it's origin - oldest than Cubase. And is definitely one of the most powerful too.
Fernando (FMR)

dwozzle wrote: Fundamentally, I think I still miss Studio Vision (:-).
+ 1 :(
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
rp314 wrote:
So, the question is "Your host/DAW of choice" or "Your host/DAW of choice in Windows"?
Digital Performer is probably the oldest DAW still around, if we count Performer as it's origin - oldest than Cubase. And is definitely one of the most powerful too.
Sure, but isn't the question also "Why didn't anyone else notice that before you did on page 5 of this thread?" :wink:

As I mentioned before, I started out on a MacPlus, so I'm well aware of the importance of MOTU software, and it's worth reminding those who might take the wonderful affordable options available nowadays for granted, how much consumers paid for software like MOTU Performer and Composer in 1990 dollars...

Only 17 votes / 7% for LOGIC? :o
That surprises me somehow. But yes, maybe people on kvr aren't that much "professionals". Please don't take my opinion as offense, but I seriously doubt that any advanced Audio Engineer would ever use energyXT, Tracktion, ntrack and similar things. :hihi: :clown:

Delfinoverde wrote:Only 17 votes / 7% for LOGIC? :o
That surprises me somehow.
Doesn't surprise me. There's nothing scientific about this poll. And, worse, it's just a question that has been asked/polled so many times that most regulars probably didn't even bother to respond again. And, the fact that many people use more than one DAW makes the results even more meaningless....except to Presonus perhaps. :wink:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”